Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

great place to work
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
lots of great benefits including free travel.fun fun events and corperate oppurtunities to work with and leadership.lots of hours to invest in if capable of enduring.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
short lunch time constraints
Great culture for employees!
A/P Specialist/Tester (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
The company is great when it comes to making a fun environment for the employees. The employees also work very hard. Nice cafeteria for employees. Great company to work for.
Pros
Work environment
Great company overall
Team Captain and Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
Southwest really cares and invests in their employees and customers. There is no better airline on par with SWA. They offer generous benefits including profit sharing.
Contract Work
Contractor-Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Dallas Love Field HeadquartersJuly 18, 2018
This was a contract position (3 years) through TEK Systems. There were no benefits with Southwest Airlines, but TEK Sys had health and life insurance available.
Pros
Casual. relaxed atmosphere, flexible hours
Cons
After the contract is over, no possibility of full time employee status
Company cares as much about employees as customers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Southwest. The only issue I had were the assigned work hours. This was a second career job for me but would be ideal as an entry level position for someone because of the advancement opportunities afforded.
Pros
fun organization
Cons
work hours
I was a Contractor
Configuration Control Audit Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
Contractor's are not employees of Southwest Airlines, therefore a review would be looked upon as an outside review of this company, although I can say that Managers should be fully capable of managing their department instead of having no clue how to do such.
Fantastic
Provisioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando International Airport, FLJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work and I would love to go back if I could. The best airline ever to fly and work for!! I didn't want to give it up, but unfortunately due to certain circumstances, I had to go.
Pros
Free flying benefits, discounts, rapid rewards membership, free snacks and drinks, comfortable workplace, full benefits to anything and everything
Cons
Too much overtime
Awesome
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Southwest was the greatest company I've ever worked for. The benefits were amazing and work life was just as amazing. Management was also often willing to help whenever needed.
Great Culture, Alright Compensation
Fuel Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
Everyone is so kind and loving--it truly feels like a family, and I know that my coworkers value me as a person as well as my contribution. However, the company doesn't show how much they value their workers through compensation--pay is pretty low, and in the technology field, it ain't going to cut it.
Review of Southwest
Customer Support & Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Southwest Airlines has a great work culture. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you. The pay is very low, but the employees are happy to work there. The advancement is also very slow, regardless of how much experience you have. You have to pay your dues. The schedule can be tough as well, but that is the airline industry as a whole. If you want a day off it can be pretty easy to trade with someone else. The hardest part of the job is when you have mandatory overtime on a day to day basis. Customers get angry and you are already exhausted from working long hours.
Pros
The work culture, the company's reputation, flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, advancement opportunities are slow
Great team environment, Fun activities, and team building
Senior Network Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
This is the best company you can ever work for. Great team members who are willing to help you no matter how many times you may ask. Great team building events as a team, department, and company
Pros
working there
LUV Culture
Operations Specialist NOC (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
SWA prides itself in caring for it's employees. They have always cultivated an inclusive environment with a unique work/life balance. A fun company and culture.
Nice
Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
The mission of Southwest Airlines is a dedication to the highest quality of customer service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and company spirit
Southwest Airlines is a great place to work
System Engineer (Release Management Team) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
Great Culture
Great CEO
Great building
Great Benefits
Great Profit Sharing
Great Parties
Great People
I love workign for Southwest and have been here 20 years. I have decided to relocate to Idaho...
Fast Paced
Provisioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2018
Don't expect to sit around all day. Work moves very fast. Always running to get work done. Management is lazy and doesn't care about you. You work outside most of the day in the hot sun.
Pros
free flights
Cons
workload
I am required to do this whish is totally wrong of you to require of me INDEED
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
My relationship with Southwest Airlines is none of your business and this form that requires me to fill it out is not acceptable! You are setting yourself up for many problems. I surely hope you don't have a system like this for employers to talk about previous employees because that would violate the law.
Nothing that I expected it to be!
Customer Support and Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73119July 5, 2018
This company expects the employees to come in and log into all work applications a half hour everyday and read all daily updates on their own time without pay and you log off of your phone to clock out. Then you must shut down your computer on your own time and restart it. The pay doesn’t make my bills that it costs to live and take care of me and my 2 kids. This is a job for a double income household. They also do not let you eat your lunch when you want or take your breaks when you want. You are told when to eat and when to take your breaks.
Pros
Good benefits
There was never the opportunity to take a break
Customer Service & Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago Midway International Airport, ILJuly 5, 2018
In our role, we never had the chance to take a break and if we did we were disciplined for it. Management was rarely seen and did not offer guidance to any of the new hires.
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2018
This is a fantastic place to work. I have no complaints. Company is great, pay is good and benefits are AWESOME! Upper Upper management really does care for there employees.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Work odd days
Only hear negative from mgmt
Ground Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 30, 2018
Depending on which station you go to depends on culture. You have to talk to mgmt to be able to apply to a position depending on favoritism. There's a lot of complaints of racism meanwhile there is no diversity in HDQ.
Pros
union, benefits, and traveling
Cons
Racism lives mgmt tries to cover it up, Company decides when you get to go home while mgt works 8 hrs and goes home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.