Southwest Service Administrators Employee Reviews

No training for new employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2019
New employees are left to try and navigate there own jobs. When you ask for help from a coworker on a certain subject concerning a call, you are scolded at and told to put them on hold or call them back.
Tolerable
Eligibility Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2018
room for advancement Though the pay is low, their benefits for Health Care is very good I would recommend this job for someone who has additional income or a spouse
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Low pay
Constantly looking over shoulder
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
At SSA I always had a fixed 8:30 to 5. Mandatory 40 hours a week but no opportunity for overtime unless there was training (a rare occurrence).
Training itself is highly fast paced with an overwhelming amount of information needed to be memorized in a short amount of time. All of the policy and procedures regarding how a process works is completely created by the company employees and management has no involvement besides giving the approval for the policy and procedure to be implemented.
If you have any questions management will not be able to help you because they do not know how the operation works. They have to go to their employees to get the answer and then will get back to you. It is also common for managers to "act" like they developed a training or process when really they just assigned their employees a project and the result of that project is presented to the executive team and the company as their own work when really it came from an employee.
As far as advancement with the company... if you are liked you have a greater chance of advancement but you have to make sure you are not "needed". If you are a strong force and great at your job it may take you YEARS to be able to move or you may not be able to move at all.
Now if you are not liked... sadly it is very concerning when simply because you are not liked you have to fear your job security EVEN if you are a union employee. Several employees have been forced to quit or have been fired and were not given the right to have their union representative with them regarding disciplinary action. Mistakes
  more... do happen but do not expect to have any leaders take responsibility. All blame will always be put on the employees. Being thrown under the bus is witnessed quite a bit at SSA and is basically the true culture of SSA.
Many employees are friends or family of the executive team and/or management. Because of this, it is common for these employees to come in when ever they please. They are not required to have a fixed schedule. Also, they have the opportunity to work part-time even though SSA does not offer any part-time positions. Knowing that there are people working among you who are connected to that team makes you constantly feel like you have to look over your shoulder but then again that is the true culture of SSA.
Employees' workload does not match the rate of pay but yet the company is constantly growing and can not give the employees the rate of pay they deserve. This including the poor training factors into the high turnaround rate this company has.
The company slogan is "Service is our middle name!", but clearly that slogan is the complete opposite of how this company is ran.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Please read review
Overall a good Company to work for.
Eligibility and Enrollment CSR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2018
This job was a good job overall. hours of operation were 8:30a-5pm. Downside was there was no overtime opportunities. The health benefits were great but pay not so much. Can also join the union which was great.
Pros
Can flex hours if need be
Cons
pay was not so good
Needs improvement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2018
The company needs better training and documents to reference. Hard work goes unrecognized. Over all, good company to work with. Great benefits. Love my coworkers.
Benefits
Cons
Need more PPL days, More pay
I got to learn a lot in different areas of my job.
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Process medical claims. I did learn a lot in different areas over the years of employment. Management needs work on how to approach employees. Work place is stressful with the system issues in the system. Dealing with the system issues which could make it hard to meet production. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Was able to work with the company for many year.
Cons
Low pay
Fun Work Place
Pension Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at SWA. I met some wonderful people who are lifetime friends. The location was not that great - area was a little scary at times. I had an assigned parking spot which was awesome. They have relocated to a much better and safer neighborhood. Thumbs up.
Pros
Kitchen
Cons
Location - Not the best area. but they have moved to a really nice building in a good area.
Great company to work for!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
Customer Service Rep for 10+ years. Great company, Awesome benefits & teammates!!! Highly recommend company the benefits are great, work environment is awesome!!!
Cons
Union office everyone gets paid bsed on ufcw contract
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
The union is in bed with UFCW and SSA is in bed with the union, the result is a very dysfunctional family. You get pushed into joining the union but they are not there to help. Shop steward has been there 30yrs and will not support the staff.
Pros
Nice Christmas bonus and breakfast
Cons
You can get written up for a small issue the first time.
Company does not care about their emoyeez
Claims / Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 3, 2018
Company not worth my time to comment. But since I have to I would say to stay clear from this company they do not care about their employees needs, family, Etc
Pros
Corporate office is in Az.
Cons
Does not care if your a single parent, Ee's lose a whole day off PPL if you are even 15 min. late, You have to ask if you can make up 15 minutes.
Fast paced call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2018
Answered over 70 calls per day regarding health insurance benefits and the status of healthcare claims from employees, healthcare providers and other insurance companies
Great Work Environment
Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
This is a great office - The workspaces are large so you don't feel cramped- Everyone at the office is friendly and very helpful. If you have a question there's always someone you can ask who will be happy to assist you with your questions.
Awesome Place to Work!
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
I have been with the Company for a little over a year and I absolutely Love my job. I get along with everyone in the office and the Management Team is great. I can appreciate how they accept feedback and try to work with the employees to make it a comfortable environment to work in. The benefits are affordable too. I am definitely her to stay!
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off
Great Company!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
I enjoy coming to work everyday because I'm surrounded by many other people who also love coming to work everyday. I'm encouraged to be productive and an active contributor to the success of the company.
Pros
The CEO has jokes for days! Creating a fun and family oriented culture.
New Employer
Pension Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
Small company with less than 200 employees, great company with a friendly staff, open door management, plenty of available resources to get the job done
Pros
Great management, relaxed working environment, plenty of resources, referral incentives
Cons
Paid Personal leave time not available the first 90 days
Work environment could be better.
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2017
Ok job for a young person. Those with experience or the desire to advance need not apply. The max pay is the same as starting pay in previous companies.
Excellent Benefits
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2017
Working for Southwest Service Admin has been a great experience. My supervisor taught me a lot and my co-workers are awesome people to work with. Overall, good company to work for.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No room to grow
great place to work
Claims area (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJune 7, 2017
claims director was amazing. the culture needs to be looked at as there is favoritism. they need to think outside of the box more, and be more organized, have better training and documents to reference. have more of a team environment
Pros
everything
Cons
management needs to see what would make a positive change instead of ignoring
good atmosphere
Eligibility Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
Nice atmosphere, excellent benefit package, however vacation package not up to date, the compensation was low also more training for advancement was needed.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
No training
Poor Management, Favortism is a factor.r
Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2017
Typical day at work: Given a work sheet of claims to be processed. Work on mailbox inquiries, work on mailing submitted from members and physicians. What work culture?
What work ethics? Worst employer ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Poor management