Southern Protection Agency

Southern Protection Agency Employee Reviews

Not My First Choice For Security
Management is shaky, with varying levels of commitment applied to varied employees.
Training is provided at the mercy of the officer ( if any others are on duty) in the mood; otherwise, you will be on your own at client sites until instructed BY THE CLIENT (which is extremely unprofessional).

Teamwork (in my experience thus far) is non-existent; this may change in future.
Pros
Relaxed Standards
Cons
Relaxed Standards
Productive and hardworking environment
Typical day at work consisted of getting to the site 15min early, monitoring camera's and patrolling over the site. (scanning in every two hours until another officer is on site.)
Pros
Calm Quiet Working Environment. Nice Employees on site.
Cons
No Time Off For Lunch Break
Racist company
Things are very unfair nobody communicates, but I’ve dealt with some bias situations where as if someone of one color does something they get a pass (you get what I mean) but as soon as someone of another color does it, it’s a write up or termination there is sickening favoritism within this company and they lie as well as talk disrespectful to you. You never know your schedule and when you call you don’t get any help when you try to speak with hr! Horrible company then they take your money out of your paycheck when u leave them instead of letting you return your uniform. Everyone knows your business and people will talk about it and about you as well. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Part time job
Basic security. Normal functions and duties apply. Mall security, plant, office buildings and construction sights. Typical over watch of area. Light work load.
Pros
Light work load
Cons
scattered schedule
Unprofessional Company to work for
The hours are bad, if someone does not show up to thur shift you are forced to stay until someone else comes to let u go home. Management is real bad, no comunication. When you call the office you cant talk to no body. I had issues wit my check. They paid me very little, other companys offered a few dollars more. The supervisor is to friendly with feamles, Everyone talks in dis company, everyone knows your business.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Southern protection
Southern protection is a good place to work I enjoyed working for them.i didn’t have any complaints about the company it self maybe some of the contracts places but what can I say it come with the job.
Pros
Great team leaders
Cons
Don’t miss work
Amazing Company
I live in a gated community and Southern Protection provides the Security there. The guards are always so friendly and I feel safer with them around. They have always returned my calls and came to my aid when I have had concerns.These guys and gals seem to really enjoy their jobs and it shows! Great work Southern Protection! You all are a cut above the rest.
Pros
Helpful. Professional, Friendly
Cons
Nothing I can think of!
Great place to work!
I can finally say I enjoy what I do. The lieutenants are helpful and the training is good. The staff at corporate office is polite and want to help you when you call. I plan to stay here for a while.
Pros
Training
security
The job is stupidly simple , the chief in charge is clueless management is terrible they promise raise after raise after raise and never follow through . Especially unfair to those of us who show up on time every shift ,get no complaints and do our job without complaining.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Entry Level Job
If you are just starting in the Security field and need to gain training and experience, this is an ideal job! The supervisors and management are extremely helpful. I learned a lot and really enjoyed working at Southern Protection Agency.
Pros
Training, Good Management
Wonderful Place to Work!
As an Administrative Assistant, each day at work is different for me depending on the day. The ladies that make up the office staff are super sweet and helpful and very enjoyable to work with! The owner and his wife are very hands on and involved and genuinely care for the employees and are concerned about the company as a whole. I love how laid back the atmosphere is and especially love when the owner's dogs come to visit! There is room for advancement and my skills are appreciated and put to use. Everyone helps each other out and works hard. The Lieutenants and managers are very respectful and professional, as well. I am so blessed to be a part of the SPA team! :)
Pros
Competitive pay, benefits, off at 4:30, weekends off, awesome co-workers & management
Unprofessional
Most of the Security Officers there are unprofessional in the work place and have a tendency to show no respect towards anyone else but themselves or their friends who work with them
Cons
no benefits or pay increases
Good Place to work
Overall I have enjoyed working with this company. I have worked several different sites. Management tries to make a team atmosphere. They are willing to work around my school schedule.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
Some job sites are slower than others.
Awful
They dont never want to give you hours and are bad at communicating with their employees. Not a good place to work for over a year. I don't recommend it
Would Not Suggest Family Men or Women to work for this company
Management only cared if you showed up under all circumstances. If you were having a family emergency, be prepared to be blamed for contracts with other companies to be lost. Does not matter if you have been very reliable, they will still make you pick between your family and the job.
Working for SPA
The company works at multiple sites (Richmond Hill, Savannah, Pooler, and Hinesville). Most employees only work one or two based on your location and availability, however because of this, no two job sites or work days are the same. Overall, the company is great. Management is very accommodating and always willing to work around my school schedule. Some sites can be a bit boring however the work is not especially hard and the pay is good considering.They have morning, afternoon, night, and weekend shifts so it's great if you need more than one job or just have an odd schedule. I would definitely recommend applying here if you are looking for a job that has opportunities for promotions or need a few extra work hours.
Great Employer
Pros
scheduling, multiple job sites
Security officer
I really enjoyed working at this work place.It was great,friendly people, just at some point it can be very dangerous,due to all the ashes thats inhaled
Overall Great place to work
I worked several locations so my typical day could vary. Some locations I could be steadily busy and others pretty slow. Overall I liked being busy and also having down time. Management was very supportive and understood that this was not a long term job. They were flexible with my schedule while I was in school. I enjoyed learning the different tasks at different job locations and overall enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Flexibility, job security
Cons
not tons of room for advancement
Learned lots over the years
Through working with this company I have been able to learn not just the security aspect but also tasks involved with warehouse distribution, residential safety, accounting. I have enjoyed growing with this company and fellow employees. The hardest part is sometimes schedules can be crazy, but they work around personal schedules.
Pros
good management team, flexible
Cons
dont always have a set schedule.
Good entry level job with good compensation
I enjoyed working for this company and I would have continued to had it not been for my need to relocate. The hours were fair, pay was good, and it didn't require much prior experience. I learned as I went.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Protection Agency. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6