Southwest General Health Center Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Registration clerk (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I love working for southwest and meeting new faces.The Doctors and Nurses was wonderful to work with..Everyone worked as a team player we all pulled together at the bad time and good time
Nice place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Nice place to work. Good benefits, flexible scheduling. Opportunity for advancement and tuition reimbursement. Opportunity to participate in 403B, gym membership, wellness programs.
good palce to work
Telemetry/Step down Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 18, 2018
I work in the floor where everyone is very helpful, very nice co-worker and good environment to work, clean, have all the materials and supply we need for out job. Overall, Southwest General is a good place to work.
Pros
nice environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
No one will cover breaks especially at nights shift.
Great enviornment including employees and equiptment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 20, 2018
This hospital truly cares about its' employees, their families, and of course the utmost important piece focused on is the patients and their relatives.
Also, this hospital has great comprehensive packages and perks for their volunteers as well.
Pros
Healthy cafeteria offerings
Cons
Types of uniforms offered
enjoyed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 23, 2018
Enjoyed working at this hospital. It gave me my most experience as a LPN and then an RN. For the most part the staff is friendly and willing to assist their co-workers
Excellent workplace with supportive leadership.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHMarch 22, 2018
5 star, If I could move the healthcare center to California I would. The autonomy to work as an adult and care for patients was exceptional, educational opportunities were always available. Collaborative staff. Love it!
Pros
Schedule, peers, management
Cons
Cold weather
Nice location to work if you live on west or southwest side of Cleveland. Not many opportunities for advancement.
Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2018
Limited diversity and no training on that topic. Opinions or suggestions are often dismissed or then later become someone else's idea. There are some management individuals who lie about their accomplishments in our goal setting process.
Fun place to work
Administrative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 7, 2018
Friendly employees. Pleasant place to work. Provided with employee lockers and scrubs. Open communication and understanding manager. Loved my job and going to work here.
High stress horrible management
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2018
I was far to stressed out when i worked there and I did not work in the medical field, i worked in admin. The culture there is blame blame blame and if you aren't a doctor your opinion is worthless. I had panic attacks on my way to work!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
horrible management
Production and good company to work for.
MRI Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 26, 2018
Southwest General is a great company to work for with a lot of benefits and offerings. My position is only half time, and unfortunately I need a full time position.
Pros
Cafeteria with payroll deduction, subway inside of the hospital, gift shop
Cons
Healthcare can be difficult to get into an office, pay could be better
Good employer
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 31, 2018
Good opportunity to work in a top notch hospital. The hospital has great opportunity for orthopedics, stroke, and cardiac care. Full services with inpt, acute rehab and outpt services.
A community hospital with all the technology and skill sets of a big city hospital
Clinical Manager, Maternity Unit (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHNovember 16, 2017
Southwest is a community hospital where patients are treated like friends and family. The hospital is a close knit group of professionals who interact with each other closely, from the highest positions in the hospital down to the lowest.
Pros
small, community-feel
Great opportunity to learn
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130October 20, 2017
I worked here while attending nursing school and I learned so much. They are more than willing to work around your school schedule and when you graduate you will most likely have a job waiting for you.
Pros
hours, staff, management
Cons
parking
fast paced and challenging
Forms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Southwest is like working with family.
I work with so many wonderful people. The CEO makes it a point to be involved with all the workers.
Nice Community Hospital located in a nice area.
Supervisor Customer Service and Follow-Up (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHSeptember 2, 2017
I truly enjoyed my years at work at Southwest General Health Center. The staff was great to work with. I enjoyed being able to help patient's understand and pay their bills. I also enjoyed the challenges of obtaining reimbusement from the insurance carriers.
Pros
Nice working environment. Close to home
Cons
Job being outsourced to another company.
Day to day
Staff Cardiac Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 15, 2017
It is a relaxed environment but pay not that competitive.
Great for gaining experience as a new graduate. Have an opportunity to learn and become competent in adult and pediatric echo.
dietary
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130July 24, 2017
working at the hospital was a good experience. There was really nothing hard to do at all, i just had to figure out how to find my way around the building. The most enjoying part of the is i get to see new patients everyday and its good to hear them talk.
An overall good place to work for
Cat scan tech aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 23, 2017
I have been at Southwest since 2015 when I was a student in x-ray school and I have had a pretty good experience here. Everyone is very nice and helpful.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 11, 2017
We have a culture that is patient-focused not just nursing-task focused. Our goal is to get the pre-surgical patient mentally and physically prepared for surgery to afford the very best patient outcome possible. Challenges include language barriers, and mental and physical handicaps among a host of others including serving a pre-surgical patient population that does not have their testing in our department. Each day is different. I have come to expect the unexpected. Challenges in patient care are just a normal part of nursing. Sometimes the hardest part of the job for me is trying to teach over the phone but it can also be the most enjoyable as patient's really seem to appreciate it. I am always trying to find creative ways to get education to this patient population. I really enjoy what I do.
Pros
Good schedule. Opportunites for autonomy in our job roles.
Cons
Vacation and sick time benefits should be increased, the 403b benefit matching is not paid til the end of the year instead of with each paycheck, there is not enough education reimbursement.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 28, 2017
I absolutely love my job. This is the first Hospital that I have worked at that actually cares about their employees. I have a great group of coworkers, management is always there when you need them. The doctors are awesome and so down to earth. Raises are given. I love it here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest General Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight