Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews

Sovereign was a wonderful place to work.
Vice President - Branch Manager - Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXApril 17, 2018
It was a wonderful bank with good people. It was a great place to work. Unfortunately they recently were sold. I left before merger took place. It was good while it lasted.
Pros
work/lofe balance, fair pay, benefits good, like a family
Cons
not much room to move up once my position obtained
Review
Loss Prevention Spec (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 16, 2018
I wasn't there long enough I was there for the merger. I started working for sovereign bank before they were acquired by santander bank. I worked for fraud and it was really good.
CEVF / Dealer Floorplan were great with old management
Dealer Floor Plan Auditor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 4, 2018
Inconsistent with the business. First they were getting out of floorplanning and laid off their staff, then they were staying in and building their business.
Difficult
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  BOSTONMarch 12, 2018
6 day work week with no corresponding pay. Constant conference calls with little to no observable results. No real career track, and a bad sales culture that focuses on profit.
fast paced environement with many coworkers working as a team
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 11, 2018
Sovereign Bank Mortgage was a very fast paced environment. I worked independently with the loan officers and clients and truly enjoyed helping those going through the experience of applying for a loan. It can be a very unsettling to many people and I was proud of the work that I accomplished assisting our clients.
Bought out by another bank
Senior Specialist/Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 4, 2018
Sovereign Bank was an great place to work. The environment was positive and I had a great work life balance. Sovereign Bank was purchased by Santander 2 years after I resigned my position.
Liquidation Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 2, 2018
9 years ago was when the building relocated to Texas, I had held many functions within the collection department from early stage collections to have a double assignment of reviewing accounts for repossession and managing the 60-90 day collectors and dealing with the assignments to collection agency's, it was very challenging but very enjoyable
Pros
work independent, different responsibilities
Banking environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 26, 2018
Busy community branch to work at

Lots of customer interaction

Overseeing my employees daily workflow and resolving any issues

Enjoyed knowing and assisting the customer base
Pros
Helping the customers in the community and getting to know them
Cons
Some days were very hectic
Great Company
Full Time Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Sovereign was a great company to work for. They had great benefits, and really cared about their employees.
I would say their only downfall was not getting rid of employees that were not an asset to the company.
Benefits
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2018
The people I worked with were exceptional. It made the days really enjoyable so that going to work was a pleasure. My experience was informative and life altering.

Want to know more about Sovereign Bank?

Ask a question
Fast Paced and Stressfull
Early Stage Collections (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 14, 2018
The managers place more stress on the employees than the job itself does. The job is communicating with Customers in regards to their accounts with the bank, The customers are usually frustrated by a situation involving their bank accounts and our job is to resolve the issue.
great place to work
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJFebruary 3, 2018
the teamwork was tremendous. I was sent to RI to learn about loans. I really loved working there. The manager was the greatest I had ever worked with.
Pros
comaraderie
Cons
can't think of any
Banking Representative
Senior Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJanuary 31, 2018
I worked at the desk taking care of customers with banking inquiries. I opened/closed accounts. Submitted Loans and also educated the consumer to get the best banking.
Pros
I worked in a fabulous office with an excellent manager
Cons
Merging of another bank cost me my position
Excellent Internship Opportunity
Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Sovereign provided me with an amazing opportunity while interning there that gave me hands on work experience in a large business accounting department. I was able to participate in everyday business activities and was even put in charge of a personal project finding unclaimed assets for the company. The staff was always welcoming, kind, and happy to answer any questions during my time there.
Good first stop
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 29, 2018
Good first stop if you are pursuing a career in the banking field. Previous bank was much better before being acquired by this European bank. Model does not work
Extremely stressful, not enough employees
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 29, 2018
What co-workers there were were very nice. Most of the time had no help. Customers very nice. Lots of reading and test taking due to ever changing laws.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
No breaks
It is a good place to work
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2018
It is a good place to work. I have learnt a lot in this company and there is a lot of room for growth and improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is always interact with customers.
It was a real stressfull environment.
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJanuary 20, 2018
I worked in 2004 for independence community bank where I enjoyed my work and the environment. Then sovereign bank bought independance bank. It was still ok but we start seeing the changes gradually and 4 years later, we became santander bank and we became numbers.
relaxed and competitive
TELLER, CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Very nice and clean and organized. My boss was nice but the coworkers were competitive because you have to fill your quota to get so many accounts each month. Some branches cooperate and divide the quota among themselves.
Cons
short breaks
Great place to have worked at.
Assistant Vice President/Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Wonderful place to work!! Sadly Sovereign Bank is no longer Sovereign but it is now Veritex Bank.

I worked for Sovereign Bank for over 10 years and it was the best place to work. Great co-workers and work environment.