Southwest General Health Center Management reviews

Very poor place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 22, 2018
Very clicky place to work and to many bullies you can't go to work just to work you will hear about everything everyone has done wrong or how the staff can't stand someone. They will black ball you right out the door managment will not step into stop it. They hire people base on who they know in the lab department and if you receive a text or phone call wanting you to come to work and you say no the phlebotomy supervisor will take hours away from you and you will be lucky to get two days a weeks good phlebotomist will leave within a month because they refuse to work in a zoo like environment I know everyone needs a job but If you can stay away for this place you would be better off but if you get hired here you will see how clicky this place is you will see girls not want to do the work and will push everything off on everyone else and if you watch you will see them try and set up other phlebotomist to get them in to trouble I'm so thankful I got out when I did. Run just run
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Poor management poor coworker's very very clicky and too many bullies
Excellent workplace with supportive leadership.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHMarch 22, 2018
5 star, If I could move the healthcare center to California I would. The autonomy to work as an adult and care for patients was exceptional, educational opportunities were always available. Collaborative staff. Love it!
Pros
Schedule, peers, management
Cons
Cold weather
Nice location to work if you live on west or southwest side of Cleveland. Not many opportunities for advancement.
Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2018
Limited diversity and no training on that topic. Opinions or suggestions are often dismissed or then later become someone else's idea. There are some management individuals who lie about their accomplishments in our goal setting process.
High stress horrible management
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2018
I was far to stressed out when i worked there and I did not work in the medical field, i worked in admin. The culture there is blame blame blame and if you aren't a doctor your opinion is worthless. I had panic attacks on my way to work!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
horrible management
Great opportunity to learn
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130October 20, 2017
I worked here while attending nursing school and I learned so much. They are more than willing to work around your school schedule and when you graduate you will most likely have a job waiting for you.
Pros
hours, staff, management
Cons
parking
fast paced and challenging
Forms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Southwest is like working with family.
I work with so many wonderful people. The CEO makes it a point to be involved with all the workers.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 28, 2017
I absolutely love my job. This is the first Hospital that I have worked at that actually cares about their employees. I have a great group of coworkers, management is always there when you need them. The doctors are awesome and so down to earth. Raises are given. I love it here.
Pass on this place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 6, 2017
Management changes the rules constantly. You are micromanaged. They call you in no problem and work you to death when it's busy but when it's slow you have to go home (quickly) or stay home and take your accrued PTO/vacation time if you want to get paid your hours. For a staff nurse and NOT an on-call position, if census is low they will call you off an hour before your scheduled shift but can call you back anytime (like 15 minutes after they call you off). Then they may send you home 2 hours later if it's slow. Then call you back if it gets busy. So cheap, terrible benefits, no regard for staff satisfaction or morale. Critical patients are interesting and challenging but they are anywhere so I'd recommend you go somewhere that values your time and hard work. Coworkers and physicians are mostly pretty nice, though.
Pros
Nice coworkers, free parking
Cons
Management making a stressful job intolerable, weak nursing leadership who won't put a stop to the nonsense.
Love the job, not the management
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 10, 2017
Love the job, not the management, We all work very hard but the management doesn't care about their employees. The supervisor the techs have now doesn't care about his employees.
Fun workplace. Management cares about their employees. Multiple resources available to employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Great co-workers, fun workplace, management cares about their staff. Multiple resources and incentives for employees. Friendly environment. Continuing education available to employees for free.
Fast paced growing organization with potential for growth.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJune 17, 2016
Although it's been almost ten years since I have worked for the organization, it was a very nice place to work. Growing rapidly. Opportunity for growth and personal development.
Pros
Excellent comensation with opportunity for growth.
Cons
Frequent turn over of Executive Team.
Left due to down sizing of organization
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 30, 2015
New CEO on board and positions/departments downsized
A lot of seasoned staff were let go in monthly increments
Not hearing a lot of positive comments of of date
horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 26, 2014
If I could give this place a negative I would. Worked here for 9 years. Management and HR are unprofessional and unethical. They care only about patient surveys not patient care. The work environment is like grade school with cliques (this goes all the way up to the bosses). I would not recommend working there and if you do I would recommend leaving (because they will lay you off or fire you). Also no raises or chances for advancement! There is no flexibility with scheduling unless you are a favorite.
Pros
Cons
Frequently no breaks, have to find your own coverage for vacations
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 17, 2014
I love my job, my co-workers, and the environment. I have a wealth of knowledge working with phenomenal therapists with specialties across the board. Typically I treat 10 plus patients a day. Management has been more than willing to work with my schedule with my family's adjusting needs. I enjoy seeing my patients build strength, balance, and overall confidence in their own abilities. The most difficult part of my job is feeling as though I can't help everyone! Unfortunately with the struggling economy I am in need of more hours and raises which cannot be provided for me at this time. I hopefully will maintain my long term career with SWG but at this time need to increase my earnings.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
Decreased regularity of raises
More interested in contracted surveys than patients
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Hts.January 12, 2014
Benefit packages are limited and expensive. Management cares more about surveys from outside contractors than patient care. Laying off long term employees and asking employees to make contributions to their multi million dollar expansions happens frequently and is never made public.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, expensive cafteria
Coding Internship (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Hts., OHApril 16, 2012
The Southwest General Health Center was my internship site. This place was very good for my internship experience. I was able to reinforce the important tasks that I have learned in school. Management and workers did excellent job in preparing me for employment opportunities. The most enjoyable part was when I did my job perfect without additional help from staff. The hardest part was to remember all the names of many employees that I was introduced to.
Pros
exallent customer service
SW General
Position- Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OhioApril 8, 2012
Good place to work. Love the stmosphere, co-workers, and management. Compensation and benefits could be better.
does not care about employees
xray (Former Employee) –  Middleburg HtsMarch 8, 2012
The management does not care about employees. A lot of layoffs, then the jobs are renamed, and rehired. No compassion. No perks, Benefits are less than desireable.
Cons
make you pay extra for benefits if not perfect