SOUTHPOINTE HEALTHCARE CENTER Employee Reviews

No Activties
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2019
A day of Work is hard at SouthPoint it’s low staffing everyday no support or help when needed no assistance when asked A lot of patients to take care of without the proper staff
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
It's a fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIDecember 4, 2018
I recommend this place for sure. The atmosphere is beautiful, I love it there opportunities are there and Cetera. You'll have opportunities you never thought you did before.
Southpointe is an awful, substandard, pathetic building that provides substandard care to it's residents.
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMay 15, 2018
Southpointe is truly the worst health care facility I have ever been a part of, I worked in as a leader in shame. Absolute, filth, neglect, overworked/fatigued staff who have the best of intentions. Upper management, DON, Administrator, Administrator in Training, Regional Managers are fully aware of these issues and observe them on a daily basis, yet, they do nothing. Bed sores, open wounds, soiled linens/bedding, and clothing is the norm, for many hours, if not days at a time. The provision of healthcare goes so far beyond what is considered substandard care. I do not know how they are still open. The most upsetting thing is that these residents are the mercy of those running this dysfunctional facility. Literally, all talented unit managers have resigned abruptly in the past few months. Not sure who is managing the facility but a completely dysfunctional Administrator, DON, and ADON... Very sad for the residents of the facility and their loved ones.
Pros
Absolutely none but sadness as an employee
Cons
Thi
Needs stronger administration
LPN (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIFebruary 8, 2018
Many skills learned and used above my LPN
Management is a revolving door
Scheduler takes a long time to approve and release the new schedule
Short staffed daily
Not a great place to work
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIDecember 29, 2017
The management waited for you to do something wrong to write you up.
If management was friends with you then you advanced or got to do whatever you wanted, if you were there to just do your job and do the best you can then you were not advanced because you were not kissing their butts.
They look for a fall guy constantly, especially after a state review
The people there are just inappropriate.
They start rumors and create a negative work environment for you
Horrible facility wouldn't reccomed applying at or sending family to this facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WINovember 4, 2017
Working here is horrible, poor management, lack of organization they didn't even put out signs for mandatory flu shots this flu season. Not only that the caregivers they hire are rude as ever and yet management does nothing. And they didn't even mention how they require you to work holidays yet don't offer holiday pay for it . Overall bad facility highly suggest not working here
Cons
Horrible place to work
Worse place ever
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIOctober 31, 2017
I would not recommend this place of empolyment to anyone. There is no team work. You are overworked, short staffed everyday, and stressed out by time you leave at end of shift.
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Great place
Dietary Aide/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2017
I like that they do a lot for the people there I feel like they are family I still go to visit just to check up on them say hi and have a talk with them I'll work back there when ever they need me to
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Under staff a lot
Working there was kind of stressful but we got the job done
CNA (Former Employee) –  Greenfield WisconsinAugust 29, 2017
Look at their hat it had some incentive but it was kind of stressful people helped out or some of the managers was kind of stressful on us but overall good pay rate
Pros
You could get overtime
Cons
Could not eat lunch free
Horrible
CNA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2017
I would never recommend or ever take a job in that place if that was my only option!!! Worst management ever! Most unprofessional facility I've ever worked in!
Fun working environment
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 14, 2017
South pointe was a very good job nice benefit everyone treats you with respect very responsibility with there employee and honest. Alongest you love your job your job will be easy for you.
Challenging workload, cooworkers friendly
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at work is much like other facilities similar to this. The workload is challenging, high demand of patients, high nurse:patient ratio, short CNA's. Typically the nurse does treatments, medications, any IVs, wound care, tube feeding, charting, education. The management has recently changed so it is difficult to understand what expectations are as they are changing frequently. The workplace culture is enjoyable. The hardest part of job would be the demand and the most enjoyable part would be the cooworkers.
I have nothing to say about this job at this point
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2015
Working through this company has been one of the most challenging experiences working as a nursing assistant. I have worked through several companies and this has been the most unorganized facility!!
Resident Care Specalist
Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIFebruary 4, 2015
I love working with the elderly and they had such a great team an we always worked together an even the nurse help out when they can.
Worked as a CNA.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIOctober 4, 2014
I worked as a CNA. I took care of elderly people and their families when they visited. I made beds and answered call lights. I charted on what I did. Some of my coworkers are friends for life and some where there just to make money.
Pros
Taking care of people who no longer can for themselves.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 19, 2014
would not recomend working here for anyone. the managment is horrible. the working invirnmoent thumbs down.
Productive and Fun Work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2014
I found that it was very important to work with people not only in the team but across other departments.
stayed productive most of the time
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJune 18, 2014
enjoyed co-workers, typical work day was hectic, treated as children by employers most of the time
An interesting and informative work environment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIFebruary 24, 2014
The past two years have been quite interesting. My day starts as soon as I punch in, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Most days are busy; jam-packed with chart auditing, filing, scheduling, orders, labs, talking with nurses, doctors, family members, all while maintaining a positive and professional attitude. The people that I work with are, in my opinion, some of the best nurses and management I have had the privilege of working with. There are days where the nurses will teach me a thing or two, any there are also days where I teach one of the nurses something, or just lend them my ear. Of course there are always issues throughout the day, and from time to time it is very stressful, but the end result is the same. The resident gets the care he/she needs, they get to their appointment on time, and they are safe, which, in my opinion, is the best part of this job.
Pros
Great staff, love scheduling, talking with family members, love helping the nurses
Cons
Would like to be able to do more for the nursing staff
Director
Director (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIFebruary 13, 2014
This company was wonderful when I worked there. However, the new management took over, and the company went down hill.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTHPOINTE HEALTHCARE CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5