Southern Technical College Employee Reviews

It's All About the Money
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2019
Antiquated labs and resources. Management needs training. Unprofessional admissions manager and team. Expectation to work when you are not on the clock. High turnover. Staff "aggressively persuaded" to give positive google review. Job placement program not ethical, passing students who do not meet grade requirements and more.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unethical
Excellent working atmosphere
Medical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2019
The Southern Technical College is an excellent college in a very competitive sector of public education. The College manages to stand out in this sector by excellent managing practice and hiring very competent and dedicated instructors.
Pros
Working atmosphere
Stress Free Workplace
Medical Assistant Instructor/CPR Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 27, 2018
A typical day at work at Southern Technical College is productive and a stress free environment. Every employee is always willing to help in any way they can.
Admissions Beware
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 7, 2018
If you've been in the industry, beware. Anyone whose been apart of the industry shift and schools closing will recognize the signs super fast with this college. Lack of flexibility with updating processes and procedures, out dated sales tactics, horrible interdepartmental relationships that even inform the students so!, isolated "clicks" with employees.. Crazy hours that are outdated for admissions ( 3 days till 8pm and 3 weekends a month with only one day off?? Get with the times) .. oh and they try to low ball you with 10k less than industry average. Not to mention intimidation and harassment style training from higher ups. I really could keep going.
Pros
You get a white walled office with no office supplies?
Cons
Upper Management, Pay, Hours, Work Environment
Overall excellent Allows ideas and team support
Adjunct Professor Anatomy ,pharm ,pathology (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 3, 2018
I found coming from a medical profession STC to be very enjoyable with the students very interested in learning.The driving force of all the extras in teaching is the excitement of all the students.The director of education and program directors are also very supportive .We all work as a team to provide a learning experience the students will not forget.I have been at the campus for over 4 years and still enjoy the students and staff.It truely is a large family that supports each other .I recommend the campus to any student and educator.
Pros
Supportive caring
Lack of good management
Rather not (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
Management is inresponsanlr and some employees are incompetents. And of course management won’t pay attention to it. I won’t recommended. They need better management specially admission
Poor management and structure
Professor, Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 13, 2018
Many of the employees care about the clients. That is what makes the job enjoyable. The management/Owners only care about making money. They do not pay benefits or provide the same things other employers see as basic.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
No real positives
Was ok place to work.
EVENING RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 9, 2018
I worked nights so it was relatively slow. It was enjoyable to meet and get to know the students and teachers. There were events such as creating a float for a town parade that included students, teachers and employes.
Pros
Most everyone was friendly
Cons
the changing of mangers at moments notice.
Enjoyable place to work
Staff/Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Busy work environment, which helps the days pass fairly quickly. Employees are given latitude to implement processes to improve job performance. Departments work well together.
Not a positive enviroment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2018
They do not care about their employee's. Very stressful environment. When I started there, it was so positive and fun to work. After a couple of years they changed the Management and it changed to a very negative environment.
Pros
Loved my team members.
Cons
Top Management, very negative
A great place to work and you make a difference!
Management (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 27, 2018
STC is a fantastic place to work assuming you like a fast paced, high demand environment. The bottom line is, you change lives every day through the education STC offers. The Port Charlotte campus in particular has an excellent management team and a second to none academic department!
Pros
Great mangement team
Cons
Work-Life balance
Very poor management
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaAugust 25, 2018
Inexperience and mediocre management styles by individuals who have no concept in coordinating programs that delivers allied health training. Some Instructors are unqualified to teach students who are in a degree program and students lie about having a High School Diploma. Some students cannot read, write or do simple math.
Interview Process
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
I had a 9:30am appointment scheduled for an interview for admissions. I have 6 years experience in admissions. This is the second time Southern Technical has asked me to interview with them. Anyway, I showed, on time and sat for 15 mins. The receptionist spoke to the Director and told him I was there. They have a weird one sided mirror that He can see you from but you cant see him. He called me very quickly after seeing my resume but had no sense of urgency in person...hmmm. that mirror.
Easier for him to judge and show favoritism to those pleasing to his eye. Needless to say, I didnt waste my time. I walked out. I know what I bring to the table and it doesnt require a short skirt and heels or pale skin. It requires heart and skill.
Great work place
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2018
Amazing experience, great pace, and amazing facilities. I would return to this place of employment. Nothing but good things to say about my time at Southern Tech,
Student Centered
admin (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2018
This company is student centered in its educational delivery as all the programs are geared towards lab based work. Over 70% of the grads are finding careers in their field and they constantly have events and awards ceremonies to promote student successes. I truly feel that the company always has their students best interests at heart and it shows by their outcomes and happy employees.
Pros
Student centered events and overall postive atmosphere
Cons
3 buildings
Good people
Management Program Manager and Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 8, 2018
The staff was really nice and it was a good environment for support. The students are dedicated to succeeding in their studies. Many of them had jobs and families, but still made time for a better life!
Horrible Management/Directors
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2018
This school is by far the worst place I have ever taught. The DOE micromanages the educators and constantly lies to staff and students. Getting hired is easy, staying is painful. There is a lack of support of the educators, who should be trusted over the students, who want a free "A" in the class. The students are permitted to cheat without repercussions and instructors are criticized both privately and publicly. Do not attend this school or work here unless you thrive on drama and stress.
Pros
Cons
Director and Managemant are awful
Interesting: constantly changing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJune 21, 2018
Get there in the morning. prepare for class. Set up the lesson for the day. Teach the days lesson. Grade papers and do attendance. take lunch with coworker when available. get ready for night class. start all over again.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
late days
disclosure
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJune 11, 2018
The company closed their doors after hiring me to teach out the class without disclosure of information. The workflow of student activity was limited to technical ability and supplies.
Family oriented place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2018
Everyone works as a team, management works well. The culture is very diverse & all kinds of people work here. I enjoy being with the students all day & seeing how involved they get with their classes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight