Southland Pediatric Therapy Services logo
Southland Pediatric Therapy Services

Southland Pediatric Therapy Services Management reviews

United States12 reviews

Clear

Great management with flexible hours

To start- you are a 1099 employee with Southland, so you don't receive PTO or sick days as you are your own boss. You work how many hours you want, go to the areas of the city that you want, and can decline referrals if you want. The company handles all of the billing and insurance information, so you don't have to deal with that- but you have the benefit of being your own boss, without all the cumbersome work. The company is based in Savannah, but they are VERY efficient at emailing and staying in touch whenever you need them. They are a GREAT company to work for! You do have to travel, as there is no clinic in South Carolina, and there's no company mileage reimbursement (so keep up with it for your own tax records), so as long as you're okay with that, this is a great company to do travel therapy with and still have a work-life balance. Wish I didn't have to move out of state or else I'd still be with them!

Pros

Communicative managment, great management, good hours, good pay

Cons

No PTO due to 1099 employee

Southland is a great company!

Southland Pediatric Services is a wonderful place to work! The staff are all so friendly and helpful. They provide you with the tools you need to do your job. As a contract therapist, I like the flexibility of creating the size of my caseload. If you are an SLP looking for a positive work experience, I would highly recommend this company.

Pros

flexibility, excellent management, friendly staff

Cons

Southland is an awesome company to work for!

I love working for Southland! This was my first job when moving to the area and I’m still working for the company 3 years later. Management and office staff are all fantastic - couldn’t ask to work under better people! Under the home health branch you get the opportunity to work with a variety of patients and make your own schedule/hours. If you’re an OT/PT/SLP, I highly recommend that you look into Southland Therapy!

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Competitive Pay

Best place I have worked!

I work in the Savannah outpatient office and absolutely love working for Southland. The owners are so kind and laid-back and truly trust the therapists to do their jobs. It is extremely flexible as far as scheduling, since you are in charge of your schedule as the therapist. It is multi-disciplinary (PT, OT, ST) and everyone is willing to be collaborative. I have to move to another state soon and wish I could take this company with me!! I highly recommend every speech therapist (what I am) to work here!

Pros

Flexible schedule, great coworkers, excellent management

Cons

Great place to work! Management is easily accessible, knowledgeable and responsive. Contract position so you work as many hours/days as you want. No pressure for productivity or certain hours. Hourly pay is above average and coworkers are friendly, helpful and professional. Positive work/ life balance.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great Company

This is a very good, easy company to work for. You can truly make your own schedule and accept as many or as few clients as you want. I usually stayed away from home health/baby net positions for fear of going into homes that I did not feel comfortable with, but with Southland I enjoy being able to decline areas for safety concerns with no questions asked. Management is very helpful and pleasant and really treat you as a professional (no micro-management). Paperwork is easy and not redundant. Ideal for full time or part time opportunity.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Great work/life balance.

Great work/life balance. Take as many or as few cases as you want. Helpful, polite management team. Asked to shadow a therapist prior to employment and received an excellent shadow experience. Requested a mentor and got one. Requested sample paperwork for template and promptly received it.

Jobs at Southland Pediatric Therapy Services