Southern Refrigerated Transport Employee Reviews

Wonderful workplace with wonderful coworkers/management
Recruiter/Processor (Verifications/Confirmations) (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work with great people. I very much enjoyed working with this company and would definitely recommend this company to anyone. I will miss working at SRT very much!
Good people
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARAugust 20, 2018
Southern Refrigerated Transport is a very amazing company to work for because they are understanding to any of your family's business and will help you.
High impact, fast ;paced.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 28, 2018
Very fast paced business, challenging but rewarding. Very demanding in a few aspects of mixing work life with the at home life. Very dependent on your ability to show up every day scheduled.
Busy and Fun at the same time
After hours dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 19, 2018
To do this job correctly you need to only have one job. If you have two jobs you will have a problem with not getting enough sleep to do the job correctly. The job was 4 nights a week 12 hours per night giving you 48 hours a week.
Pros
Only a 4 day week
Cons
Insurance is really really high
productive
Data Entry Clerk Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 19, 2018
a typical work day is very fast passed, fun at times, busy and family oriented at the same time. The management is very hands on. They try to keep you informed on all aspects of the company. I really like the fact you had your own space to do your job
Pros
pay and flexility
Cons
the schedule
I love my job
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMay 17, 2018
I was hired on as a Fleet Manager and within a month, I was promoted to another position. The management team is very aware of each employee's attributes and position the employees with jobs that work best with their abilities.There is always room for advancement.
not recommended
office staff (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMay 6, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone. too much stress and nothing you do is ever enough for management. goals are set very high and almost unreachable. and if they are met, no pat on the back, only "keep pushing". they care very little about office staff as the drivers pretty much run the company. brag constantly about driver raises but office staff do not receive any type of set increases.
Pros
pay ok
Cons
micromanagement, almost no sick time
wonderful
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 29, 2018
for the most part this job is a good job , there are a few things I would change but for the most part I love the people and the drivers. I just do not like the hours.
Promised alot to get me to come here and NOTHING happened as promised
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 21, 2018
Their promises not worth the words that came out of the supervisors mouth. shifts, promised overtime, etc stopped a month after I started The training was a struggle to get in the beginning
One of the best companies I have worked for.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 5, 2018
This is a great company with people that care about you not the freight,they understand what it takes to deliver the freight,they have some of the best equipment in the industry with all the comforts of home as far as I'm concerned,the people there have a family setting with an open door policy that allows you to solve any problem that may arise regardless of what it is,trust me as soon as I get my A,s back that's where I'm headed back to SRT where I can say you're not a number you're part of the family.
Pros
The people, equipment, home time and the miles which is a good package deal.
Cons
I can't think of any for me.
very stressful, but paid well
CSR/dispatcher/planner (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 20, 2018
don't have a review, but i would go back to work there because of the benefits and pay. There were good drivers and bad that i dispatched, but i got along with most of them.
productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
Company and team driver and student trainer (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARDecember 27, 2017
again, not much to say about another OTR trucking company. You are away from all life as you know it for as long as they deem necessary for pay that does not support an individual never mind a family
Pros
a warm place to sleep
Cons
your a slave to the truck
Not recommended
Fleet Manager/Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 21, 2017
Not a fun place to work. You never knew when you went to work if you would have a job at the end of the day. Very prejudiced. Good ol' boy mentality. If they like you, you could do no wrong. If they didn't, you could do no right.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor management
Good Company to work for
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 12, 2017
Driving for SRT was fun but stressful at times. Due to navigation going down. Waiting to get loaded or unloaded...a lot of down time.
Fleet manager was awesome.
Truck Driver
Local Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 1, 2017
SRT management was hard to work with and when I left they lied about where I dropped off the truck. My roommate picked me up from frieghtliner and they said that I left the truck at the truck stop which was a lie.
listed below
OTR-Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 12, 2017
Good start up company to drive for, no more than (1) one year. Company has some good staff. Driver DMs sometimes threaten that SRT is a forced dispatch company. Departments within SRT do not communicate together. Nice equipment, to drive.
Srt
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AR 71854September 28, 2017
Company was great to work for, but dispatch needs to learn how a Driver is driven by the hours allowed by FMCSA. Company when running right keeps you in miles
Pros
miles
Cons
dispatch
Too much turn over
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 24, 2017
Staying busy and productive. There was always something to be done for the benefit of drivers. This job held my interest for safety and HAZMAT procedures.
data
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 8, 2017
Was very dissapointed in the care they show their employees. It is all about money and who you know at this company. The pay was great but the company was not
Srt
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 15, 2017
A great company to work for with really good management, trucks, pay, and benefits. I worked there for about 3 years and had a good experience with them. It is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only refrigerated