Southwest Airlines
Happiness rating is 82 out of 100

Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 2,263 reviews matching the search
great environment. Learned to work as a team and in a diverse culture. Management is helpful, and easy to get along with. The best thing about working here is the perks and the people and sense of accomplishment.
Southwest Airlines hires good people with good hearts. You must be an honest and respectful person. I LOVE working there. There are lots of opportunities to advance in other areas. The culture is positive and rewarding. The benefits are outstanding. SWA is a GREAT company.
Pros
Well paid, flexible schedules, great benefits.
Cons
Mandated overtime
Busy, fast - paced environment. There are many different jobs at the headquarters in Dallas, Texas and at their bases (domiciles for pilots and flight attendants.
I moved to Southwest from a fairly large company. I heard impeccable things about the work culture here and wanted to give it a shot. Upon starting, I knew something was not right my first few weeks at the job. There were people 'warning me' about what I was 'in for', people told me stories about the last few people in my role and how they had all 'got out of there fast'. Against all odds, I wanted to give it a fair shot. I sincerely think that the façade of this company is that they paint over their inability to empower people to make decisions, their old school top-down highest-paid-in-the-room-speaks-first-and-last culture and overworking their employees with the fun parties, cards and cookies in the mail for your birthdays, and cultural celebrations that they put on. I do believe there may be pockets of good departments within this company, but the one I worked for was not enjoyable.
Pros
They are willing to spend money on grand events, great benefits and 401K match, travel benefits
Cons
Old-school culture, no genuine work-life balance, poor leadership examples
They fire managers super quick. Don’t become a manger at LAX at least. I met some cool ppl and the job was smooth. They make you stay past the time you’re scheduled to get off.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great company with great benefits. Work schedules are flexible. Flight crew is always positive and friendly. Affordable prices for flights. Good company to work for.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Part timers are second fiddle
Other than having my children, the best decision I ever made in my life was to go to work for Southwest Airlines. The company truly walks the talk. No other comments needed.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Nothing.
Alot of fun going to work not knowing how the day will be but always knowing I did an important job and helped get travelers on they're way, and great interaction with co workers.
Pros
Free flight
great place to work. Great benefits and the best work/company culture ever. Management are fair. Fun atmosphere at work everyday. Have fun amongst the storms.
Cons
Southwest is by far the best job I’ve ever worked at. Their culture of family is very dominant with this company. I’ve never felt like a number and have the best cohearts
I have loved my time at southwest. The culture is by far the best I have ever been part of. The job environment is very positive and you are provided with great flexibility.
Pros
Great job culture
Cons
People at Southwest Airlines have fun. There always seems to be a party each week while the weather is nice. The people are wonderful and most have worked there a very long time which says a lot.
Pros
Parties and social events
Cons
Red tape that takes time to get things done
Really good benefits and excellent work culture. Wasn’t much room for flexibility in your schedule and as far as family emergencies went forget about them being empathetic to your needs for time off.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Management in my department was very cliquish. If you were not part of a group of friends, you were not going to get anywhere. Awesome culture. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Travel and relationships formed.
Cons
Extremely unhelpful leadership. Everyone out for themselves.
My position as a Cargo Agent at Southwest Airlines is pretty simple. We are only working if someone comes in to ship cargo on our flights. We have a lot of down time, which I use to study for school. It's a great environment as my fellow employees have been working there for over 25 years.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
Worked for SWA for 12 years. Great company to work for. Benefits are great. Health Insurance, 401K, profit sharing, and so much more. Flexible schedule where you can trade off shifts or pick up shifts for more hours.
Be ready to work your behind off and not be appreciated for any of the work if it doesn't directly lead to your manager receiving their "performance" bonus....managers make $$$ off employees who break their backs for crumbs.
Pros
Occasional (yearly) paid lunch (pizza)
Cons
No breaks, hard labor, unfriendly and demanding management.
I enjoyed working for SWA. U had great benefits and the flexibility was incredible. The managers where people I can trust and help me through difficult calls.
The culture is amazing. I really enjoyed going to work. The hours are long in a call center but if thats what you enjoy then you won’t have any problem at all. You are valued and appreciated when you work for SWA.
This is the best job and company I've every worked for. Great benefits and very flexible schedule. Everyone there wants you to succeed. Training was serious business and thorough.
Pros
Flexible schedule and annual raise
Cons
Not home every night
They take care of us. Flexible and amazing benefits and pay. Great coworkers and nearly everyone is genuinely happy. I look forward to work and love managing my own schedule.
  1. Employee Reviews