Southern Protection Agency Employee Reviews for Security Guard

You're only there so they get lower insurance.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 11, 2019
Unarmed security is only "eyes on site" in case of emergency so the company being guarded can pay less for insurance. It's easy work. Tons of routine. Mild paperwork. Ungrateful clients. A mixed group of coworkers, you meet all kinds on site. Supervisors can be the worst, I got lucky. You are a greeter for elitist snobs and a slight deterrent to minor criminals.
I enjoyed the job, but it suited my needs at the time.
Only apply if you really need a job but you better have Transportation
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 26, 2018
I risked my life multiple times when a situations happen no one called me to ask how I was doing they called to tell me I was removed from that site when I did everything by the books but then turn around and called me back and said never mind we keeping you at the location because they look at the camera and seem I was doing my job they don’t believe nothing they’re employees say
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything about the company
Racist company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
Things are very unfair nobody communicates, but I’ve dealt with some bias situations where as if someone of one color does something they get a pass (you get what I mean) but as soon as someone of another color does it, it’s a write up or termination there is sickening favoritism within this company and they lie as well as talk disrespectful to you. You never know your schedule and when you call you don’t get any help when you try to speak with hr! Horrible company then they take your money out of your paycheck when u leave them instead of letting you return your uniform. Everyone knows your business and people will talk about it and about you as well. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Unprofessional
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Midway, GAApril 2, 2018
Most of the Security Officers there are unprofessional in the work place and have a tendency to show no respect towards anyone else but themselves or their friends who work with them
Cons
no benefits or pay increases
Awful
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 17, 2018
They dont never want to give you hours and are bad at communicating with their employees. Not a good place to work for over a year. I don't recommend it
Working for SPA
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2017
The company works at multiple sites (Richmond Hill, Savannah, Pooler, and Hinesville). Most employees only work one or two based on your location and availability, however because of this, no two job sites or work days are the same. Overall, the company is great. Management is very accommodating and always willing to work around my school schedule. Some sites can be a bit boring however the work is not especially hard and the pay is good considering.They have morning, afternoon, night, and weekend shifts so it's great if you need more than one job or just have an odd schedule. I would definitely recommend applying here if you are looking for a job that has opportunities for promotions or need a few extra work hours.
Great Employer
Security guard, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 26, 2017
Pros
scheduling, multiple job sites
Waste of time
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Midway, GAJune 24, 2017
Don't waste your time.. This job tries to take away your life, if you can't work every weekend for 12 hours then they won't give you that many hours.. They ask for too much for so little pay.. The supervisors talk about employees to other employees which they shouldn't do especially with the no gossip policy that they have..
Pros
There is no pro to this job
Cons
They dont want you to have a life and you cant get lunch breaks
an okay company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMay 26, 2015
you must have a job to work at this company. the hours are long and tiresome. it is a good job . i liked working downtown. it is located about 45 minutes outside off the city but they will give you a job.