Southern Refrigerated Transport Employee Reviews

Couldn't make any money.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 11, 2018
When I worked here it was very difficult to get miles. I would do a run and have to wait two days for another load. It would have probably been better if I was getting loads more frequently.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Miles were low at the time that I was working there.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 26, 2018
this is a very cut throat industry i wouldnt recommend for the weak of heart and for those with anxiety issues. However the atmosphere has been improving. Its a very fast paced environment
Everything is not what it seems
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 25, 2018
1st of all day 1 had to do a recovery was left stranded at the airport from 10:30am until 12:00 midnight didn't know you have to buy your own converter and refrigerator for the truck missing info for the pick-up was promised a set starting pay that was a lie i quit after i dropped my 1st load didnt get paid for the recovery $150 bad experience
Pros
Good equipment excellant navigation
Cons
Lots of missing info low pay fotced to pick up loads for covent which is not refridgerated
I don't recommend anyone to work there.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 17, 2018
Terrible company to work for. The driver managers and planners are idiots. This company makes you think you can get good miles then stop giving you good miles.
Fleet Management is not easy
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 6, 2018
Typical work day is 10 hours while you are at the office, or at least 10 hours of work crammed into 9 hours, and that is working through lunch. Management has changed to many times over the past few years and never really get a feel for what they are wanting from you. One will expect one thing, and then the next expects something else.

The most enjoyable part of the job really is working with your coworkers.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Revolving Management, Poor increases in pay
stayed to myself and did my job
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 1, 2018
i ran for SRT for two and half years. Then i go a local job driving for ELC. With SRT they did get you home in a timely manner. However when it came to a family emeregency they got you home right away.
Pros
decent money
Cons
not home often
lunch room tv room showers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 24, 2018
SRT was a nice place to work i wanted something local. i took a job that was closer to home. SRT was based out of Texarkana Arkansas i live in california
Pros
never had a problem when i had a breakdown i would get help right away
Cons
sometimes when you had to go to the shop for maintenance you may be there for a couple of days
Its ok
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Didnt like some of the dispatchers attitudes....Remember, without us, you can't feed your family...Give us a little respect and alot of attention and consideration.....Just saying
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Rude self centered dispatchers...Not all...Some bad apples
Very fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 21, 2018
Every day was always a challenge. Very productive at all times. Must be a team player to work here. Strong communication is required to make your day go smoothly.
No communication between departments
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, arSeptember 21, 2018
Good first driver job. High turnover. Free idleair, and that's it. Poor communication, not enough/incorrect load info. Getting home on time is hit or miss.
Positive work place to work
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ashdown, ARSeptember 18, 2018
Good place to work the only thing I didn't like they didn't have a lot of loads in my home area so getting off time was sometime a challenge and my wife really wanted to start a family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Getting time off
Great company to work for. If you don't need anyone to hold your hand, this is the company for you.
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 9, 2018
Good communicators. And if you have issues,they find a way to resolve them for all parties involved. You determine how much you make. Over all , good place to work!
Pros
Good accounts
Cons
Sometimes you have to do Walmart?lol
Wonderful workplace with wonderful coworkers/management
Recruiter/Processor (Verifications/Confirmations) (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work with great people. I very much enjoyed working with this company and would definitely recommend this company to anyone. I will miss working at SRT very much!
Good people
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARAugust 20, 2018
Southern Refrigerated Transport is a very amazing company to work for because they are understanding to any of your family's business and will help you.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARAugust 3, 2018
Work environment was fast paced and competitive. My driver manager was great to work with. Had an open door to bring any concerns to him. He was willing to help me in any way that I needed help in.
Pros
Had great dispatcher
Cons
Did not want truck to idle during down time
High impact, fast ;paced.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 28, 2018
Very fast paced business, challenging but rewarding. Very demanding in a few aspects of mixing work life with the at home life. Very dependent on your ability to show up every day scheduled.
Accurate
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 22, 2018
Liers,theves, slave drivers, typical meat market trucking company. Don't care anything about the drivers. Will screw you over and not think twice about it, and smile in your face while their doing it. And that's all truth.
Pros
Good trucks
Cons
Busy and Fun at the same time
After hours dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 19, 2018
To do this job correctly you need to only have one job. If you have two jobs you will have a problem with not getting enough sleep to do the job correctly. The job was 4 nights a week 12 hours per night giving you 48 hours a week.
Pros
Only a 4 day week
Cons
Insurance is really really high
productive
Data Entry Clerk Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 19, 2018
a typical work day is very fast passed, fun at times, busy and family oriented at the same time. The management is very hands on. They try to keep you informed on all aspects of the company. I really like the fact you had your own space to do your job
Pros
pay and flexility
Cons
the schedule
I love my job
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMay 17, 2018
I was hired on as a Fleet Manager and within a month, I was promoted to another position. The management team is very aware of each employee's attributes and position the employees with jobs that work best with their abilities.There is always room for advancement.