Southland Employment Services, Inc.

Southland Employment Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good summer job
12 hour shifts , 5 days straight with a 6 day option , nonstop work , you feel more like a pawn then a piece . Only benefit is the weekly pay & wage .
Poor supervisor
The company I worked for was great but it was the staff at Southland Employment that was unresponsive. It's always hard getting a hold of my supervisor, and my pay did not come on time sometimes.
Loved this job
Enjoyed the job worked on weekends was ok time went fast and enjoyed making friends and having fun meeting new people and friends learning new things and be able to work together as a group
Review
They were nice and courteous people. They worked with you in various capacities and they do their best to keep you employed. The company is very open to help you expand when they have the work available
Temporary
The pay was good, but the management was poor and all over the place. There was rarely any structures on the work field. Other than that, there were great and coworkers that made the job go by faster and better. Unfortunately, there were no benefits at all, but it was posted on the job application.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
A good job for people who are in between jobs
The atmosphere is relaxed and the managers are great. There is constant standing and lifting an average of 50lbs all day. The temperature changes depending upon where you are located, it can easily reach up to 80 degrees.
Good money
Good money when you need a job easy job for anybody going into the work force relaxed environment not hard at all very cooperative when you need a day off
Pesimo recurso humanos
Hay una mujer que se encarga de tomar las aplicaciones y te llama, te dice que hay una plaza le preg sobre que es ni siquiera saber decirte es pésima deberían darle entrenamiento, además te ponen tanto misterio porque trabajas hasta que acabe la producción de lunes a sábado no hasta las 3:30pm que según ellos ponen en sus anuncios
Pros
N/a
Cons
Mal manejo de reclutamiento
I would not recommend working for Southland.
Several of my texts to the Site Coordinator were never answered. These texts included asking for time off for legitimate reasons and trying to get my direct deposit corrected. I ended up just taking the time off I needed and the direct deposit never went through so I had to keep using the card they gave me our 1st payday. I also never got the pay raise I was promised.
Pros
The pay, considering what we were doing, was great.
Cons
No communication, immature coworkers, no pay raise.
Good
To be honest is the family oriented business I love that about them good people, they work with you when issues occur,. I wish pay was more for all the work you do but you advance in positions fast but just know being an on-site coordinator to project manager / and traveling can become stressful but as long as you're an outgoing person really dedicate yourself I would go back
No management at all
No management means no growth. If that's what you want, hey that's your spot! Fails do drug test, fails to verify, fails to make sure applicants are set, fails to give information,fails to train.
Doesnt matter what you know. More anout who you know and even then its a poor job. Crooked
One can work hard the entire day and no one is there to notice ones work therefore never going up in the company. Co workers get jealous over ones achieving and go to talk to heads and that person or anyone for that matter goes up
Very poor work environment

Bad pay

Pay days off

Bonuses are a joke

Holidays off are only 4 a year.
Pros
No supervision no management
Cons
No supervision no management
Southland
It's going on 3wks and I still haven't been paid and they refuse to answer the phones. Work easy but not clear on what to do. The clock in and out system is very frustrating and time consuming.
Liked the work
The work was easy for the most part, I just didn’t like that some of the jobs were to far to travel to daily. I have reliable transportation but the hours were a little long
Pros
Working four days a week
Cons
No overtime
nada gratis
lo que mas me gusto de ese trabajo fue que los niños tenían sus aulas limpias por parte mia pero la atención del grupo gca es pesima
An exceptional teamwork environment.
Southland employment services was a wonderful place to work. Staff was very friendly, the manager told good jokes. We all communicated very well and got along great.
Pros
Lunches together. Free water.
Cons
Very long shifts, little time off.
Fast-paced
The job was on different floors of the building, no restrooms available, had to use portal restrooms. The job require assembling per quota. This job was not for women.
My review
It's a nice place to work. Southland Employment Services was a temporary, contract job for assembly of pods and racks. The job was fast past; so the quicker we assembled the pods the quicker the contract was finished.
Overview of daily job
Southland Employment Services was a temporary, contract job for assembly of pods and racks. The job was fast past; so the quicker we assembled the pods the quicker the contract was finished. Which resulted the company in shutting down a few weeks early without another contract in place for their employees.
Pros
stable income, good management
Cons
short breaks, hiring of inexperienced employees
a typical day at work
Answering calls in order to recruit people and send them to work at one of our partnering companies. Also, fast typing is necessary due to the huge amount of data entry.
Productive and helpful
Working at Southland Employment Services is a pleasure, the staff is very nice and helpful. Always willing to help in any way. You feel like a family.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southland Employment Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8