Southern Protection Agency

Southern Protection Agency Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

I was not happy working with this company
Southern Protection Agency does not stand behind their security officer when there a offense occurs. And payroll is not always accurate. I will not recommend anyone to apply with this company
Owner will treat you worse than a stray dog.
Owner will promise you the world and when you put in the work he’s starts screaming at you because his memory is going. I’ve never in 25 years of working been so mistreated by any coworker let alone the owner. Avoid this man / company like the plague. How this man hasn’t had a class action lawsuit for a hostile work environment is beyond me.
Great place for steady employment and less stress management is very reasonable and also works with your schedule. Majority of the sites are reasonable.
No balance between management and employees
The company has went through several management changes in one year due to inefficient leadership of the CEO and COO. Security officers are not trained on mandatory security training, not drug screened upon hiring, management and employees are not completely trained on company protocol, equipment and paperwork.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Overworked and not trained properly
Racist company
Things are very unfair nobody communicates, but I’ve dealt with some bias situations where as if someone of one color does something they get a pass (you get what I mean) but as soon as someone of another color does it, it’s a write up or termination there is sickening favoritism within this company and they lie as well as talk disrespectful to you. You never know your schedule and when you call you don’t get any help when you try to speak with hr! Horrible company then they take your money out of your paycheck when u leave them instead of letting you return your uniform. Everyone knows your business and people will talk about it and about you as well. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Unprofessional Company to work for
The hours are bad, if someone does not show up to thur shift you are forced to stay until someone else comes to let u go home. Management is real bad, no comunication. When you call the office you cant talk to no body. I had issues wit my check. They paid me very little, other companys offered a few dollars more. The supervisor is to friendly with feamles, Everyone talks in dis company, everyone knows your business.
Southern protection
Southern protection is a good place to work I enjoyed working for them.i didn’t have any complaints about the company it self maybe some of the contracts places but what can I say it come with the job.
Pros
Great team leaders
Cons
Don’t miss work
Great place to work!
I can finally say I enjoy what I do. The lieutenants are helpful and the training is good. The staff at corporate office is polite and want to help you when you call. I plan to stay here for a while.
Pros
Training
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Southern Protection Agency?
Good Entry Level Job
If you are just starting in the Security field and need to gain training and experience, this is an ideal job! The supervisors and management are extremely helpful. I learned a lot and really enjoyed working at Southern Protection Agency.
Pros
Training, Good Management
Would Not Suggest Family Men or Women to work for this company
Management only cared if you showed up under all circumstances. If you were having a family emergency, be prepared to be blamed for contracts with other companies to be lost. Does not matter if you have been very reliable, they will still make you pick between your family and the job.
Working for SPA
The company works at multiple sites (Richmond Hill, Savannah, Pooler, and Hinesville). Most employees only work one or two based on your location and availability, however because of this, no two job sites or work days are the same. Overall, the company is great. Management is very accommodating and always willing to work around my school schedule. Some sites can be a bit boring however the work is not especially hard and the pay is good considering.They have morning, afternoon, night, and weekend shifts so it's great if you need more than one job or just have an odd schedule. I would definitely recommend applying here if you are looking for a job that has opportunities for promotions or need a few extra work hours.
Don't do it.
They pay very little, refuse to even consider giving you a raise, are quick to throw their employees under the bus, and do not listen to complaints. They are very quick to write people up, and do not treat good employees as they deserve.
Horrible place to work
No advancement. No real hours. Quick to pass the buck. I worked for them for over a year. I understand that starting out you will have to work where you can. I never got a permenant post. I never had a break, or any client complaints. Never offered again. Just bounced from one post to another.
Cons
no real job security
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Protection Agency. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6