Southwest Key Programs
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Southwest Key Programs Employee Reviews

I love the job and there were great perks, bit stressful and lack of appreciation weighs on you. I would like to work for them again in the future but i do also need a break from them
Pros
Office setting, competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful, lack of appreciation
It’s great to know that you can become someone these children look up to and look forward to see on a daily basis. Most of my co workers and my SL would make my shift great to work. We became a family and helped each other with tasks. The bad part of working for this company would be management. Anyone over an SL (management) didn’t care about issues or complaints that YCW would have. YCW aren’t appreciated and are basically the ones that do everything.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Management, favoritism, frequent lay offs
Very Hectic, high stress, long hours. Management lacks skills and does not recognize hard workers.When funding or numbers you are let go. Employees are friendly.
Pros
Good Medical Insurance
Cons
No Breaks, No vacation
Working there can be exhausting. Schedule is constantly changing and you have to be available at all times to work different shifts. Benefits and overtime is good. Have a lot of training and meetings. This job is for employees that speak Spanish and english. You don't have too much support from your facilities managers. Shift leaders are great and try to help as much as possible. They understand better than the managers because they see all that we are going through. Managers mainly in their office.
Pros
Overtime. Snacks. Sometimes festivities
Cons
Very short breaks, no talking, not much sitting. Schedules are never accurate and constantly changing.
Buena option laboral, buen ambiente,colaboracion,entrenamientos optimos,buen salario
Pros
Beneficios medicos
Cons
Estress laboral
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Managers are not supportive. They don’t know how to prioritize tasks and put unnecessary pressures on staff. Forget about having vacation time. Your time off needs to be scrutinized by management.
Pros
Benefits package is decent.
Cons
No personal life. Vacation time is at the employer’s discretion.
Uses the cheapest equipment for covid 19. Doesn't take correct actions for taking care of their employees during this pandemic. Makes their own house rules instead of following O.R.R. rules and regulations. Company needs to make and follow guidelines throughout all facilities not make up their own at each home. Do not recommend this unsafe workplace.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Not a bad company to work for...just not very high compensation. It's a non-profit, so that's the norm. Helping kids achieve a better life is something that can make everybody feel good about working here.
Pros
Bring kids to work, family atmosphere, great mission
Cons
Low pay (non-profit)
This job is very rewarding knowing you make a difference. This change from day to day so that can be a little annoying but overall best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Good pay/ time off
Cons
Short breaks
Management's accessibility, direction and motivation always excellent. Always provided guidelines to follow and intensive training. A great place to work.
Pros
Great professional environment.
It’s an awesome rewarding place to work. Worked with them for almost two years I wanna say. I also got the opportunity to work in facility’s in California not just in Youngstown.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
They can and will fire you for no reason they have a clause that you're not aware that you sign that says it's a no cause type of workplace they will use you up and spit you out if you're not making enough money it's a nonprofit organization on paper but it's all about profit did not work here
Pros
Nine
Cons
No breaks
Never a dull moment and always something new to learn. Working with the kids is the best. They humble you and challenge you at the same time. Overall, great experience.
Pros
Humbling experience
Cons
Lay offs when numbers are down
This work was good but I felt I could support more than what I was given. I tried my best but there was no encouragement and minimal training. Workload bases on number of clients.
Pros
Policies & procedures helped everything run like clockwork.i
Cons
No job security.
Don't think of it as permanent gig. Job stability is horrendous and workload can be consuming which is why they pay above average salary. Most kids are great unfortunately some become bratty after seeing no real consequences for their bad behavior. If you need a job and there are no other options Take it. You'll learn a little bit more about the world and how good most of us have it. PS. No overtime lol
Pros
Good starting pay. Mostly good kids
Cons
Layoffs are part of the gig. It's a tradition haha
you learn a lot with the kids and you explore new things as professional that you never think you can do. Learning more about cultures and growth as person.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
My employment experience with SWK was a good one. My supervisor at our location made sure we had everything we needed to succeed, and was always a phone call away should we have questions or concerns. My team worked well together. The pay for being a PT Youth Tracker was alright. I would say it’s a good starter positing for those in or transitioning from college into the working field. It’s also a good position to supplement extra income. I wouldn’t recommend trying to get by on $10 and hour for a primary source of income.The con I have isn’t necessarily solely with SWK. As a tracker, I noticed that many of the youth were repeats through the process. I accepted the position with the mindset of being more of a mentor than a “P.O.” Security guard to the youth. I believe we could have been even more affective, if we were able to implement more mentorship, and alternate choice resource provision for the youth. Many of them I talked with hadn’t even heard of options like taking up a trade as an alternative to not desiring to attend college. Nor had they heard of being able to utilize resources like CGTC to obtain their GED as an option for HS not being a good environment for them. Most of the youth seemed to have a negative “life is what it is” outlook. I just felt that we could’ve been able to brighten a few perspectives, if given the resource connections.
Pros
Great team and supervisor
Cons
Not enough resources for the youth, Our station wasn’t really connected to the organization as a whole.
I never expected to have that much fun at a place like this. Kind of like the show cheers. Everybody knew everyone there was always laughter. Tyical day was doing audits on all products, updating manager on current issues. Taking care of product orders. Delegating to subordinates and solving complaints. If I could have pensioned there I would have never left.
It was good but the workload without a RN was too much. I had to be on call 24/7 all year round except when I took vacation days. It was fun and working with the kids was great.
They half a** everything and do the minimal. Lots of favoritism if you don't join the little clicks they will get rid of you. Don't bother asking or submitting time off requests they go missing.
Work so hard to get you but not to keep you. Disorganized, chaotic atmosphere, changes in operation and procedure without notice. Too busy, no help available.
Pros
Salary decent
Cons
Quick turnaround, don't value or invest in employees