Southwest Airlines

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

challenging enviroment

great environment. Learned to work as a team and in a diverse culture. Management is helpful, and easy to get along with. The best thing about working here is the perks and the people and sense of accomplishment.

Not what I thought it would

The job is overall a lot . You get nonstop calls and it’s high volume call center . The pay rate should be over $20 with the amount of calls you take

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

You are underpaid and do a lot for $15 a hour .

Long hours with mandatory overtime.

No work/life balance. Must work mandatory overtime with little or no rest in-between shifts or you receive points and could point out and get fired. Low pay for all the work we must do and people we must help.

Great fun place to work

Fun place to work the employees tend to stick together it is a union based company. Very hard work can ve challenging if your not in shape free flight benefits go anywhere southwest flies

Pros

Free flight benefits

Cons

Poor management

Lots of pride and ownership to be had

Although very demanding, the job provides excellent benefits and potential for advancement and/or job assignments. Also the ability to transfer locations within the system.

Pros

Very flexible schedule

Cons

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Good pay bad management

Ramp agent pay and time off is amazing after you get some times in. Management sucks, if you just want to be a ramp agent and not play the suck up game you are just a number .

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

You are just a number

It really goes both ways

Sometimes it feels like you have all the support and all the koolaid. Sometimes it feels like your alone with the weight of the world on your shoulders (deadlines, metrics, review & employee follow up). Favoritism is present. Long hours. You have to cover your department and other departments. Work life balance isn’t there.

Benefits

Cons

Work life balance isn’t there

Poor work life

Not a fun job at all. Poor communication and leadership . Point system was horrible. Customers are horrible. I’m sure it was a great company when herb was around

Not the same

I loved working here but it’s not how it use to be :( changed over the years. Moral is very low. Mandatory overtime at an all time high/ disciplined if refused, no matter your personal life or situations, pay for the work (very physical/hard on the body/injuries) lack of accommodations for female pregnant ramp agents. Lack of equipment to do job or on time departures ie lack of tow bars non working or 1 head set for 3 gates. Last but not least the Favoritism

Pros

People, Flights, 401k

Cons

Back to back flights, mandatory OT extension + off day, pay for work, management

Benefits

Free flight benefits401k company matchProfit sharingWorking from home due to COVIDAble to shift trade with co workers Earn extra day off each month with pay

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Mandatory Overtime

Good job security working with good people

As airline pilot employment goes, I believe it is better than most. Being able to trade trips with the company, or trade or give away a trip to another pilot offers decent flexibility in your work schedule. Generally there is overtime available if you wish to earn more.

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Cons

Lack of variety

the pay

good pay short staffed training was good if you have to work mandatory ot you get paid double time. theres is room for advancement you can transfer to different cities.

Pros

pay

Cons

lot of ot

Great company, fun and flexible

With the proper seniority this job is the best! Complete flexibility and good working conditions. Fun loving airline that attracts fun loving passengers. Good pay and benefits.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Physically demanding

Great benefits

Everyone is friendly and helpful. Great place to work. Medical benefits are the best. You and family get to fly for free anywhere Southwest flies. Discounts on other airlines and products.

work with good hope

My personal experience its good company.I am excited for work with this company, like this company and dislike due to if not paid which work i have done.

Pros

designing Graphix

Cons

Some time due to fiver

Flexibility

Very good benefits and a fun place to work. Past 2 years were remote work which was nice. Company functions were nice and recognition on anniversary date.

Benefits

Cons

Sometimes had to work Mandatory overtime

We were expected to be a problem solver with minimal help. SWA cared about all of us..

We took a average of 200 calls a day. Management wanted us to work without help and troubleshoot any problems. We worked as a team and kept up with current training. SWA takes care of it's employees.

Pros

Free air travel from day one. Union. Good pay & benefits.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. No idling while working.

Fun workplace

Good benefits, fun atmosphere, easy to get along with coworkers. If you need time off there are easy ways to go about it. Flying non revenue is a good benefit

Retired and being rehired

Retired from Southwest after 23 years and worked another job for 5 months. Missed it so much I have been rehired back. Great company with flexible hours! Excellent management

Pros

Free flights outstanding health insurance

Tough work, under-staffed. But can be Exciting! Get in the best shape of your life here!

Southwest is by far the best company I have worked for. Yes, there are issues…just like anywhere you would work. Pandemic has made it very hard! Love my job and most everyone I work with!

Pros

Fast paced, work with airplanes, benefits.

Cons

Understaffed, hours and mandatory OT

Going downhill fast!

Started off as a great company then switched management structure to have “duty” supervisors at the small stations. Constantly under staffed and overworked by upper management who did bot understand that only one supervisor could not run all aspects of the operation. If you see a post for duty supervisor, avoid at all costs! You will be overworked, constantly stressed and underpaid. The company doesn’t care much about ontime performance with routinely late flights with no explanation to management, the company also continues to bend to the union and rarely disciplines employees to the extent they should. Upper management doesn’t care if you are short people on a daily basis, you have to issue mandatory overtime or the technology is so far behind other airlines, they only care about the numbers and making the station look good. Once again, if you see a duty supervisor post, stay away as you are basically a manager on duty except that you punch in/out and are an underpaid hourly enployee.

Pros

Generous 401k plan, Free flights, Good health benefits

Cons

Underpaid, Low On-Time Performance, High Stress, Lack of support by upper mgmt, Outdated technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

1.5K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Southwest Airlines with

• Southwest Airlines
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?