Southwest Microwave Inc

Working at Southwest Microwave Inc: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Overbearing leads

Work was interesting and I felt like I was given plenty of room work on my own but carefully watched by the older employees. Most time constructive critism was respectfully given. Sometimes they go overboard with the blaming. Competition was healthy. Mostly Latinas which meant discipline focus and serious environment but it seemed like everyone was still having a good time.

Pros

The people

Cons

very lil pay

Good employees to work with

Most of the employees are easy to talk to and will help when asked. Good benefits. The company does not provide free coffee. 2 drinking fountains for water.

Southwest Microwave Inc insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

you are not allowed to talk, alot of drama and bullies

If you are white and smoke you are made to feel unwelcome, a lot of Spanish, Asians...People who have been there longer than you bully you and try to push you out the door. Training is poor, then they treat you bad if you haven't learned what skills you need. you work 10 hour days and 6 on Saturday, you never have a life outside of the place.

Pros

very laid back

Cons

A great place to work. A thriving and caring small business with excellent benefits!

Company has 2 divisions (Security and Connectors), about 150 employees, & only one (day) shift, which allows employees to have a family/work balance and a great family-like culture. A large percentage of employees have been with the company for over 20 or even 30 years! You earn 3 weeks off the first year, 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 10 years. You also get matched 401(k), 9 paid holidays and excellent insurance benefits. Overall a great place to work!

Pros

Excellent benefits and a relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Need to update their computer systems

Driven family like company

I loved working for Southwest Microwave Inc. My boss was amazing at giving my the chance to build and grow within my department. To me they weren't just co-workers they were my family, I enjoyed dealing with UPS, FED EX and freight truck drivers on a daily bases.

Pros

Great work envirment, positive and educational

Cons

unable to make more money withgin my department

It was a good place to work.

A typical day at work was busy and productive. I learned about the microwave connector market. Management was typical. Co-workers were good, hard working people. Cannot think of a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work and the challenge.

Pros

Work environment, location and work hours.

Cons

Short lunch break.

strong management

typical work day was plain and simple nothing really challenging. I learned skills that help me even to this day in my current job. Management always had a tight leash on every one. Co-workers were all laid back and easy to deal with.Sometimes there was absolutely no work to work on which made the day drag on. The culture there was so laid back and care free that was the most enjoyable part of this company.

Pros

job security

Cons

no re-hire policy

It's was a ez Job and fun

best thing about this job was travel to customer’s site and setup or modify high security application.

benefits

Cons

poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Microwave Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits