Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Coordinator
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Poor Team environment - lack of collaboration and cohesion on the Team. Poor attitudes towards each other and lack of trust
Leaders play favoritism
Lack of training when new to the job
herb created a great company
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2018
work hard and treat people like I want to be treated wonderful retirement plans and love to travel and explore different cultures and lifestyles. many options
Fun Place to work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
While employed at Southwest Airlines the company showed great appreciation to its employee's. Im grateful for the opportunity that they have granted me. I left the company as a ramp agent with an internet to return as an airline pilot.
Pros
Fun free energetic company
Cons
short breaks
Very Great Job
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2018
Southwest Airlines was the perfect job for me Wish I Stayed Would Love to Work for them again one day They Had great benefits and awesome Flexibility. it is a Job that puts together great teams and the people there become Family.
Pros
Great Benifits
Its Google of Dallas
Senior QA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I loved my job at Contract. It was a short term contract so I had to leave.

Location and workculture.
Agile methodology was followed. My manager was really nice.
Pros
Discounts and workculture.
What a great Company
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2018
I had wanted to work for Southwest Airlines as soon as they started service in St. Louis. I wanted to start and work my way up. Happily, I was able to. My final job was as a Marketing Manager. I served as a corporate travel contact and general brand ambassador for the Southwest Airlines brand. It was a very fun job!
Decent Work Place Great Benefits
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2018
Low pay in the beginning, rewarded for effort, flight benefits are awesome. Union regulated so some employees take advantage of union benefits to work less/not as hard.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Source of Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Trouble shooting system
Assisting internal Customers on issues with company system
Received many commendations to the CEO office
Overall bi-annual review was outstanding
Team Player
Great work place
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Amazing work place if you're an employee. Contractors have to pay for everything and get no benefits. The requirements you get are very well laid out and you get to speciliaze in one product.
Life of a Ramp agent
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2018
you wake up in the morning to the wonderful smell of airplane fumes make your self a cup of coffee and get right to work well you might work for maybe the first hour of your shift depends on what your doing for that shift.

the job isn't hard they pretty much teach you how to do everything and if you dont know you can just ask your wonderful co workers and they'll be sure to let you know how to use certain equipment.

the coworkers were friendly very easy to talk too about anything any topic possible.

the hardest part of the job is i can say working in the winter because you'll face a lot of challenges during that time all i can say is just make sure you dress properly to weather conditions

the most enjoyable part was being able to just work around the planes because i love planes so it was really cool working around them
Pros
downtime
Cons
union reps
great
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Great place to work. Free flight benefits provided . Training is very good and complete. Lots of locations to work at and numerous positions available.
Excellent Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR - GROUND OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2018
Not only are the benefits and environment top-notch, but Southwest goes out of their way to cultivate a working environment that is both fun and productive.
Technology department constantly changing
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Priority changes constantly
Team members are moved involuntarily to new projects
Limited knowledge base
Organizational changes limit ability to develop relationships with leaders
Pros
airline
Cons
Management is inflexible
Productive Fun work place of employment
Sr Central Ticketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2018
One of the reasons that I love SWA is because they never lay off. Unfortunately my department is dissolving and I and searching for employment internal and external. But truly LOVE Southwest and don't want to leave.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
hard to get into the compamy
Fabulous fun living culture and team
Customer SERVICE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I will be eternally grateful for the skills,culture,acknowledgment ,training and culture this wonderful company provided me. They treat their employees wonderful and in return we turn out positivley outrageous customer sevice. I was married, divorced,raised a child as a single parent,put him through collage alone and Southwest gfave ne the potential and flexibility to do so.
Pros
Flexibility, compensation wages, insurance, 401k matches, profit sharing
Cons
Mandatory overtime for weeks in a row at busy times, then growing so fast, the intimate feeling started changing
Productive and fun working place
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 13, 2018
Will do it all over again very loving people and always care about employee and takes everyone seriou and co-worker are just like family so it like going from your family to extended family everyday of work
Excellent airline to grow with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Southwest Airlines is one of our top carriers here in Orlando and systemwide.

It is an EMPLOYEE FIRST company in which the company takes care of it employees first which in turn the employees take care of the customers with top notch service

A great company to grown with
Great atmosphere
Payroll Associate I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Only thing I did not like was that the payroll department worked every weekend and had days off during the week. doesn't work if you have children, in my opinion.
Great Place to work
Career Options
Travel Benefits
Encouraged to Learn other fields
Good Job
Customer Service Representative Call Center (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2018
Southwest Airlines is a great place to work, health benefits and salaries could be a lot better. There's room for advancement but its a slow process. They also Micro manage your time. They have lots of activities to participate in and that's great. The hardest part of the job is the Mandatory overtime, If you don't do it when required you could lose your job
Pros
Helping the customers
Cons
Starting Salary and the Health Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight