Southern Utah University

Southern Utah University Employee Reviews

United States114 reviews
Fun place to work.
I really enjoyed being a T.A. I was specifically asked by a professor who knew me if I wanted to be his T.A., and I accepted. I loved working with the students of the class who were my age and helping them succeed with tips that I knew because I had just been through the course. I felt very good teaching them because I knew I had the skills and knowledge to answer their questions.
Productive and fun workplace
I always stayed busy during the typical work day, I learned a lot about how to serve people, the management was very welcoming and nice, coworkers were also welcoming and nice.
Great Job for Students
My supervisor was super understanding when I needed to take off work to focus on school. The work culture was great, and I had a great experience and loved going to work.
Loved working here!!
I loved working at this place! Everyone was kind and accepting and I felt appreciated almost all the time. I would work here again in a heartbeat! 100%
good university
faculty and stuff are welcoming and open to hire people looking for new opportunities and experiences. They support you economically and socially. Great place to study into.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great Experience
This position was great experience for future jobs. I found this position through word of mouth and applied with their paper application. The pay was good for how easy the job was.
Enjoyable Workplace
Southern Utah University was a wonderful place to work. It was the most enjoyable and diverse place I have ever worked. The management of the department was helpful and engaged with employees.
Good work environment
My coworkers were always very friendly and helpful and the people were what made my job as a student worker so enjoyable. They were also flexible with my hours which was really nice and great for me when i was studying.
Good
Loved working here. Super laid back and consistent. Low pay but not extremely difficult tasks so I think it was fair pay. Great people to work with as well.
Fantastic place to work
I have nothing but positive things to day about working at SUU. I was treated with respect and got to meet some really neat people. Although the pay isn't that great, the job security and good coworkers went far to male up for what it lacked in salary.
good while in school
it was a good job while working my way through school, it didn't pay much but it was good if your looking for a second job and need a little more cash.
Working with the students was great
I loved my job I loved working with students and the student leader ship and my manager when I first started but when I left the director wasn’t good.
Relaxed hours with a good atmosphere.
The hours are very nice, you are able to work in a low stress environment. You learn basic cleaning and sanitation techniques, the management is easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, low pressure.
Cons
Sometimes shifts are later at night.
Was replaced by student worker.
After three years my position was replaced by a student worker. Was informed that the university was replacing mine and other positions by Aviation student workers.
Reasonable work for a student
Management was pretty chill if you do what is expected. Good early-morning work for a student attending full time. Almost exclusively part-time as far as I know.
Very enjoyable
I intern at one of the departments here and it is quite nice. I am able to improve my skills and my professional development and I know so many people now, even people outside of my department! Everyone works together and is really friendly so it's easy to know everybody in the office. I love working here!
Best university ever
I was a full-time student, using my POST 911 GI Bill and achieved great success there. A typical day was normal classroom environment. The hardest part of course, is studying and attempting to achieve the best scores that I could. The most enjoyable part was the people. The professors, the counselors, and the fellow students; all helped everyone to achieve success.
A good place to work.
A typical day at work is usually face paced answering phone calls and transferring them to the necessary departments. While also reporting fire alarms that go off on campus.
Environment
This is the best, most collaborative environment I've ever worked in. The management is very supportive and kind. Feedback was useful and kind. I highly recommend working at SUU.
I loved teaching English to international students.
Given freedom and respect in my four years there. The program was transitioning from a separate private company to being included by Southern Utah University. At first taught in a five week program which wasn’t long enough for the students to progress. A new director was hired who was excellent at training and getting our program developed. Before I taught all different classes and levels. After she came I settled into 4th Level. I had the same core group for listening, speaking, reading and writing 4 hours a day for 7 weeks. Lots of progress and language development. We helped them work on accreditation in committees. Lots of professional development between sessions. I enjoyed the job but would have liked pay raise.
Pros
Freedom to teach students with professional support.
Cons
Lower pay compared to public school.
Student worker
As a student worker, I think that the university could definitely be compensated for their time a lot better. We never got raises and it was hard to make everything work financially while paying for college and trying to work for low wages.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Utah University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Southern Utah University Reviews by Location