Southern Tire Mart
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Southern Tire Mart Employee Reviews

United States181 reviews

martsoutherntruckraiselocationpacefaststore

Not a bad company to work for

Overall good company to work for. Was a solid work balance. Management is good. Healthcare and benifits are competitive. Just work your job and you'll be taken care of.

Great company

I loved working at this company. My peers and your management were all great people. Plenty of opportunity to increase and advance. Would refer anyone to work here

Pros

Great

Southern Tire Mart insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Bad management

Mot sure if it’s like at other locations but this is how it is in Corpus Christi , Tx . If you are in sales then you will get ahead . Other then that the only employees who seem to get ahead are the bad ones . Bad being as not good at their job or not doing enough to warrant the pay they get . Also management is very narcissistic and racist . Bathrooms are segregated by “customer only “ signs but customers still use the outside employee locker room / bathroom . There are too many things to actually list that are wrong at this location but I assume the company doesn’t care as long as profits are not affected .

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Where do I start

Great pay, good benefits, plenty of work to be done, open workspace.

It’s a tough job but you’re paid fairly and get to use good equipment. The management will listen to your ideas and jump onboard to make it happen. It’s definitely a good company to work for.

Cons

Hot in the summer, cold in the winter

Fun place to work

Great place to work with opportunities to advance. Owners are really involved in the day to day business and make you feel like family. The company over all is very family oriented.

No way to get promoted, bad management

It once was a decent place to work but now it’s awful your not allowed to get promoted, no bonuses, no raises the only way to get through the day is to stay to yourself & avoid certain people especially the management they yell & cuss all day because they don’t no how to run a business & if anyone gets hurts your automatically fired

Not a good company.

Working for this company is not the best. You can get fired for no reason. Management sucks and is of no help. It's a small company that does not know how to treat and compensate its employees. Would not recommend. Most of the employees do not even have a proper work title. They are just hired to do certain tasks.

Pros

Free food during inventory. Which is mandatory twice per year.

Cons

Too many to list.

My hard work paid off but with no help the work handicap me.k

The company is a great place to work as long as you have the right people to work with. I did not have the right people working with me. I still managed to increase the volume of my work load witch made the company migrate to a larger facility by accumulating load shipments from 1 truck out a week to 1 truck load a day. This dramatically increased revinue to a all time high including bonuses and raises. Out of the 3 years I work for the company I received 2 $1.00 raises and everyone else were getting $3.00 raises and up at a time, even the new employee's got raises while I worked hard to better the company.

Good workplace don’t expect to get hired on

Good job not to hard for the pay people and management are cool but management does see you as expandable worked in 1 location for 2 months and 1 month into being able to get hired on then was fired due to missing to many days missed 1 day but was sent to another location stayed for another 2 months 2 weeks into being hired on got replaced by somebody that had already worked their but was fired rehired him and let me go

Na

The operation manager was good he was helpful and made sure that you had what you needed. The GM for the warehouse was a joke he would let the warehouse staff mess up on loading and didn’t have divers back unless you were one of his buddy’s. Truck would be load with to much weight either on one side or overall over weight.

Productive but not a good place to work.

I worked for Southern Tire Mart often on for two years I enjoyed the hard work and love the money it took me a long time to get where I wanted to be at hourly and used to enjoy it but once I told him that I wasn’t able to work 65 and 75 hours a week and couldn’t do calls anymore because I had a newborn kid my experience there started to go bad I was treated differently after that not only that there was definitely a lot of drug use and when it was brought to the managers attention I feel like he favored those who are using due to being underpaid and expendable versus somebody who doesn’t use definitely a lack of management and bad leader ship wouldn’t recommend working at Southern tire Mart because they want to take all the hours I can honey I do not work around people who have families or other outside work activities or appointments.

Strong company, owned by two brothers.Always felt appreciated.

I enjoyed every minute, working here. Developed friendships that will last a lifetime. Ample compensation, for real hard work. If I did not have to move, to be closer to my children and grandchildren, I would still be there. You grow into Grand Junction, look me up.

Pros

All the overtime you can handle. Time off if needed. Massive company with small town feel.

Cons

Hard work. Dirty job.

Horrible Management, Overwhelming work load.

Terrible work place. No concern for employee health. Forced to do things by hand instead of buying the tools needed for the job. HEAVY one person lifting 100 pounds or more over your shoulder height stacking. 6 days a week work schedule. Hard to even view the pay check no guidance on how to set up the company app and no help to enable it. Shady work practices.

Pros

Good pay. Lots of hours.

Cons

No life, no help, No leadership from management. No concern for employee health or safety. Dangerous work place.

No safety training and your handed off to people just screwing around.

So I went to work on my first day and was not even given any kind of safety speech or training just taken into the warehouse and put to work. Everyone around seemed more interested in standing around on their phones,smoking, or talking rather than actually helping me to learn what my job was and apparently asking questions on whether or not I was doing the job correctly made me “lazy”and so further help was refused. Overall the work itself was not to hard but the environment and the employees where terrible the only helpful person was the lady who did my paperwork. Apparently things are not communicated either as I left after the first night there but the lady handling my paperwork was not informed and she called me four days later to finish giving me my info believing that I still worked there.

Pros

No pros other than good pay

Cons

Terrible employees, no safety training. General disinterest in properly training new people, Everyone is either goofing off or ignoring you, you are left to fend for yourself.

Terrible place to manage

They did not give me the time I needed to make the location successful, it was a newly build in a bad location. They closed down a few shops and had to make room for one of there own.

Good people, very much close knit circle

Great opportunity for advancement and compensation. Requires no traditional hours for a few tasks, but overall great people. Hours are not bad at all.

Okay

Cool place to work for a minimal amount of time. Not too many pay raises. You will stay at the same pay rate. Regardless of cost of living rising and also the amount of time and commitment you put into this company.

Pros

As many hours as you can handle

Cons

No pay raises

Good overtime, no family time.

Decent pay due to overtime. Once your in a position it’s hard to get moved up. Short breaks, micro managing and a lot of favoritism, good ole boy system.

Pros

Ot

Cons

Short breaks

Long and hot

Manual labor, you will be hurting this job is for someone young. You will have fun at this job the people there are pretty outgoing and encouraging. Not too hard.

Productive work environment, team atmosphere

It definitely gets better in time. If you show up do your job with a good attitude. You will be going places here. Great boss who buys lunch once a month and breakfast a few times a month.

Pros

Very flexible with everything

Very cool job

People treat everyone nice. It is a really fun place to work plus the have good benefits. It is really hot there in the summer time but I loved that job

Pros

Fun people

Cons

Really hot inside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Tire Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits