Southwest General Health Center Employee Reviews

Very poor place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 22, 2018
Very clicky place to work and to many bullies you can't go to work just to work you will hear about everything everyone has done wrong or how the staff can't stand someone. They will black ball you right out the door managment will not step into stop it. They hire people base on who they know in the lab department and if you receive a text or phone call wanting you to come to work and you say no the phlebotomy supervisor will take hours away from you and you will be lucky to get two days a weeks good phlebotomist will leave within a month because they refuse to work in a zoo like environment I know everyone needs a job but If you can stay away for this place you would be better off but if you get hired here you will see how clicky this place is you will see girls not want to do the work and will push everything off on everyone else and if you watch you will see them try and set up other phlebotomist to get them in to trouble I'm so thankful I got out when I did. Run just run
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Poor management poor coworker's very very clicky and too many bullies
Wonderful place to work
Registration clerk (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I love working for southwest and meeting new faces.The Doctors and Nurses was wonderful to work with..Everyone worked as a team player we all pulled together at the bad time and good time
Nice place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Nice place to work. Good benefits, flexible scheduling. Opportunity for advancement and tuition reimbursement. Opportunity to participate in 403B, gym membership, wellness programs.
good place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 26, 2018
Loved Southwest. I would still be there if i had not moved out of state. Beautiful facility. Nice community hospital. Very fast paced in the ED but great staff.
good palce to work
Telemetry/Step down Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 18, 2018
I work in the floor where everyone is very helpful, very nice co-worker and good environment to work, clean, have all the materials and supply we need for out job. Overall, Southwest General is a good place to work.
Pros
nice environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
No one will cover breaks especially at nights shift.
Great enviornment including employees and equiptment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 20, 2018
This hospital truly cares about its' employees, their families, and of course the utmost important piece focused on is the patients and their relatives.
Also, this hospital has great comprehensive packages and perks for their volunteers as well.
Pros
Healthy cafeteria offerings
Cons
Types of uniforms offered
enjoyed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 23, 2018
Enjoyed working at this hospital. It gave me my most experience as a LPN and then an RN. For the most part the staff is friendly and willing to assist their co-workers
Excellent workplace with supportive leadership.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHMarch 22, 2018
5 star, If I could move the healthcare center to California I would. The autonomy to work as an adult and care for patients was exceptional, educational opportunities were always available. Collaborative staff. Love it!
Pros
Schedule, peers, management
Cons
Cold weather
Nice location to work if you live on west or southwest side of Cleveland. Not many opportunities for advancement.
Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2018
Limited diversity and no training on that topic. Opinions or suggestions are often dismissed or then later become someone else's idea. There are some management individuals who lie about their accomplishments in our goal setting process.
Fun place to work
Administrative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 7, 2018
Friendly employees. Pleasant place to work. Provided with employee lockers and scrubs. Open communication and understanding manager. Loved my job and going to work here.

Want to know more about Southwest General Health Center?

Ask a question
High stress horrible management
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2018
I was far to stressed out when i worked there and I did not work in the medical field, i worked in admin. The culture there is blame blame blame and if you aren't a doctor your opinion is worthless. I had panic attacks on my way to work!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
horrible management
Production and good company to work for.
MRI Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 26, 2018
Southwest General is a great company to work for with a lot of benefits and offerings. My position is only half time, and unfortunately I need a full time position.
Pros
Cafeteria with payroll deduction, subway inside of the hospital, gift shop
Cons
Healthcare can be difficult to get into an office, pay could be better
Good employer
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 31, 2018
Good opportunity to work in a top notch hospital. The hospital has great opportunity for orthopedics, stroke, and cardiac care. Full services with inpt, acute rehab and outpt services.
A community hospital with all the technology and skill sets of a big city hospital
Clinical Manager, Maternity Unit (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHNovember 16, 2017
Southwest is a community hospital where patients are treated like friends and family. The hospital is a close knit group of professionals who interact with each other closely, from the highest positions in the hospital down to the lowest.
Pros
small, community-feel
Great opportunity to learn
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130October 20, 2017
I worked here while attending nursing school and I learned so much. They are more than willing to work around your school schedule and when you graduate you will most likely have a job waiting for you.
Pros
hours, staff, management
Cons
parking
fast paced and challenging
Forms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Southwest is like working with family.
I work with so many wonderful people. The CEO makes it a point to be involved with all the workers.
Nice Community Hospital located in a nice area.
Supervisor Customer Service and Follow-Up (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHSeptember 2, 2017
I truly enjoyed my years at work at Southwest General Health Center. The staff was great to work with. I enjoyed being able to help patient's understand and pay their bills. I also enjoyed the challenges of obtaining reimbusement from the insurance carriers.
Pros
Nice working environment. Close to home
Cons
Job being outsourced to another company.
Day to day
Staff Cardiac Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 15, 2017
It is a relaxed environment but pay not that competitive.
Great for gaining experience as a new graduate. Have an opportunity to learn and become competent in adult and pediatric echo.
dietary
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130July 24, 2017
working at the hospital was a good experience. There was really nothing hard to do at all, i just had to figure out how to find my way around the building. The most enjoying part of the is i get to see new patients everyday and its good to hear them talk.
An overall good place to work for
Cat scan tech aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 23, 2017
I have been at Southwest since 2015 when I was a student in x-ray school and I have had a pretty good experience here. Everyone is very nice and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest General Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight