Southern Tide Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 17, 2018
Upward mobility is not as easy as it once was, now that the company has grown. If you are trying to get an entry level position to get your foot in the door, you may be in that position for some time. Good work is often overlooked or unrealized. Overall, it is a pleasant place to work and the people are great.
Pros
great benefits
Poor management
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 1, 2018
The company offers great benefits but not great pay for lower end employees. The lack of management support and the amount of indecision are unbearable. As a fun, social company as ST prides it self to be, I can say, we don't follow the modo. A clear indication on why the company is not as inviting as it shows to be, is the lack of employee retainment. Some teams have changed three times in the past three years that I've been working here. Not many people have made it to their fifth year, neither have ST replaced most former employees, leaving with the rest of us over worked. Granted this is not on every department's case, but we all suffer from the toxic environment that is created. Most so with lack of motivation and stress and no real help from our directors and managers, which represent a 2/3 of our total corporate office.
Pros
Overtime pay, location, marketing team
Cons
Employee/Manager ration
Awesome Experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 30, 2017
Southern Tide was a great company to intern for. I would recommend the brand ambassador program to anyone who is interested in marketing or the apparel industry.
Awesome company with a great brand.
Retail Sales Associate & Seasonal Store Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 1, 2016
The company itself is up and coming. Great culture and high quality brand. Able differentiate from other brands by focusing on product while being mindful of employees.
Great Role for College Students
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2016
Working as a campus ambassador in college is a great way to network and enhance sales skills. The company sends each campus ambassador merchandise at the beginning of each semester and then additional merchandise for each event held on campus.
Cool Place
Campus Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2016
Fun
energy
free clothes
Self management
great opportunities for future success
free food
easy days
girls
college football
customer service
Amazing company to be apart of
SENIOR BRAND AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 5, 2015
Great morals, expectations are clear and management takes care of its employees. The foundation that Southern Tide was build on is extremely clear and noticeable to the employees and customers.
very productive, active job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCNovember 3, 2015
Here at southern tide, I learned how to communicate properly with people I worked with/near. I learned how to use a box cutter, jot down important things for fort lift drivers. I learned to stop when I heard sounds for the lifts for safety. I learned how to make boxes and tag them. bag shirts, tag them, stock items. I learned how to cycle count and key in things work related. I learned how to measure shirts and check for any rejects. I learned a lot that helped me see how other ware house jobs operate.
Comfortable and personable workplace!
College Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2014
College Ambassedors are students who hold events on or off campus to help spread the brand name. We have responsibilities alongside these events, and then we review it with the company. Every employee had a great work ethic and dedication to the brand.
Southern Tide
College Ambassador (Former Employee) –  University Park, PAJune 23, 2013
As a college ambassador I was responsible for planning and executing promotional events on campus that generated community interest. I enjoyed hosting events and spreading the word about Southern Tide!
Fast-Paced Environment
Logistics Manager/BPI Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 24, 2012
Great company to work for! The company is growing like crazy and is somewhat chaotic but all the problems are good problems to have. The Southern Tide team comes together as a family to meet and exceed customer needs!
Enjoyable Experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 18, 2012
I had a great time as a college ambassador for Southern Tide! They helped me with each event and were really supportive.