Southland Holdings Employee Reviews

Bid coordinator
Bid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 21, 2018
Horrible company to work for, you have to "figure it out" on your own. No training, no management, no one talks to you! They treat you like a nobody and ignore you,. I was hired so they could "train me" with no bid coordinating experience. But they never trained me!! You have to be a mind reader to work there. They even sent me out of town to turn in a bid and didn't explain any detail!! Apparently, I'm not the only bid coordinator that fired... I wouldn't apply, they make you feel like dirt.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Everything else
Stay away from the birmingham casting yard
Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham alAugust 29, 2018
Management at casting not good there is not any kind of schedule the superintendent is clearly out of his league and also has a I better than you attitude. Home life will be none existent
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Fast Pace and Repetitive Tasks
General Laborer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work, I help set concrete forms to the previous poured concrete segment. Management is organizing more, and the work place culture is very focus on protecting one another from work injuries. The hardest part of the job is weather, while the most enjoyable part of the job is the employees.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Weather
poor managment
Bid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  texasJune 1, 2018
Not a place to work unless you are a mind reader. They provide no direction and zero training on their processes which every company under southland has their own. Its not a pleasant office environment, outsiders are treated as such. There is no management structure to support the employees.
Overall a good place with good people
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMay 10, 2018
Nature of the tunnel industry is highly stressful, but Southland accomplished maintaining a safe project with as few delays as possible. The project management there was very good and the ownership was personable and cared about their employees.

Problems with the job were lack of transparency with future projects for the craft personnel and low salaries.
Pros
Interesting projects, good management
Cons
lack of transparency for craft, low salary, potentially long hours
Very hostile
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2018
Poor management they treat you like you are beneath them you will be cussed at all the time they always put you in unsafe and dangerous situations. They do not care about safety
Pros
Pay i very competitive
Cons
Ve