Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

I would never work for this place again!
Registered Nurse - ER (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 9, 2018
If I could give this hospital negative stars I would! Management is all about the bottom line. They are uncaring and vindictive. Some of the nurses and doctors are extremely knowledgeable but unfortunately the bad ones are in the majority.
EMERGENCY ROOM PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (PA) (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 11, 2018
Great place to work. Made lots of friends and professional affiliations. ER crew are great people to work with and they are all extremely helpful and put the patients first at all times.
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Stable work environment. Company provide classes for additional learning. Additional knowledge provided working the Epic System. Flexible work hours allowed for employees.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation
Cons
Paid Holidays
Pretty good place to work,m can be stressful at times
Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  5602 SW Lee Blvd, Lawton, ok 73505December 17, 2017
I enjoyed the work and the patients, sometimes the management made the job frustrating. I can be hard if some of your coworkers are not as committed to the mission as you are.
Very fast pace
Referral Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2017
It has given the experience to become more computer efficient. It is an extremely fast past, think on your feet type of atmosphere.
I personally have just found that it will be very difficult to transfer out of the department I am currently in and I do not want answer phones the rest of career.
Fast paced ER
RN (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 30, 2017
Fast paced ER, little trauma, little cardiac. A lot of non emergency care given. Almost no housekeeping, nursing cleans rooms. Cafeteria not open at night.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No breaks, short staffed
Really great and fun people
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 7, 2017
My experience with this company will be a missed one. I really loved my time here and I wish I could take everyone with me. Best work family that I've had by far!
Great place to meet people
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 7, 2017
Nice place to work if you don't want to grow. I wanted to work for a company that I could grow with and retire from. Some people there don't care if you have higher education if they can keep you working as an C.N.A that's what they will do.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No growth.
Good Hospital
O.R Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 22, 2017
It has some great employees and its full of caring loving people, and they treat everyone with respect. People here treat one another like family, it gives you the experiences needed to do your job as best as you can.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
This place needs more beds.
Great Job environment
Registration Coordinator/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 18, 2017
Worked with amazing Coworkers in a great environment. Was able to learn a lot of new skills, that helped me improve my Work experience.
I was able to learn several areas in the Hospital, such as Registration and Financial Counselor.
close family atmosphere with a stress on teamwork
PBX Operator/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 16, 2017
Southwestern Medical Center stresses cooperation and effective communication among the staff and departments to provide exceptional service and quality care to patients and their families at all times.
Pros
free birthday lunch, usually relaxed friendly atmosphere
Cons
breaks depended on patiet volume for admitting staff.
Great hospital with wonderful employees
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 5, 2017
Loved this place. Co workers make it fun to work and are helpful. Management was great as well as staffing. Benefits were also good. Smaller hospital with great food.
Pros
excellent coworkers
Cons
smaller hospital
productive work place
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 15, 2017
I was able to move up in my carrier to become a financial counselor. The work hours where very good and fit my schedule.
I had the pleasure working with some great people
So many opportunities
Staff RN/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 29, 2017
Great place to work. Management stands behind the employees and works hard to keep patient/staff ratios reasonable and safe. Many benefits and compensation packages.
Busy, and understaffed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 22, 2017
Working in the hospital setting is by far my favorite. I truly miss this job. I had was given a really strong med/surg back ground before I started here. The computer system was very much different from the one I learned on.
Pros
Hospital setting, providing care
Cons
Poor management, low pay, understaffed.
Family like work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse-Unit Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work would include administering medications, doing q 15 safety checks, initiating restraints and seclusion when appropriate, obtaining a physicians order immediately after be placed in a therapeutic hold/restraint/seclusion.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
equipment needs updating
Stressful and not family friendly
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 8, 2017
No chance for advancement and no encouragement to do so. Not family friendly, over critical of work performance, very little praise for good work. Favorites are rewarded before people who do better work.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
No praise for good work, over critical
Part time job performing medical screening for plasma donations
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 19, 2017
Assisted ER Physician by inputting lab tests, ordering radiology tests along with other clerical duties. The hardest part of this job was losing patients after calling a Code. The enjoyable time was talking with the nursing staff and learning different medical procedures, tests and how to perform them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Hard to review since this was over 30 years ago
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 13, 2017
Lots has changed since I haven't worked for them in 32 years.
When I worked for them they were a good company. I loved the nurses on the floors and was allowed to work in the different dept of radiology.
Pros
Allowed me to work in different areas of radiology.
Cons
Several different department heads
Excellent
Eight week clinical internship (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 5, 2017
Excellent place to work. Very friendly staff and helpful as well. I loved working here but had to relocated due to moving to a different state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Southwestern Medical Center Reviews by Location