Southwest Bancorp Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Looking for an Entry Level Banking Job?
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 7, 2018
Okay. So this is my first banking job. I've been with the company a little over a year now. Within the year I've learned a lot about banking and have enjoyed what I do and going to work everyday. My direct manager is caring and supportive. My coworkers are all about teamwork. We're like a family at our branch. The only thing that absolutely sucks about Bank SNB is the pay and not a lot of room for advancement, but you do learn a lot. The hours are great, the benefits are wonderful, but the pay is not great. I mean when I started I was around $10.70 an hour. I am now making apprx. $12.30 an hour - FOR A FULL TIME POSITION. That's not a lot to make ends meet. BUT! If money is not a huge thing for you and you just want to love what you do and where you work then go work for Bank SNB. Also. For an ENTRY banking job, you can't go wrong here at Bank SNB.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good home/work balance, Atmosphere is great
Cons
Salary/Pay, Not a lot of room for advancement
Worked in Remittance Services
Remittance Services (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 15, 2018
Worked with a great team of employees. My boss was a sweet person. Not much room for advancement. Hourly pay could of been better. Really no room for pay raise.
Good
CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 8, 2018
Was a great place to work for! The employees are like one big family! My department was not retained in the merger with Simmons Bank so I can not comment on how things will be.
Poorly Run Bank
Commercial Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 22, 2018
Bank had issues with the financial crisis, was behind on technology, and had a toxic view of customer service. Also, sales tactics were shady at best.
Good company
Underwriter - Vice President (Former Employee) –  5950 Berkshire LaneFebruary 23, 2018
I learned how to underwrite hospitals, assisted living centers, skilled nursing centers as well as acquisitions of dental practices and accounting firms.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2017
Typical workday, arrive at 8:30 and began duties for the CBO. I've learned through out my banking career the operations side, the retail and commercial side and the exec assistant side. All management was extremely supportive of helping me to learn several duties and positions in the banking profession.
Pros
lunch was when I was available to go, no set time
Not a god place to work, the training is basically nonexistent.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 18, 2017
Never ever have an excuse for anything, no matter what! They don't care what's happening in your life. Make sure you have your manager repeat what ever the said a second time and write it down. Because most likely you will lose out in the end, their word against your's. Never speak unless you are spoken to, because you aren't in their group of "chosen people". Just make sure you watch your back every day and every step of the way. The customers were a great part of the job. The job on the whole was very boring, not enough busines, or training to keep busy through out the day.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Employees that were extremely rude
Good place to work although bank was just acquired by another bank
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 5, 2017
People are friendly; small bank and personable. Job not as challenging as preferred but more opportunities are given the longer you are with the bank.
Pros
Decent benefits for a small bank
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2016
Senior management very ineffective. Not a team atmosphere. Favoritism. Management very disrespectful. Company condones discrimatory practices and fosters a very unprofessional atmosphere. Bullying is a common practice.
Pros
Cons
See above
Do not work for this company
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 15, 2016
I would think long and hard before working for this company. They're reducing staff to the point that each employee does the work of three people. It's nearly impossible to collaborate because everyone is too overloaded to work with you on projects. This was my first taste of the demanding, manical CEO, always criticizing but never offering praise. Unrealistic deadlines. The upper management has mediocre talent but fancy titles. There's not a warm company culture. It's dog eat dog. Keep looking for something better to come along.
High pressure and stressful. Employees not appreciated.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 23, 2016
High pressure and stressful place to work. Management does not care about the employees only the bottom line. Certainly not the bank it once was for employees or customers.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Stressful and high pressure.
Family atmosphere
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Bank SNB. It is a wonderful place to work and has a sense of family. The enjoy promoting from within and will do so as much as possible.
It was ok to place to work
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 31, 2016
It was a ok place to work. They train a employee every well, and give you more training if needed, if they see that if you are struggling.
Decent bank with little room for advancent
AVP (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2016
This bank concentrates almost 99% on commercial banking. The footprint is spread out to 4 states with multiple layers of management. Daily struggles with systems and technical issues. Turnover is high.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Llittle room for advancement
Good People; Upper Management Does Not Appreciate Staff
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 8, 2016
This company has had its ups and downs. Full time employees get good benefits, but they could be better. Spouses are only offered health coverage if they are not covered by their employer, but the health plans are not too expensive. Starting salary is good, but pay raises are very small and many people leave because of dissatisfaction with pay. This is a good bank to work at to get experience, but may not be the best place to build your career as advancement can be challenging. I have seen several people, myself included, be given additional responsibilities/ promotions without receiving pay increases. There are a lot of good caring people that work for this company, but there have also been a lot of unexplained terminations. Some of those terminations were for higher level employees who had worked for the bank for many years which is unsettling and makes you question your own value to the company.
Pros
Good Benefits, Decent Pay
Cons
Little Room for Growth, Job Security
not a good place to work if you want to advance
armed security guard (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 19, 2016
they were a decent place place to work they could take better care of their employes instead of worring about trying to buy out all the competion every time they bought a new bank we lost benefits and workers untill they had a skeleton crew doing everything
Meh
Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2016
They are a smaller company so the pay isn't great. Almost everyone is a joy to work with. The company has been subject to a lot of changes.
It was fun & happy atmosphere to work in
Prior Operations officer supervising Bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 29, 2014
I worked with a great group of people. Loved working with customers on daily basis. There was a lot of multi-tasking. I understand about Corporate restructure being all about the bottom line.
Financial Service/Teller II (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 13, 2014
assisting customers, answering phones and regular banking. Dont want to write a review on this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Bancorp Inc. Our community is ready to answer.