Sovereign Health Group Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Worked with great people
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 31, 2018
There were alot of very nice people to work with but benefits were not great and no 401k. There were flexible hours and it was close to home but no job security.
Cons
no 401k
Good place to work.
Detox Supervisor/House Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 20, 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work, but when they don't pay there employees that work for them it's not good. I enjoyed the work that I did a lot. If they would of continued working there if they would of continued paying me.
Pros
enjoyed the word, good coworkers
Cons
disorganization
Good
On-Boarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJuly 19, 2018
This employer was not the worse in the world but was a good 2nd job. I worked as an onboarding specialist remotely from home so it was great for me. I cant say the same for some of the others
Pros
Worked remotely from home
It was an OK job
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 17, 2018
I found working at sovereign health was a great experience for me. I enjoyed taking care of patients and listening to their stories it remind me of my aunts and mom.
Work amosphere fun
Clinician, AMFT (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJuly 10, 2018
I've had the great opportunity to have on the job training and was able to work with a great team of people. I loved working with the Patients as well. It was rewarding experience to see Patients come to us without hope or direction, but towards the end of treatment, many were able to overcome their addiction as well as have their mental illness under control.
Pros
Easy going amosphere, great cowokers
Cons
No healthcare, long drive
Not worth it
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJuly 10, 2018
Sovereign was a great place to work until they stopped paying us. Even the ones like myself who stayed until the end, to only receive a lay off email instead of the 6 checks owed to me.
Pros
Great for learning opportunities
Cons
No pay
Don't work here
Lead House Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 8, 2018
- They didn't pay employees for months at a time.
- Took money out of our paychecks for health insurance that wasn't valid.
- Extremely stressful work environment.
Extremely abusive
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJune 24, 2018
Horrible environment, unprofessional, unethical, can’t keep employees, they hire the lowest quality of people and expect something different, then they stop paying people and cancel the insurance, extremely fraudulent.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else
The place is nothing but an insurance scam
Dual Diagnosis Clinician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 21, 2018
They suck! They don't care about the patient. Their only care is the money! They have figured out a way to do the bare minimum so as to milk the insurance companies.
Your mileage may vary
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 21, 2018
While I was frustrated at times, I was fortunate enough to work with a dozens of kinda, diligent, and intelligent individuals. Additionally, for all of the complaints about the CEO, he was always very good to me.
Pros
Autonomy
Some Employees really care for there Patients
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJune 20, 2018
When I first started working for this company I really loved it but as time went on I realized most people don't really care about the staff or the patients and it became hard to bring clients into a place where I knew they wouldn't get optimum care.
Pros
Pay, Overtime, My last manager
Cons
Lack of pay, communication and everyone out for themselves
Great place to work but...
Insurance Verification Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL 33069June 20, 2018
I have had a wonderful experience at Sovereign health, surrounded by lovely co-workers & brilliant managers. Any reason someone would not apply is the fact that the company itself is not being run efficiently from the top so this lead to many locations shutting down, etc. I doubt this company will be around for another year
Do not work here
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 19, 2018
They don't pay on time, everything is located in India for cheap labor and management is completely MIA when it comes to get answers to important questions, then they want you to look like the bad guy when things are ran poorly.
Payroll complications.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CA 92260June 14, 2018
If it was not for payroll complications I would still like to work here. Before this company hit a hiccup it was great. The team work is great all the staff that work here and here for the patients and that is when was important.
Was fun at one time. Bad atmosphere and morale
Clerical (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJune 6, 2018
Upper Management doesn’t care about employees. They have been behind 2 paychecks. No communication with employees. Employees keep quitting every day. They have to keep closing other locations and houses because they can’t pay to keep them open.
Pros
No pros at this time
Cons
Mostly everything with upper management
a good place to start
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 5, 2018
a great medical staff, we worked well together. I learned a lot and had a great PA who helped a lot. there a huge turn-around in the 2 years that I worked with, I probably worked with 7 different nurses with only 2-3 nurses that worked there at a given time frame. We were always short staffed. The management was not so great, you didn't get promoted unless you were kissing management behind.
Very un-organized /Always changing something or another
House Manager/Addictions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 22, 2018
Poor quality of care for patients.
Employees who just sit around and do nothing are kept on with no consequences. Corporate not paying our wages on time then stopped paying all together. Two whole pay periods behind 1 month without pay!!!
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Coporate sucks
it was a okay job
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 21, 2018
to be honest it was just a experience for a future experience in that field. the problem was there was no job security and no potential job advancement for people of color. we weren't compensated accordingly for all the the duties we performed.
Pros
Cons
overworked and under compensated
Good place to work if they would just pay us.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 20, 2018
I like working here but we haven’t been paid. Program manager is doing an amazing job to keep things operating with no funds coming in.
The company CEO has obviously mismanaged the company and misled employees with promises of pay that over and over again do not come.
I wish that things would straighten out so we get all of our back pay and the company is trustworthy again because there are many great things about the Ft Myers program.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor upper level financial management
Payroll / or lack of
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 19, 2018
Company deducted for medical coverage and never paid the premium.I know have unpaid medical bills. Company has not made payroll on time in 3 months. CEO is a scumbag!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sovereign Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight