Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Soustwest Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This company is all you read about . People before Profits Equal opportunity for employees of all ages. Life experience carries as much weight to the hiring process as a degree. Culture , Fun Loving you can't teach.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
No Nashville inflight base
southwest
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2017
Southwest was one the best jobs I have had . I loved all the people I came to know an grow with. I the fact the job was a work out every day.an getting to be out side eveyday
Good Company
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2017
Great Company to work for. Great Benefits as well. Great People to work with also. And you can work as much as you want to. Discounts on Travel expenses.
Pros
Vacation discounts, good pay, good career
Cons
weather conditions
Fun Place to work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2017
I don't think it's a bad company but my station is horrible. Management dont know what they're doing. They're also very sneaky. Im sure it may be better at other stations.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Low pay
Truly A Great Place To Work
Senior Business Consultant Network Planning (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I spent time in several departments in during my time at Southwest Airlines. Overall the company has a great working environment and culture. Employees are recognized for doing good work and team work / collaboration is a way of life there.

Southwest has an innovative spirit and a large community of analyst whom are always looking to improve the operational and financial performance of the business with new and evolving techniques based on various data sources. A true analytics competitor.

While I generally agree with the overall management philosophy, there are some less than ideal things that happen from time to time, such as a bad managers or employees. From a manager's perspective there may not be enough discretion to bad employees out or enough support from Human Resources to handle and guide these situations.
Pros
Great Culture, Great People, Interesting Business, Competitive Benefits
Great people
Internship & Camp (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
The people who work there are super friendly! They love to joke around and help me when I need the help. When I was interning over at the headquarters I have met so many people!
Pros
discounts, vacations
Love it there
Senior Recruiter, Headquarters Team (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I am only leaving for personal reasons. I will come back there in a moment. Great culture. Happy employees. Great teams to work with and great future ahead.
Cool people
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
SWA was a good place to work at. They were very flexible with your schedule. There were two shifts and the atmosphere was pretty laid back most of the time.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Lots of unwanted overtime
Fun company culture .
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago MidwaySeptember 7, 2017
Great company . Company outings and rallies . Open door policies . Food days , office parties. Southwest contributes to various charities . Such as RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE.Legendary customer service .
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
Very fast paced environment, it is difficult to have a balanced work/family life
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2017
If you're young and single it's the best first job or career you can ever have. I learned so much about business. It's almost the same business acumen anyone would learn at any top business Ivy League school.
Pros
All the benefits.
Cons
Commuting all the time and being away from your family.
Job
Airline Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Great benefits and built strong friendships with coworkers. Excellent place to work. Hard work, but employees have fun and get to travel to lots of neat places.
dont take the bait
Customer Service and Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Cult like atmosphere where people pay to get a day off to other workers who take advantage of them.Management lets people extort each other and turns a blind eye to it.
Pros
free flights
Cons
mandatory overtime
productive work enviornment
Station Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2017
Southwest Airlines is a
fun, loving, attitude company. The company culture is great. it was just the station that I worked at that was a total fail. The station is being ran by poor management. The company is great though. Never had a problem with no peers from work. I get along with everyone and I was a team player.
Excellent place to work!
People Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for Southwest in the recruitment department as their People Coordinator. The atmosphere and culture were very comfortable and fun. My co-hearts (co-workers) and I worked together in the office to make sure the daily duties were done and complete. We all got along very well.
Awesome company
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Benefits and culture are amazing here with plenty of room for advancement . I started at the bottom here and have been able to work up. I truly enjoy this company!!!!
Pros
Flights, discounts, 401k, great insurance
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
SWA is a great company, great culture, great concepts, with great flight benefits. Nonetheless, most of the managers are just ok at their job. There are many layers to the issues the company has, but it starts with the leaders. People don't leave companies they leave leaders.
Pros
Great company, great culture, great concepts, with great flight benefits.
Cons
Low pay but make up with long hours. Don't get to enjoy the flight benefits often.
Stressful work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2017
Although the company overall is a wonderful company, at my current location it is a hostile work environment because of aggressive, inconsistent, poorly trained managers who have no clearly defined guidelines or experience in the industry.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Poorly trained managers
Work Day and benefits
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2017
I was not happy as a person trying to raise a family the rate of pay and they type of work you have to go trough at Southwest Airlines. There was no way I would be able to afford to live and pay for a family off what Southwest was giving me,.
airline
Ramp Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2017
this company had a great culture and treated its employees like a valued asset. work place was very diverse, from the employees to the weather to the flight schedules.
Productive happy place to work - management style is very relaxed..
Senior Analyst Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Great place to work, everybody is happy and polite irrespective of their rank. There is plenty to do and SWA want to surge forward with new technology and will invest the right amount of money to ensure programs are delivered risk free. Managers expect you to step up and take initiative - make things happen, work with your team and others...
Pros
Many benefits and good profit share
Cons
Very laid back approach.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.