Southside Bank Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Proof Operator/Teller (Current Employee) –  Tappahannock, VAJuly 15, 2018
good place to work - has now been bought out but it is still a great financial place to work - people there are from the merger and will continue to be successful.
Its a Job
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2018
Don't really feel secure in my position that is the reason im looking for new opportunities somewhere that has job security and a fun environment Southside Bank used to be a fun place until new management took over
Best job I’ve had
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 2, 2018
Southside is a great place to work if you have an interest in banking. It is easy to fit in and feel like you’re part of the family. They offer excellent training so you’re not being hung out there by yourself when you start. It’s the best place I’ve worked at and hope to keep advancing.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2018
Everyone is very knowledgeable, friendly and they are willing to train a new person. The culture is outstanding. Upper management is also available. The loan officers are wonderful. They will walk with you every step of your purchase or refinance.
Pros
Hours, benefits co-workers, managment
Cons
Too far from me
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2018
Southside Bank is an amazing place to work! Everyone is so great and the management is awesome. The benefits are great and the workplace culture is friendly.
Reliable workplace
Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2017
Safe work environment, and the company does well to train their employees. For the most part, management seems to work well with their team members, and you can usually receive answers to questions fairly quickly.
Pros
They do offer insurances, 401K, and fairly flexible scheduling
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Good place with personable employees
teller (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXNovember 10, 2017
The employees were eager to help and management was majoring in training. Everyone one was helpful. My only complaint with them was the lack of ability to work full time.
Pros
Quiet, calm atmosphere
Cons
Hours were limited.
Southside Environment
Telebanking Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 9, 2017
My typical day at work consists of troubleshooting anything from account inquiries to online banking. I've learned several things while I've been with the bank. I love the culture. Hardest part of my job is dealing with some of the things I can't control. I love my coworkers that is my favorite part of my job.
Opportunities to grow
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 8, 2017
Great work place, a lot of multitasking because of knowing Spanish which allowed me to learn many things and helped me grow. Enjoyed working with the sales environment that helped me earn extra incentives.
I really enjoyed working for Southside Bank!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 31, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Southside bank. I worked as a teller and customer service call center. Management and coworkers were always very easy to work with. Overall great place to work with holidays off and decent pay!
Pros
Yearly raises
Cons
Work some saturdays
pretty good job
Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 6, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Southside. They pay well and its a good environment to work in. Although they are getting rid of internal employees and tend to give them a short notice.
Small town culture creates typical conflicts
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 11, 2017
Excellent place to start your banking career. Customers love this bank because of its history and overall efforts in the community. Overtime it became clear that performance had little to do with career advancement.
Pros
Long time employees are very entrenched
Cons
Long time employees are very entrenched
Productive work place
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 20, 2017
Great place to work, nice people, learned skills that help today become a better work person. It, taught me how to budget my finance well. hired me young and taught me great skills.
Pros
Working with family
Cons
Not getting enough overtime
Different culture than in the past
Reg Sales Mgr for Mortgage Lending (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 2, 2017
When hired the culture was one of caring for employees as well as customers. Due to recent change in management the culture has changed as well. No longer the community Bank as before, but one that is interested in bottom line and not of care for employees or customers
Management (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 14, 2016
Great place to work. Management has high level of integrity, allowing employees to make decisions from top down. Family-like environment. Coworkers have become close friends. Very team-oriented.
Pros
Great employees, culture
productive place to work
Traditional Teller (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 23, 2016
it is a great financial institution with really caring fellow employees. They really work with your schedule and provide great service
Great place to work with lots of chances to move up
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 22, 2016
This company really cares about its people and customers. You can move up in the company as long as you really want to.
Very productive and professional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 27, 2016
Have worked for Southside Bank for almost 2 years and I have loved everyday, very fun and professional work space and the bank takes care very well of their employees.
Great company to work for
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 14, 2016
Everyone is friendly and professional. They work well with school schedules and are flexible with part time hours. Provide in depth training.
Terrible place to work
Senior IT Business Systems Analyst, AVP (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Awful work environment. Nepotism is allowed to continue unchecked. Upper management's unqualified, clueless kids are allowed to advance over other senior team members. Management only rewards sycophants and 'yes' men. Employee ideas are stolen, and presented as their ideas. Got much worse with the Omni acquisition. Being reminded daily that your job was in jeopardy, and that there were counterparts to you in Fort Worth, created an extremely stressful work environment. The moral compass of the bank has steadily degenerated since Bill Hartley was unceremoniously dumped from the Board of Directors. Wouldn't recommend as a bank, or a workplace.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Stressful workplace, nepotism, upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southside Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight