Sovos Compliance Employee Reviews

Poor Work Environment/Company Culture
Customer Success Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 27, 2019
Terrible work environment all around - high school like culture, dread going to work on a daily basis. Underpaid and overworked, not exactly ideal for anyone
March 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback – I am troubled to hear an employee, current or otherwise, reflects on their Sovos experience and colleagues as you described. The most consistent pieces of feedback we hear discuss our collaborative environment and team members. I’m sorry your experience did not mirror that and that we lost your engagement along the way. At Sovos, we are committed to continuously and proactively investing to create a challenging and rewarding environment, where talented, career-minded people can learn and grow. Feedback from our team members is pivotal to creating a great workplace experience, so I encourage you to go to your manager (which would be me in this instance), a team lead or anyone in HR to discuss the issues you feel strongly about.

Laura Handler
Chief of Staff/Head of Client Success

Fun workplace
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Champlin, MNJanuary 29, 2019
A fun and friendly workplace. I always felt wanted here. They are very accessible to everyone, and a great place to work. Would recommend. Anyone looking for an entry level job should look here.
February 28, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We agree with you, Sovos is a great place to work and our people are truly our best part! We especially value your comment about always feeling wanted. That is a really unique way to describe a place that you work and it is how we would like every employee here to feel. Each person here is valued and we feel lucky to have such a fabulous group of talented individuals working towards a common goal. We are glad that is your takeaway and we look forward to watching you grow with us!

Poor Management and Low Salary Lead to High Turnover
Withholding Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 7, 2018
I worked at Sovos for over a year and really enjoyed the culture there. Made lots of friends and got along with nearly everyone there. Unfortunately the pay is quite low and the job is quite stressful. Most of the managers there are great and really nice people. They treat their employees with kindness and respect. However, in the withholding department employees are not treated while. They're constantly pushed to work longer hours and take shorter/ fewer breaks. The office has a pingpong table but the manager mentioned he didn't want to see people playing. Overall I think it could have been a great place to work had I been in a different department with a more personable manager.
Pros
Free Drinks, Snacks on Wednesday
Cons
Low Pay, Harsh Manager
December 13, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the culture and made friends with your coworkers! The people that work at Sovos are the best part of the environment. We’re sorry to hear though that you did not have the best experience with a particular member of management. Our managers help cultivate the great environment you mentioned and help ensure deadlines are met, especially during our busy season. While we do encourage our employees to take advantage of break room resources, such as the Ping-Pong table, we also respectfully ask for a delicate balance between work and play. We take this type of feedback very seriously and appreciate you bringing to our attention. We will take this back and review in context with feedback from other employees. Our goal is to continue to improve the employee experience and be a great place to work regardless of department or manager.

Thanks again, and good luck in your next step in your career

Great Training - Low Pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 20, 2018
Sovos offers a comprehensive new hire training boot camp. The culture is young and innovative. However they provide a low compensation package for the industry. Their products are not as well received in the market as the competition making it difficult to win new business. They focus much of their sales effort on increasing the price of their existing customers making these accounts very unhappy.
Pros
Excellent Training Boot Camp
Cons
Relatively low compensation
January 21, 2019

Thanks for providing your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you felt our new hire training is comprehensive, as we certainly invest a lot in making sure Reps hit the ground running and are set up for success. In regards to your comments about our products and sales strategy, the data would suggest otherwise. Both in terms of new logo sales and overall company growth, our strategy to be disruptive game-changers in the market, Solving Tax for Good via the Sovos Intelligent Compliance Cloud, is resonating. And with over 40% of Sales Reps earning a President’s Club trip to Grand Cayman last fiscal year, many are earning (and learning) more than at any point in their career. Best of luck in your next role, and thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Sincerely,
Joe Healey
Chief Sales Officer & Managing Director, Americas

good entry level position
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 3, 2018
Decent work life balance with a laid back environment.Typical tech company cliches like a ping pong table, video games, and beer events. No room for advancement at a lot of the entry level positions.
November 19, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We agree that Sovos offers great entry level opportunities. It is a great place to start your career or start your career change! We’re disappointed to hear that you didn’t see the opportunities for advancement that we offer. We try to provide our employees with every avenue possible to grow and develop their careers here at Sovos. In addition, we always looks to promote from within before looking externally to fill open positions. We are happy to share that 30% of our employees were promoted or experienced job growth last year! We’re sorry you didn’t see all the avenues for growth while you were here – but we are thrilled that you were able to gain the skills and experiences needed to make a career move outside of Sovos that was right for you. Good luck!

Terribly In-balanced
Compliance Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAAugust 30, 2018
Management is consistently terrible, and under-educated. Knowledge gained took a hit when the current trainer was hired. Day-to-day was stressful depending upon what time of the month you are in. The culture was horrible as you walk in to a department where everyone hates their job, and do not respect their managers. Most difficult part was meeting deadlines when you are asked to help out people who don't know what they are doing. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people around you that were going through the same issues.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, growth, culture
December 10, 2018

Thanks for providing your feedback. I understand this review is a few months old, but still wanted to respond.

