Southside Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 30, 2019
Typical day at work: greet patients and draw blood.
I performed venipuncture procedures and collect blood specimens
Management: Good
Work place culture: Good
Hardest part: -
Most enjoyable: Meet people.
I do not have alot to say about the job
Environmental Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VA 23803May 27, 2019
Like most jobs you have your good days and you also have your challenges days. There always room for improvement. I have nothing to say about this company.
Pros
I do not have anything to say about this job
Cons
I do not have anything to say about this job
Poor Staff, Improper Patients
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 26, 2019
If you like practicing medicine from twenty years ago, this is your place. The use of old medications (not out-of-date, just medications that were cutting edge twenty years ago), patients that are inappropriate for the floor, poor documentation and bedside report system, many other faults that a "for-profit" organization inherently has is grossly evident. Understaffing is rampant, management is inadequate to cope with the new demands of medicine.
Cons
Short-staffing and Obsolete Techiniques
Great place Great People
Director Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 8, 2019
Southside is a great place to be, the culture and team are excellent. There is a strong focus on decentralized leadership and building the team to accomplish common goals.
Radiology Extern (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Fast moving pace job. Great people to work with, who are friendly and willing to help you get a handle on how things work there. Great first job. you see something new almost daily.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Growing facility
RN Coordinator OR General GYN DaVinci Breast (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 30, 2019
Facility is growing and works for continual process improvement. Busy departments with increased growth without the increase of staffing. Facility could benefit from more staff that are experienced. Employee retention could benefit the facility.
Very Stressful environment
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 16, 2018
Each phlebotomist is issued a pile of labs to be drawn each morning including various floors at one time. The phlebotomist has to be down in a timely range between 5am-10am if your not your late.
Cons
no lunch breaks frequently
Srmc
Mental Health Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 6, 2018
I have learned a lot as a person and as a nurse while working at SRMC. I had opportunities to work with some Virginia State Oversite committees while serving as the Trauma Coordinator and it was a great experience. I hope was to retire from SRMC one day but I feel like seeing what other opportunities are out there.
Hard Workers, Terrible boss
Manager (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 16, 2018
Staff worked very hard to keep patients safe - very collaborative. Patients and staff could not understand many of the doctors (English not their first language). Stressful due to boss. HR did not address my concerns.
4W is a good floor to work on
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 4, 2018
The company itself is not terrible to work for, but if you are applying to be anything other than a nurse or a patient care tech, some salaries are low. I loved the floor I worked on and the people I worked with but I felt as though I was not getting paid enough to compensate for all of the work I was doing.
Hospital Atmosphere
Patient Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
A very multi-task position, had to have attention to detail, hospital policies typical, work place culture normal, sometimes hours are long but with overtime.
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
The management in the ICU was a fine example of how management should care for the employees. Great working schedule. Offers room for advancement in career.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 1, 2018
One of the best jobs i had and very fun. There was so much to do i was never bored and always on the go. Very face paced but a enjoyable job to have and meet amazing people.
full-time 09/2011 (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 28, 2018
Every professional environment. Focus on the company policy and individual experience while employed was every exciting. Able to meet many different people of different culture but the income wasn't efficient
working at srmc
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 15, 2018
nice place to work .favoritism is sometimes shown. i have learned by working here, we are often short on help. more people need to be hired in my department. working any job has its do's and dont's
Pros
meal tickets
Cons
healthcare
I do not feel comfortable with this request
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 9, 2018
No review at this time. If I leave this company I will then provide a review of this workplace. I do not feel this is necessary at this time.
The major problem I have is the distance I drive to work (34 one way). Southside Regional Medical Center is a good employer.
Productive work environment.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 22, 2018
It was always a relief to work with co-workers that worked as a team. Classes were always being offered to advance learning. I think the hardest part of the job was getting to know your patient and their family knowing the patient is terminally ill.
Pros
Working as a team.
Cons
Not working as a team.
Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petersburg VAAugust 6, 2018
Very poor management. Managers pick and choose who follows the rules and who doesn't and it is based on who you are and if you are liked. There is very little room for career advancement. The primary focus is HCAP scores. The nurse to patient ratio is poor.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Professional yet small town feel where all employees know each other
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 6, 2018
I interviewed there years ago and then there was a different CEO and CNO. I've worked for SRMC for a total of about 8 years. I thought it was a great place to work . I worked there when the old hospital was in downtown Petersburg and I've worked at the new hospital. enjoyed both
Pros
close to home 10 mins
Cons
limited department size therfore you had a hard time getting vacation dates
Intense, and fast pace learning enviroment
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
Your limits of your skills and knowledge are challenged every day. The staff is very knowledgeable and are willing to help you anytime you need it. The company provides classes to every employee to sharpen your skills or even learn new skills. There is always an opportunity for advancement as long as you strive for it. Management is very helpful and understanding, they are also very involved in the well-being of the employees. I had an amazing experience working for the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southside Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Southside Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location