Southwest Key Programs Employee Reviews

great place to work
LEAD MEDICAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Clint, TXJuly 10, 2018
overall I love my job the only thing its lacking is I'm salary so I don't get OT and I could make more money somewhere else, the schedule is wonderful and its an easy job.
It's good if you catch on fast!
Family Functional Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dawson, GAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for Southwest Key because we had several trainings and in my position, you could make your own schedule. After being with the company four months, I obtained a new Supervisor that talked to me as if I was her child and when I told her Supervisor about her actions, she became upset and pursued to get rid of me!
Pros
Lots of Trainings
Cons
Competive
It's Ok for your first job.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Goshen, NYJuly 2, 2018
The best part about this job is the great coworkers, other than that the work is repetitive, paperwork is above everything else.
The mission is great but almost impossible to make any improvements in the children lives. Not given enough resources but they expect miracles to be made with what little resources are provided. The families can be ungrateful as well.
Pros
company cellphone, fun summer trips, caring supervisor
Cons
Low pay, no life/work balance
over all
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
A great mission that speaks, yet with true believers of the mission will over come all adversity. The children are the future. Generation upon Generation season upon season , they are the future. feed my sheep, for they are precious little lambs. In today leads to the slaughter. whether crossing the boarder or just at schools even homes are compromised.
Pros
great place to work and grow, yet
Cons
co-workers that do not adhere to s.o.p. can be a bit channeling for ours who do abide by the rules.
Working for SWK
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 29, 2018
Working for SWK is very demanding but is also very rewarding. The opportunity to impact minors that are need of assistance and see them blossom is a reward in itself.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, promoting from within
Cons
Long hours, high demand
Kid jails
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
It is hard to go to work every day and see what is happening to these poor children. They say they get counseling but not really. These young children are being traumatized. Many with dirty diapers that go unchanged, many are sick.
Pros
there is air conditioning
Cons
Inhumane treatment of children
Excellent place to share time with kids
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Oracle, AZJune 20, 2018
Provide my time and take care and share with the kids need a big smile and talk and provide safe place to share time give this child education feeling grate to comunication
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 19, 2018
Overall a good place to work. If you put the work in there is room for growth. I have felt supported by most of the management and have recieved great experience working with this agency!
Pros
The families, some of the manangment
Cons
Days can be long
Very busy and provide services to all youth in care
LEAD TEACHER/ TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 16, 2018
The environment is a multi-discipline to provide custody and care to all minors and assure all needed services are put into practice and are documented per state, federal and program policies.
Learning Experience
Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXJune 15, 2018
Scheduled are very crazy and they are not willing to work around a school schedule. Great experience to work with culture diversity. But management uses to much favoritism and very unfair with employees. Certain staff shouldn't even work there due to inappropriate comments to minors and drug and alcohol involvements at work.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Favoritism
For the most part, I enjoyed the people I worked with over the nearly seven years I was employed.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 13, 2018
I think Southwest Key Program as a whole is a great program for what it stands for and its mission towards to the community for which it serves. I think, however, that as much money as the Program makes, it could show a little more appreciation for its employees, especially those who have devoted years of service and been laid off due to no fault of their own.
HORRIBLE Place to work for.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 11, 2018
My experience at southwest Key after 3 years and 6 months working here was an unethical and a bad experience. The company does not value their good employees. Management is horrible with young people without experience in the management field. There is micromanagement involve in everything we do. Unaccompanied children have been treated poorly and some workers and management don't care. ORR is not aware of how the children are being treated. I was let go due to me defending the children on things that I did not agree upon. My heart aches because I truly loved the children and I was not able to say goodbye to them.
Horrible Place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2018
The bad thing about this company is that they have horrible Lead Managers. The place inside is dirty. They have young Lead Managers that they are very immature to run a company like that. Is a company that they do not care of the minors. The government should do an investigation, beacause minors are getting mentally sick.
Great workplace
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85705June 1, 2018
Team work and a fun place to be Employees where able to used their imagination and put their skills to work. People had the opportunity to grow. Hardest part of the job is being outside for long periods of time with the ever changing weather hot, cold, windy, etc. Most enjoyable part of the job interacting with the kids and having fun.
Pros
free meals
Fast-Paced
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2018
This is a fast-paced job with always something to do. A typical day consists of coming to your above-average sized office, check emails, get up to date on what is happening/has happened overnight, then you start looking for your kids to start your counseling sessions. Time management is an essential part of this job as you will need to track various things at once. If you have good management and peers you will likely feel a great deal of support from your team and enjoy your job that much more. This is KEY! Sometimes there is no clear direction in terms of procedures, but you just have to ask around and hope that someone knows. It takes time to get used to the fast-pace, constant work, lack of communication between departments, and no clear direction, but in the end, the work you do is very fulfilling. As a clinician, you get a lot of trust and independence for therapeutic interventions, a lot of training for CEU's, and if you're lucky, clinical supervision. You as regarded as the "expert" for all things behavioral health, so there is a certain respect that you get, which you don't get working in community mental health jobs.
Also, and very important, the kids are the best part of the job and the reason I have loved working here. It has given me the opportunity to explore my clinical skills and learn so much from all of them. They are just amazing! Pay is also very good compared to other clinician jobs in AZ.
Pros
Free lunch, huge personal office, good pay
Cons
lack of direction, unclear procedures, lack of communication with other departments, chaotic at first
Manual operation
Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2018
Very good job opportunity as long as receiving government contracts. Opportunity to learn new skills. Opportunity to advance. Lots of opportunity for training.
Is agood place to work
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2018
I learned about a lot of cultures , a typical day was to give a vocational class, participated in outings and take care of all my responsibilities to finished on time
Pros
lots of trainings
Stressful 3rd shift position
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Youngtown, AZMay 22, 2018
Started an intensive one week training course. In these classes they teach you one thing but when you start working it was nothing like what I was taught. Everybody on my shift only spoke spanish.
Pros
working with children.
Cons
The company
Fun workplace
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 21, 2018
This company is fun, relaxed, and they work as if they were family. Managers are friendly, trainers, mentors train well. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone who is bilingual mostly in English and Spanish.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Enjoyed working with at-risk youth population
Lead Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 21, 2018
I learned the importance of documentation and how to be prepared for any unforeseen issues.

One of the biggest rewards was assisting the young participants with their re-integration into society once they had successfully completed our program.

The hardest part was witnessing a troubled youth reject our help and then having them return at a later date for having violated his probation.
Pros
Lunch was provided for us by the facility.
Cons
Not enough time for documentation and file management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Key Programs. Our community is ready to answer.