I’m disappointed to hear that you had such a stressful experience at Sovos, as this is not the type of company we strive to be. Most companies have periods of the year that are busier than others, and Sovos is no exception. We fully acknowledge that during our peak busy season we have to rely on our employees more than at other times during the year. The double-edged sword here is that the need is increasing as our business continues to show strong growth.

We take this type of feedback very seriously and highly value knowledge transfer and skillset development as it aligns with one of our core values, “Be Professional.” We will continue to work hard to create an environment where our employees are in a challenging yet rewarding environment. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and best of luck in your new role.

Sincerely,
Joe Healey

Management prefers "cogs in a wheel" rather then strategic thinking.
Demand Generation Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 12, 2018
Poor advancement opportunities. Unsupportive management style. Job insecurity. Vague and uninspiring mission statement that does nothing to encourage or focus employees.
Beware
Corporate Sales & Use Tax (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2018
This company is buying lunch for their competition. Stick with other proven competitors in this space as their entire sales force has turned over more than once
Potential for being great
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 24, 2018
Sovos is still trying to get its footing as a corporation in terms of structure, but it's not a bad place to work if you don't mind being underpaid. I work a lot of hours and don't make as much as my corporate skills are worth.
Professional and goal oriented environment
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 17, 2018
Fast past environment that fully uses individual talents to the fullest. This is a multi-national corporation that continues to rapidly expand into new countries.
Pros
Health wise
Cons
Extremely fast paced!
Not the worst place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 15, 2018
There are many benefits to working at Sovos. Unlimited PTO, free soft drinks and snacks, monthly social events. However teams are understaffed, and project deadlines are consistently missed. There is rarely life/work balance, and less appreciation of that.
Pros
Free snacks and soft drinks, unlimited PTO
Cons
Poor life/work balance
Work Hard, Play Hard, Make A Difference
Legal (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 10, 2018
I've worked at Sovos for a year and it's an ideal employer for anyone who wants to work hard, make true contributions to a fast growing business, and have fun along the way. Sovos is rapidly expanding its product portfolio and its geographic footprint, so opportunity is abound. However, it's not for the faint of heart. To thrive at Sovos, you need to be super smart, agile, hard working and able to embrace change. In fact, they make all applicants take a test before they'll interview you!
Pros
Growing company, lots of opportunity, great culture
Cons
Fast pace and entry test not for everyone
It is a good place to work but low pay for the amount of work
Implementation Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 25, 2018
The management is awesome and comprehensive and supportive but the amount of stress and work is more than what the pay is worth. The people are like a family and have no issue but my main issue is that the pay is not good.
ping pong
Temporary Compliance Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 14, 2018
Sovos can be a fun place to work. There's ping pong, free coffee/drinks, in busy season meals are sometimes provided. The people there are mostly nice, young people. But it does have a "start-up" feel to it, where yes there's fun aspects but job security is tenuous and management isn't always responsive. If you want a long-term career, you may not get it here, but this is a good place to gain experience, if you have the patience/personality for a "fun" workplace rather than a more traditional/serious one. Depends on what you want out of it!
Low pay, high turnover
Implementation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Poor management, especially in the ATL branch. At times, felt like a very toxic environment. Minimal room for growth or career advancement. It can be a decent entry level job straight out of college, but the compensation is laughable compared to market standards.
Pros
Decent way to gain entry level experience.
Cons
Don't expect to get paid competitively--as a result the turnover is extremely high.
Poor
Implementation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2018
Sovos culture varies from office to office. The ATL branch is led by incompetent individuals placed in their role via family ties and personal relationships. Zero room for growth and completely nonexistent competitive pay with industry standards.
Cons
Management, Salary, Training, Career Advancement
Not a bad place to start
Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 3, 2018
Fun tech company that needs to think more about the employees and product. Normal corporate job but don't expect to be paid very much. Good place to gain experience.
Pros
culture, flexible time off
Cons
lots of M&A, poor product line, high employee turnover
Great work environment for learners
Director of Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MADecember 27, 2017
Jobs at Sovos are fun filled and energetic. Ideal for new college graduates who want to learn and get into the competitive race.
They provide great technical training and project management training.
Listen to feedback from sales
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 11, 2017
Growing company in a niche industry that is very competitive. Listen t feedback from sales employees about what they are hearing from clients and potential clients.
Overall Strong Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2017
Strong progressive company. Expanding rapidly in many on traget areas.
Developing and Embracing a measurable and palatable corporate culture.
Becoming a global competitor.
Strong Esprit de Corps
Pros
Dynamic, Fast Paced, Expansive
Cons
Not customer focused, Not enough development in differntiating product. Need to differntiate and globally market brand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sovos Compliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight