SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Southwestern College
Professor (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSOctober 29, 2018
The community is like a big family, people from different department
are eager to support students' learning. It is a great place to work.
The college also have very strong foundation to support each of students' to grow.
Excellent School
Student (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 2, 2018
Southwestern College was a wonderful school to attend and obtain a degree from. I met many great professors while there and they helped me so much during my journey there.
where very nice to work with
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 11, 2018
answered the phone, filed, delivered mail, sign in students for rooms to practice, fax, checkout students from rooms, called professors when needed, delivered paperwork to other offices.
Professional place
Administration/ Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San YsidroAugust 28, 2018
This is one of the best places I have ever worked. It is a high work flow everyday, team is very respectful and councious regarding employees values and rights.
Pros
Respectful team
Cons
Hours decrease sometimes
Poorly run
LEAD PROFESSOR, CRIMINAL JUSTICE (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 26, 2018
Poorly run... The Director was ill prepared to run a college, the work atmosphere was awful. The pay was subpar and your work was never appreciated. Nothing else that I can add
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 12, 2018
I was a student there. Good 2-year helps you transfer especially to school within the San Diego are. Relaxed environment, friendly and lots of help available if you struggle
productive and time efficient with professional customer service
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 12, 2018
A typical day of work consists of taking out all lifeguard equipment on deck, removing pool covers and checking PH levels of multiple pools. In the time that I spent as a lifeguard I learn that much of the injuries that occur are do to environmental factors such as temperature(heat exhaustion, heat stroke, hypothermia) and bugs/insects(stings, bites). The hardest part of the job would have been maintaining surveillance on multiple pools with unexperienced swimmers.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
sunburn
Productive and fun place
Student Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJuly 11, 2018
The environment was always a fun place to be in but did have a lot of downtimes where it could be boring occasionally. We always managed to do something that would help that downtime pass quickly.
Pros
Able to complete work at your own pace
Cons
Lots of downtime
Wonderful collegiate atmosphere with focus on students
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJuly 10, 2018
This company is wonderful to work with. Faculty really focuses on the needs and educational experience of it's students. Staff/Faculty relationships are strong, cooperative, and collaborative.

The school leans to the conservative side, but the atmosphere is very accepting.
Working at Southwestern College
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 2, 2018
I love teaching economics and Southwestern College gave me a chance to do that. The Dean of the school of Business and Technology is a wonderful boss. All my colleagues and the entire support staff at the school are very helpful. I honestly have no complaints against SW College. It is by far the best employer I have ever worked for in my life. If offered a full-time position, I would take it right away.
Pros
Professional work environment.
co-workers are great and freindly.
DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 27, 2018
All the workers were always freindly and helpful, specially my manager was very respectful, considerate, and helpful. It was a good job to pay for transportation, school supplies, and classes, however since I still lived with parents didn't need much, therefore is a good short term job not a long term.
Pros
peacefull working environment.
Cons
low working hours.
Significant Culture Shift
Professor and Phillips Chair of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSMay 29, 2018
The overall environment of work has changed significantly since my original hire. Like many small liberal arts colleges they have had to undergo a great number of changes in order to adapt and survive in the current higher education landscape.
The students are typically good people and most are really engaged and eager to learn.
Hard Work!
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
Considering the job is at a school, most of the day is going to be problem solving and damage control. Its not horrible, its just not for the faint of heart but if this is a first job, your customer service skills are going to soar!
Pros
Nice office and people
Cons
Extremely fast paced
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor Alredo Herrera (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 11, 2018
A typical day at work would mostly concise of customer service and office management, the hardest part of the job would be maintaining good customer relations.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Occassional difficult customers
Amazing college to attend as a student or teach as an instructor
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSApril 12, 2018
I started out attending Southwestern as a student. Now I work there as an adjunct instructor. It is a great place no matter student or instructor. The culture, the organization as a whole is one of the best that I have had the pleasure of being a part of. Great organization with a strong foundation and amazing people.
Pros
Best College for On-line Education
Review Summary
I.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSMarch 29, 2018
Southwestern College is a great place to work if you are looking for a small town style of workflow. There are days where it can be intensive but a lot of it is slow and steady.
Strong community and shared enthusiasm for work.
FYE PEER MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA 91910February 6, 2018
This job is such an amazing outlet, which I believe is the best benefit of any job. My coworkers were all very motivated and inspiring individuals that helped me absorb as much good from the position as possible. The management was also phenomenal, they treated us just like family and ensured that we were always comfortable in the work-place, and this allowed all of us to perform at our highest potential.
productive and fun workplace
Student Worker Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 22, 2018
friendly environment
the best workplace culture
had to organize mail boxes
answer phone calls
greeting clients
make copies
scheduling meetings
restocking supplies
Pros
free lunches
Easy job
Student Veterans Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 9, 2017
Student Veteran worker is easy job that teaches some valuable administrative skills. Very good work climate and always someone there to help while you are in the learning process.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
must be full time student
Swic
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILNovember 8, 2017
I liked working as a student for SWIC, I was able to complete homework assignments and maintained an icredible friendship with some of our management and counselors.