Southwest Traders Inc
Happiness rating is 46 out of 100

Southwest Traders Inc Employee Reviews in Stockton, CA

Stockton, CA44 reviews

southwestroutedriverworkerwarehousehouremployeeyear

lt was not a pleasant experience for me or many of my fellow coworkers

I learned a lot on my own and gained lots of experience. Company needs to focus more on training for the drivers. The job, physically, is very challenging leading to many injuries. I also noticed a fairly high rate of accidents during my employ. The decent pay was the only reason I remained for two years.

Pros

Decent pay, however, you are overworked.

Cons

Long hours, very little family time allowed

Got to work hard

Got to be strong minded and ready to work must push your self to complete your work just like any other job your will must be strong be ready to tackle your day no matter what gets in your way be positive

Southwest Traders Inc insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Easy work if everyone does there part and shows up to work

I’m am a lead at SWT been working here for about 5yr it’s was a fun and great place to work when I first started we had a full staff and employees that Actually worked and not cry about their job now It’s very stressful seeing all these lazy people standing around on their phone or just chilling outside, Break room, or just walking around doing nothing Management like to cater to the crybabies and give them raises when they try to walk out and the ones that work hard and do their job they like to overwork them and burn them out where they quit i do a 10hr shift every day by myself with no management or supervisors to help me out if someone call out or they don’t have someone to cover a department on the night shift they don’t try to find me help they just expect me to do other people‘s jobs on top of mine and it’s frustrating when it takes them to do their job eight hours when I do my job plus their job all in my one shift and I don’t get appreciate it for nothing they just expect you to do it all over again the next day and the sad part about it is that this job is easy work but the employees Make it hard for everyone cuz they are lazy to do their job Management needs to step it up and put their foot down and stop worrying about just getting a paycheck and going home and making sure everything is finished before that employee clock out for the day we need Employees that work hard and don’t call out if everyone just did there part and show up and work when they are supposed to this job would be the best place to work if you are lazy this is not the job for you so please skip -

Pros

You can Listening to music as you work

Cons

Understaffed

Okay job

Was okay job hard work long hours , must work fast and safe and have mind set that you could be working long hours and also have more stops then you normally do

Easy to learn on the job training.

- Within weeks it was simple and easy to understand the requirements of what was needed. At times dealing with management can feel like pulling teeth and what not but for the most part you will find someone with reason for any issues you may have.

Pros

Day time job availability

Cons

Training

Drivers make all the money

Try to run a day route for weekends and holidays off. Starbucks routes start in the evening and you will get a day rate which is a compound pay. You can make money there if you are willing to make sacrifices.

very disorganized company

I got hired recently and initially it was decent, however as a logistics company they should have the manpower figured out if somebody were to call in sick or have contingencies in place when they are "short staffed" so that it doesn't affect the entire operation as much. If one person calls in sick it affects your work load so much that you don't want to come in the next day. This place doesn't have great morale. You can almost do whatever you want and get away with it. They need to hire more people if they want people to stay.

Pros

you can work almost as much OT as you want.

Cons

you will get burnt out QUICKLY!!!

You get what you put into it

I've been with SWT over a year. It has come a long way since then; however, we still have a ways to go. The CoVid pandemic was a blessing and a curse. We were able to hone in on processes and quality of work vs. quantity. When we ramped up, we were better prepared to move toward being more successful.As far as the workload, absences put the burden on the teammates who show up to do their own work. If everyone shows up for work, the workload is not heavy. I've worked for places where the workload is extremely heavy in weight and quantity. If you are a go-getter, or a smart worker, then this is the job for you. All you have to do is complete your own assigned work. If you don't really want to work and are just looking to collect a paycheck, then this is not the job for you because every warehouse has its challenges.We are open to "thinking outside the box". Be part of the solution, not the problem.It's an older building with wear and tear, but not the worst I've seen. Equipment is old; however, management is working on getting replacements.

