Sovos Compliance Management reviews

Poor Work Environment/Company Culture
Customer Success Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 27, 2019
Terrible work environment all around - high school like culture, dread going to work on a daily basis. Underpaid and overworked, not exactly ideal for anyone
Official response from Sovos Compliance
March 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback – I am troubled to hear an employee, current or otherwise, reflects on their Sovos experience and colleagues as you described. The most consistent pieces of feedback we hear discuss our collaborative environment and team members. I’m sorry your experience did not mirror that and that we lost your engagement along the way. At Sovos, we are committed to continuously and proactively investing to create a challenging and rewarding environment, where talented, career-minded people can learn and grow. Feedback from our team members is pivotal to creating a great workplace experience, so I encourage you to go to your manager (which would be me in this instance), a team lead or anyone in HR to discuss the issues you feel strongly about.

Laura Handler
Chief of Staff/Head of Client Success

Poor Management and Low Salary Lead to High Turnover
Withholding Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 7, 2018
I worked at Sovos for over a year and really enjoyed the culture there. Made lots of friends and got along with nearly everyone there. Unfortunately the pay is quite low and the job is quite stressful. Most of the managers there are great and really nice people. They treat their employees with kindness and respect. However, in the withholding department employees are not treated while. They're constantly pushed to work longer hours and take shorter/ fewer breaks. The office has a pingpong table but the manager mentioned he didn't want to see people playing. Overall I think it could have been a great place to work had I been in a different department with a more personable manager.
Pros
Free Drinks, Snacks on Wednesday
Cons
Low Pay, Harsh Manager
Official response from Sovos Compliance
December 13, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the culture and made friends with your coworkers! The people that work at Sovos are the best part of the environment. We’re sorry to hear though that you did not have the best experience with a particular member of management. Our managers help cultivate the great environment you mentioned and help ensure deadlines are met, especially during our busy season. While we do encourage our employees to take advantage of break room resources, such as the Ping-Pong table, we also respectfully ask for a delicate balance between work and play. We take this type of feedback very seriously and appreciate you bringing to our attention. We will take this back and review in context with feedback from other employees. Our goal is to continue to improve the employee experience and be a great place to work regardless of department or manager.

Thanks again, and good luck in your next step in your career

Management prefers "cogs in a wheel" rather then strategic thinking.
Demand Generation Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 12, 2018
Poor advancement opportunities. Unsupportive management style. Job insecurity. Vague and uninspiring mission statement that does nothing to encourage or focus employees.
Potential for being great
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 24, 2018
Sovos is still trying to get its footing as a corporation in terms of structure, but it's not a bad place to work if you don't mind being underpaid. I work a lot of hours and don't make as much as my corporate skills are worth.
It is a good place to work but low pay for the amount of work
Implementation Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 25, 2018
The management is awesome and comprehensive and supportive but the amount of stress and work is more than what the pay is worth. The people are like a family and have no issue but my main issue is that the pay is not good.
ping pong
Temporary Compliance Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 14, 2018
Sovos can be a fun place to work. There's ping pong, free coffee/drinks, in busy season meals are sometimes provided. The people there are mostly nice, young people. But it does have a "start-up" feel to it, where yes there's fun aspects but job security is tenuous and management isn't always responsive. If you want a long-term career, you may not get it here, but this is a good place to gain experience, if you have the patience/personality for a "fun" workplace rather than a more traditional/serious one. Depends on what you want out of it!
Low pay, high turnover
Implementation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Poor management, especially in the ATL branch. At times, felt like a very toxic environment. Minimal room for growth or career advancement. It can be a decent entry level job straight out of college, but the compensation is laughable compared to market standards.
Pros
Decent way to gain entry level experience.
Cons
Don't expect to get paid competitively--as a result the turnover is extremely high.
Poor
Implementation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2018
Sovos culture varies from office to office. The ATL branch is led by incompetent individuals placed in their role via family ties and personal relationships. Zero room for growth and completely nonexistent competitive pay with industry standards.
Cons
Management, Salary, Training, Career Advancement
Not a bad place to start
Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 3, 2018
Fun tech company that needs to think more about the employees and product. Normal corporate job but don't expect to be paid very much. Good place to gain experience.
Pros
culture, flexible time off
Cons
lots of M&A, poor product line, high employee turnover
Great work environment for learners
Director of Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MADecember 27, 2017
Jobs at Sovos are fun filled and energetic. Ideal for new college graduates who want to learn and get into the competitive race.
They provide great technical training and project management training.
Great place to work but time to move on
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work but time to move on. Trust the management if you are in the right departments, but there are some that must be navigated carefully. Too many politics
Decent job
Corporate Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2017
Lots of turnover and uncertainty. I've worked there for just over a year and I have had 3 different managers. Your success is heavily dependent on what product line you are in.
Ethically Challenged
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 27, 2017
Shady business practices. Poorly managed. High turnover. Very few opportunities for growth. Good place for new salespeople looking for field sales role, lots to learn in short period of time.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Cuilture, product, management.
software engineers need not apply
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 28, 2017
This company might be ok for people who need a job after college, but if you went for computer science, you should look elsewhere.
The pay is horrible, the environment is a mess. Most of their products are all tech debt. Tech management is basically following a UI wind sock approach.
Rewrite everything over and over in the latest trend, then wonder why nothing is done on time.
Turnover is a huge problem, but management doesn't see it that way.
Pros
snacks
Cons
pay, turnover, management
Great Middle and Upper Management
Compliance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MADecember 27, 2016
The supervisors and managers genuinely care about the development of those under them. In addition there is a lot of room for advancement and very clear promotion paths which they will work with you to achieve.

The atmosphere of the office is relaxed but very professional. The company has a rigorous application process so most of the people are very qualified and easy to work with.
Pros
Free snacks, Management, Health Insurance/Dental/Vision
Cons
Salary
Toxic Work Environment
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 29, 2016
This was the most toxic and unprofessional company I ever worked for -- and unfortunately, human resources looks the other way. A typical day at work would turn into staying the night because the software continually needed to be fixed and/or "patched". Management had no use for constructive criticism for newer technology. They were adamant about using (and reusing) old technology and building upon it. If you challenged it - you were out. Project deadlines were impossible and project managers were cycled out regularly.
Pros
Free soda & coffee
Cons
Low pay, long hours, horrible insurance
Sovos Compliance
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 15, 2016
Sovos is a rapidly growing software company and is a great place to work. The organization's philosophy is to hire low experience, high potential individuals which creates an environment with a lot of intelligent, capable coworkers. The downside is that compensation matches the lack of experience.
Pros
Great environment, good coworkers
Cons
Poor compensation
Too Much Rotation
Operations (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 14, 2016
As this company is growing it is also trying to centralize job positions and responsibilities which is leading to chaos and divide among employees. Even after the recent annual review period, it seems that employees of all levels are being dismissed left and right. Too much change all at once is causing significant issues with meeting deadlines for long term projects.
Cons
No Job Security
Horrible, just Horrible
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEApril 30, 2014
This used to be a great place to work, until Vista showed up. Now it has gone the other way. People are belittled at times and are treated poorly. Fired 20% of the workforce to replace with recent grads. Treat remote employees as if they were enemy combatants.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
just about everything else.