Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 1, 2018
Great place to work. I hope that everyone gets to work for such a great company, management in wonderful, they truly care about their employees, and their mental health.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Low salary
Do not work here
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 19, 2018
This place is super clicky, if you don’t fit in you sit with a target on your back. Not to mention they have a double standard of expectation from those who are in the click and those who are not in.
Official response from Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare
October 22, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give your We are sorry you didn't have a good experience at our company. We work very hard to ensure that all employees are treated equally and understand the job expectations. We wish you best in your future endeavors.

Great beginning job in mental health field
Integrated Skills Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 25, 2018
I have been working at Southwestern for almost a year now and love my job. I am pursuing a degree in mental health nursing and this position has allowed me to work in the field while also going to school. The company is wonderful and is willing to accommodate school schedules. Management is very hands on and collaborates well with staff to explore different treatment options and ideas. The patients and residents are our priority, and you will work closely with other members of the Southwestern team to ensure the most effective treatment possible.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, great management
Cons
Limited advancement
Interesting and challenging career
Group Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 12, 2018
Southwestern provides a wide variety of mental health services in our community. Every day is different, and I have learned more from the clients I serve than from any college text book. Southwestern offers excellent benefits, and promotes from within the company. The most challenging aspect of working in the mental health profession is fighting against the stigma that surrounds mental illness. My managers have always been supportive and challenge me to be better, while encouraging a healthy work-life balance. The nature of this work is often fast-paced and challenging, but very important and rewarding.
Pros
Excellent benefits, flexibility, variety of service areas (kids, adults, addictions, etc.), company values employees
Cons
It's easy to take work home with you, or worry about clients after hours.
Solid job, badly managed
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 29, 2018
The position requires multitasking but is made difficult due to understaffing which is rampant. They do a good job of training but they will hire people who are badly screened and usually underperform in areas like charting, documenting medication counts or usage and storing client's property. Liabilities like these and the potential legal dangers of working with combative or deceptive clients in a state monitored environment put too high a risk of affecting my work career. In 6 months the facility went through half of it's staff and always many positions short, straining coverage and effectiveness.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Staffing and management short falls
Productive, fast-paced environment
Recovery assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 27, 2018
Great place to work with great people-- however some parts of the company are very unorganized and they have poor management in some parts. The company puts a lot of emphasis on training, which is great, and gives a good feel for what your job will look like.
Very Challenging Workplace
Community Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company very much, especially good for individuals wanting challenging opportunities. I found this job difficult in separating personal life from career.
Pros
extensive vacation
Cons
stressful
Insurance is the best thing about this job.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 14, 2017
Health Insurance is the best thing about this job. It starts as soon as you sign up for it, no need to wait a couple months. Management really are not on staffs side, don't expect them to have your back. The residents get away with anything and are not held accountable for their actions. They get all the freedoms of an adult but are catered to as if they are children. Residents are no longer required to participate in the program and are allowed to leach off the group homes.They get some really good employees but many have left or are leaving due to working conditions.
Pros
Insurance and co-workers.
Cons
Residents aren't held accountable for their actions. Management doesn't back staff.
Long hours for in-home
Community Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 10, 2014
Performed in-home services for children and families. A great place for entry level or outpatient people. Supportive co-workers. Hardest part was the long nights, documentation requirements, and production requirements. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility in schedule and my amazing supervisor.
Pros
supportive co-workers
Rewarding
Coordinator of Addiction Services (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 25, 2013
Southwestern offers excellent supervision and training with opportunity for advancement. Friendly and supportive work environment.
I have been in allowed to manage and arrange my schedule to best serve my clients while being flexible to my personal needs.
Co-workers and management are team players.
Opinions and ideas of staff are valued.
If my family had not moved to the Louisville area I would not be leaving.
Pros
in house training, felt valued as an employee
Cons
does not pay as well as for-profit agencys
mental health services for patients with substance abuse issues
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 15, 2013
It was a good job, but underpaid for the required responsibilities
Pros
great coworkers, patient interaction, education
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about