Southern Refrigerated Transport Employee Reviews

I love my job
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMay 17, 2018
I was hired on as a Fleet Manager and within a month, I was promoted to another position. The management team is very aware of each employee's attributes and position the employees with jobs that work best with their abilities.There is always room for advancement.
wonderful
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 29, 2018
for the most part this job is a good job , there are a few things I would change but for the most part I love the people and the drivers. I just do not like the hours.
Promised alot to get me to come here and NOTHING happened as promised
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 21, 2018
Their promises not worth the words that came out of the supervisors mouth. shifts, promised overtime, etc stopped a month after I started The training was a struggle to get in the beginning
One of the best companies I have worked for.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 5, 2018
This is a great company with people that care about you not the freight,they understand what it takes to deliver the freight,they have some of the best equipment in the industry with all the comforts of home as far as I'm concerned,the people there have a family setting with an open door policy that allows you to solve any problem that may arise regardless of what it is,trust me as soon as I get my A,s back that's where I'm headed back to SRT where I can say you're not a number you're part of the family.
Pros
The people, equipment, home time and the miles which is a good package deal.
Cons
I can't think of any for me.
very stressful, but paid well
CSR/dispatcher/planner (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 20, 2018
don't have a review, but i would go back to work there because of the benefits and pay. There were good drivers and bad that i dispatched, but i got along with most of them.
productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
Company and team driver and student trainer (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARDecember 27, 2017
again, not much to say about another OTR trucking company. You are away from all life as you know it for as long as they deem necessary for pay that does not support an individual never mind a family
Pros
a warm place to sleep
Cons
your a slave to the truck
Not recommended
Fleet Manager/Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 21, 2017
Not a fun place to work. You never knew when you went to work if you would have a job at the end of the day. Very prejudiced. Good ol' boy mentality. If they like you, you could do no wrong. If they didn't, you could do no right.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor management
Good Company to work for
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 12, 2017
Driving for SRT was fun but stressful at times. Due to navigation going down. Waiting to get loaded or unloaded...a lot of down time.
Fleet manager was awesome.
Truck Driver
Local Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 1, 2017
SRT management was hard to work with and when I left they lied about where I dropped off the truck. My roommate picked me up from frieghtliner and they said that I left the truck at the truck stop which was a lie.
listed below
OTR-Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 12, 2017
Good start up company to drive for, no more than (1) one year. Company has some good staff. Driver DMs sometimes threaten that SRT is a forced dispatch company. Departments within SRT do not communicate together. Nice equipment, to drive.
Srt
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AR 71854September 28, 2017
Company was great to work for, but dispatch needs to learn how a Driver is driven by the hours allowed by FMCSA. Company when running right keeps you in miles
Pros
miles
Cons
dispatch
Too much turn over
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 24, 2017
Staying busy and productive. There was always something to be done for the benefit of drivers. This job held my interest for safety and HAZMAT procedures.
data
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 8, 2017
Was very dissapointed in the care they show their employees. It is all about money and who you know at this company. The pay was great but the company was not
Srt
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 15, 2017
A great company to work for with really good management, trucks, pay, and benefits. I worked there for about 3 years and had a good experience with them. It is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only refrigerated
Great Experience with SRT
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 17, 2017
SRT is a good job. The driver manager are very friendly. Everything on schedule. Every driver/employee taken very good care of.
Only downfall was being away from home for long periods of time.
Pros
Good pay, health insurance, and benefits
Cons
Being gone for too long
horrible
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 27, 2017
when I worked for S.R.T. my dispatcher was very rude and would hang up on me. Never got me home when I was supposed to be home. poor pay rate, they low ball their drivers.
Pros
nice truck
Cons
rude
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fleet Manager/NIght Operations/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMay 1, 2017
the best part about working at SRT is being in touch with the drivers. they light up the night, even during the most dreadful hour of the night, you can count on one to put a smile on your face!
Pros
overtime
Cons
work overload
my experience with southern refrigerated
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARApril 13, 2017
i enjoyed working for southern the first 4 months. they fired my dispatcher. After that i wasn't even getting 1500 miles a week and i felt like my dispatcher hated me so i quit. oh and when i first started. i recovered a truck for them in Virginia. the ride up there was horrible. and when i finally got to the truck it was filthy. i wanted to quit the first day. they will not get you home ontime or pay you the guarantee pay for not getting you home.
Pros
non
Cons
bad company
A great place to learn about the transportation industry.
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 18, 2017
I started at SRT with no experience in the transportation industry. After 10 years of experience and training, there's not much that I don't know. The people are easy to work with and the duties are well-defined.
Pros
Meet people from all over the country. Many learning opportunities.
Cons
High stress. Customer and legal requirements create an atmosphere with low tolerance for error.
Horrible place to work!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 18, 2017
Stay away unless you are lazy and don't want to work....Dispatchers are young and have zero time in the cab or on the road. They have no concept of what trucking is. Continually asked my dispatcher for more miles and even spoke to the driver advocate asking the same and was still denied... Time and time again my dispatcher made errors in eta's and argued the point then admitted she forgot we have 10 hour breaks .... Duh!
This company needs to close and all the so called management and dispatchers need to not ever work in this industry again...
Pros
Cons
everything