Southwest Behavioral Health Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Behavioral Heath Tech. II (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 15, 2018
As a BHT, you'll provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in an inpatient setting. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Work with significant others and integrate them in the treatment plan where appropriate. Supervise and monitor clients while in the Crisis Recovery Unit. Check vital signs as needed. Provide assessments of clients in crisis and assist in setting/reaching attainable goals. Assist in meal preparation as needed. Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities. Provide input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning. Provide information to clients on behavioral health issues, and make appropriate referrals to SBH programs and/or other appropriate community agencies as needed. Coordinate client discharge with client’s treatment team, partnering with outside treatment teams where appropriate. Will assist in training interns, volunteers or new hires. Utilize verbal and behavioral defusing and de-escalation techniques. Must participate and be able to physically apply restraint techniques to aggressive clients with team assistance. Must be able to withstand a high level of day-to-day stress in an acute care setting.
Pros
shift work
Cons
shift work
Horrible place to work
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 8, 2018
THEY SUCK I didn’t like working there at all. They do not know how to treat stuff or clients. They need retraining. Most of the stuff members really DON’T HAVE A CLUE how they are coming off as rude to clients there
Think before you apply
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Payson,AZJuly 25, 2018
I was thrown into fire as a Case Manager with 60 clients with limited training. I'm not really sure which Agency was the worst to work for SWBHS or CBI.I was never given the opportunity to Facilitate Groups.I feel that I would better suited as a CBHT/CPSS,instead of a Case Manager.I was learning the Position by way of Relias and OJT. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. I thought the Supervisors were great. The Pay was ok, but I overwhelmed by 120 Clients when I had to resign my position as a Case Manager.I enjoy helping other people that have suffered in life like me.

SWBHS's major problems are low pay, limited training for most positions( I was thrown into fire as a Case Manager with 60 clients and 120 when I leave with limited training.) unrealized client loads.Poor Services for Clients at Empowerment Center,I wish that I could of slept, played dice and cards, colored pictures when I was in treatment.
Pros
Enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and clients.
Cons
low pay, limited training for most positions
productive and fun
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZJuly 11, 2018
they days could be stressful and quick paced but the team i worked with on any shift was incredible so i never felt overly stressed and we got everything accomplished and we had a great time and always a lot of laughter with staff and pts
Wonderful place to work with wonderful people
Executive Assistant/Staff Liaison Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
SB&H is a wonderful place to work with wonderful people. This company is doing great things for our community and the employees are proud to be a part of it.
Fun and fast paced!
ACT Team Substance Abuse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
I loved working here and would go back to work for them if I had the chance!!! If they had a southwest behavioral health in the state I'm living in now I would be working there!
My job at Southwest Behavioral Health
Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  May, OKJune 22, 2018
I love working here, I just need to make more money to take care of my family. I am looking for something that can provide for myself and my family and live comfortably.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Hard work
good
BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2018
Southwest Behavioral Health is a very good place to work, i love
them because it place you will work and learn much about the job,
but they need to work on the management rules that is not constant
Great Services
Recruiter/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
SBH is a great company with a great mission and very passionate employees. They provide various levels of services to the mentally ill community and also has great outreach programs
Pros
Committed Team
Cons
Micro Management
Tough job but I loved it
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2018
tough job but i loved it. Great folks to work with and i loved the training i got. Not the best if you've got kids at home or other responsibilities. Enjoy.
Great Place to Work
SSW AND MSW INTERN (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTMarch 14, 2018
I have loved working at SBHC. The youth floor is an amazing place, supportive, collaborative, and positive. Lots of training, group supervision, and a team approach to treatment plans for clients. Even though the pay is a little lower than private sector jobs, excellent benefits and retirement plan.
Benefits
Cons
Lower wages
Horrible place to work.
BHT (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZMarch 10, 2018
This is by far the worst company I've ever worked for. My managers we're very incompetent and our facility was completely understaffed. The pay is low and the expectations are high. Do yourself a favor... If you're thinking of working for this company, DON'T!
Pros
Amazing clients.
Cons
Horrible management.
terrible pay, high case load, minimal opportunity for advancement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 7, 2018
Management is terrible! They do not care about their employees and only care about the bottom line. No raises and unrealistic case loads. They take advantage of hard workers who care about their clients.
Pros
peers
Cons
management, case loads, no pay
(Generally) Great Place to Work
Certified Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2018
Work experience varies wildly depending on which site you work at, but most of the management and coworkers are excellent people and the company's training initiatives are fantastic.
good place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2018
good place to work. solid benefits and hours, relaxed and friendly staff, patients are a bit rough but thats how mental healthcare goes. shifts are typically 8 hours 5 days a week. full benefits, no part time work available
Lack of team work
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 30, 2018
I place I found very hard to work for due to the lack of team work associated with the organization. When I worked there were minimal in management making it hard for everyone.
Great non-profit company.
Coordinator of Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
Fun atmosphere, collaborative leadership and technicians, much room for advancement, but not comparable to private companies, which is a downfall if you compare to COLA and other financial needs. Benefits offset compensation slightly.
Pros
PTO accrual overtime, comprehensive benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
pay
Good Company
BHT (Former Employee) –  AZJanuary 20, 2018
Good company with good benefits, but at the time of employment, pay was not appropriate. Would consider working there again if pay was more reasonable
Great Place to Work
Billing/Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2018
As big as the company was it was like family eventhough I was there only a short time. Great work environment. My team was amazing. My supervisor was a great trainer she took the time to teach me how to use the billing system.
Good Place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Any place that is helping people when they are in dire need no matter what that need is , is a good place to be involved with no matter what capacity. SWB was that kind of place. I appreciated everything they taught me and allowed me to do.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
would love to have been a full time employee but could not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Behavioral Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.