Pros

No split days off, management willing to work with employee issues, different shift start times to choose from, case weight average is not that heavy compared to other food distributors.

Cons

If you don't have length of service, you must work weekends.

Boooooo thumbs down

Sad place to work no stability no leadership unfriendly environment new guys treated like dogs wouldn't recommend anyone to this place managers dont listen

Hustlers love it here.

This job is fast paced. The reason they expect so much from the driver is the compensation is well worth it. Although the work is hard, it’s not impossible. If you put in the effort and create a system that works best for you, you’ll succeed. If you’re lazy or entitled, this is not the place for you. That’s just the reality. I love working here. I haven’t had a job where there is so much focus on the drivers. Of course there’s room for improvement, but they’re doing great with improving.

Pros

No micromanaging, great pay and bennies.

Cons

Scheduling can be challenging

Money

Other drivers are great money is great but no time to spend it.will call you on your day off wanting you to work cause short handed, most of the time you leave late cause truck isn't loaded on time, paperwork is done on time if truck is loaded

Pros

Money

Cons

No yime to spend it or time with family

Cool people, good pay.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Southwest Traders Inc is not very good. With the hours you have to work.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Southwest Traders Inc are very good.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Southwest Traders Inc, I think is really up to the individual.

Work you like a slave

They make a lot of promises but never go by it. This company is unorganized overall. The pay was good. They will give you big routes and work you like a slave though. They act like they care about the drivers but really don’t, they can care less about you as long as you finish your route.

It is what you make it

alot of people on here complain about the company but noone ever says what they've done really to be fired and why it takes so long to do the job.if all employees worked as a team then noone would work long hours except when the case count goes up for special holidays. its all about the people and moral. there was been alot of changes at SWT that have led to good results. we have alot of long standing employees for a reason. if you come here and try, you will see the fruits of your labor. but if you come here and slack off, you will see the result of your bad work ethic. keep your nose down to your work and stay out of the drama. every work place has it but as an individual its your own responcibility to stay out of it, and focus on your work.

Bad management and lazy leads.

Very immature coworkers! Managers show too much favoritism to they're family members they hired. They always make us do something else that's not apart of our job because the leads are too lazy to cover.

Hardest part is manual labor.limited time to complete deliveries

Long wait for departure times due to warehouse issues.Poor communications between management and drivers.Work load is heavy for amount of time given to complete deliveries.

grate place to work

Awesome place to work, the owners are awesome, and always looking for new ways to help improve the culture of the company. The biggest down fall is there is no work, life, home balance. I love this company and think that it has grate qualities and will become a huge name in the years to come.

Pros

The people

Cons

not enough time at home

They are a strong company

At Southwest they taught me a lot of my communication skills. They are very strict on keeping everything in order with no mistakes Always attentive to vendors and companies we did our vendings through

One of the best pay rates in Stockton.

Only thing good about this company is it has great pay and benefits. This company have horrible Management. Completely unorganized from top to bottom.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stressful from day to day

Poopyduke

Management is a mess. They will schedule you for a route then call you an hour after your dispatch time and make it your fault that nobody confirmed with you. Most days, your truck will not be loaded when you get there and that’s if they even have a unit available for you. This company is a joke.

Do not work here

No amount of money can make up for the stress this job will cause. Southwest is a horrible place to work and needs to be shut down! You go to work with no way of knowing what time you’re getting off. They expect you to do the job of 2 people all because they don’t know how to schedule enough people. They change the schedule without notifying you and expect you to show up for a schedule you didn’t know about. The managers talk to you crazy like you are a child. They don’t have the necessary tools or equipment for you to get your job done but they expect you to stay and get the job done. I have had multiple time where my check has not been right and now the managers are refusing to fix my check or give me my pay. This company is don’t organized, Or managed well at all. It’s so bad their recent warehouse manager quit without notice. If you can find a different job do so don’t even bother applying g here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Traders Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits