Southside Community Services Board Employee Review

View all Southside Community Services Board reviews

Stressful and frustrating
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, VAJanuary 13, 2018
The hours aren't that bad and the compensation is good; however the direct supervisor is terrible and mircomanages. There is a lack of care for clients and always pushing the bottom line. The environment feels stressful, unpleasant, and not collaborative.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful workplace, not a team feeling

Other Southside Community Services Board Employee Reviews

Challenging but rewarding
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, VAMarch 31, 2019
This field is naturally challenging. Southside is going through a great deal of changes, but so are other CSBs. As a therapist the big drive is to see clients and provide quality services. It's been hard because when the culture started to change the clinical staff left for easier work.
It would be great to be paid more, but the benefits are great. If you want great experience in the field of mental health, with good clinical support this is the place to be.
Pros
Experience. Ethics, high expectations, great benefits
Cons
Hard work
Love Southside
Emergency Services Access Clinician (Current Employee) –  Mecklenburg and BrunswickMarch 2, 2019
I just started here and I love it. Everyone is so nice, my pay is good, and the agency is well organized. I like the benefits and how fairly I am treated. My supervisors are nice, too. I am really happy I took this job. The executive director is friendly, accessible and cares about the clients and staff. I have been doing crisis for 15 years and this agency is the best I have seen.
Pros
Stay at home until I get a crisis call, salary, benefits, coworkers.
Cons
Far from where I live and I don’t want to move

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southside Community Services Board. Our community is ready to answer.

Southside Community Services Board Reviews by Location