SP+ Employee Reviews

Dirty trailer in the parking lot with roaches in it
shuttle drivers (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Ohio airportNovember 9, 2018
Management is horrible they don't put enough time in training their shuttle bus drivers on what to do in case of a emergencies also the quality of the buses are horrible unsafe to drive not fit to be on the road let alone carry passengers what really discussed me about the company nobody cared the only thing they was interested in keeping their contract not about the safety of passengers they need new buses
Pros
If I could I would give them 0 Stars
Cons
No breaks
Fun work place
Bike valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 7, 2018
Awesome, a great company to work with. I am able to meet a lot and different people, doing the bike valet is fun too, going to events and the attendants who work with you are all great
Fun place to work for...
HAVE MY CHAUFFER LIENCES (Former Employee) –  Grand rapids michOctober 15, 2018
When customers pull down to her that we pick them up from their car right them out of ticket help them with their luggage on and off the bus and when we pick them up at the terminal we do the same thing..
Pros
Paid vactions
Cons
Slow days
Manager showed favoritism and had multiple relationships with fellow employee and supervisors with coworkers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2018
Very awful new management came in not know the law of the land going of hearsay and became very judgmental of others employees on premesis an showed his Uncle Tom to others and immediately became cutthroat
Pros
Stay to self
Cons
Don’t talk to no one
Low Key
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215October 3, 2018
I arrived early everyday. I had Tuesday through Saturday as my days to work. I worked alone on Saturday. Then Sunday and Monday off. I typically went around gathering up trash from all the garage sites. I painted. cleaned. fixed guard rails that drivers blew through.
Pros
had nice supervisors
Cons
no overtime
Good to meet and help people
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ohar'e International Airport, ILSeptember 28, 2018
It 's good to meet different people and help them with top customer service.
I learn about safety and company policy and general accounting as payroll.
Cons
healthcare
part time cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I am looking to work for a company that has a friendly atmospore
warm environment and a chance to advance to future positions
offering well paying salary.
Pros
part time positions
Cons
permanent empoyment
Low pay, no benifits, no/horrible management around, discrimination against females
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2018
Worked here for over a year - management lies right to your face, wages are horrible - poverty level for the location. Management is never around, they always leave between noon or by 2pm. All management are men - not a single female at this location.

Horrible shift hours, don't plan on a social life if you work for them.

Don't do anything extra for the employees - our supervisor bought dinner for the staff working on the holiday because the company did nothing for any one. The supervisor left because there was no pay increase to take on more responsibility.
Pros
low pay - horrible hours - discrimination
Slow Pace and Laid Back
PARKING ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2018
We work under the city of Charlotte parking supervisors monitoring parking lots, keeping count of parking lots, assisting customers in parking lots. Day to Day work is easy at SP+, however there is no room for advancement and pay raise. Benefits are not very good.
Discrimination and favoritism
Lead Utility Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2018
Standard Parking plus has been practicing discrimination for years now especially special treatment when it comes to certain employees. As a working lead maintenance on the floor we have an extreme heavy workload hazardous conditions working in extreme heat and cold and lack of pay.
Rewarding but stressful at times
Valet at Hughes Landing (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Good way to make easy money (tips) as long as you're willing to hustle and deal with puffed-up teenage coworkers. Since you're constantly working/interacting alongside fellow employees, the atmosphere can make you it feel similar to being forced to join a high school clique. If you aren't down to join then beware! Other than that you can meet great customers, drive nice cars, and earn honest cash.
Pros
Tips, interesting people
Cons
Cliquey
Fun Workplace
Lead Valet (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2018
I worked with a good group of individuals who not only were nice people but they were very hard workers. They made the workplace a comfortable place to be around and I liked it.
The best place to work as a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 4, 2018
SP Plus was my dream job as a student. The main reason why I loved this job was because of my coworkers. They are very helpful and Supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you will help customers with their issues.
Great Company with great opportunities
Sr. Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC 27708September 4, 2018
Great Company to work with. Great pay and benefits, and being a world wide company ensures opportunities everywhere from sporting environments to medical and university. But more than just parking, they also have security and other positions available.
Productive and fun day communicating with customers and management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2018
I loved working there, and enjoyed every minute of it. It is very diverse and that's what I loved about it. Everyone was treated the same and even the managers were very nice.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
managing parking operation
Employee (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 2, 2018
SP+ has created a set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that each facility must follow in managing its parking operation. These standards are necessary to properly operate a parking facility, and ensure proper controls are in place related to legal and regulatory compliance and safety. For each control, we established a company policy, and have set standard implementation procedures and audit requirements. The standards serve as a reference for employees on various components of operations, including facility appearance, customer service, revenue control, records and administration, cash handling, and equipment and lot security
Pros
autonomy
Nice place to work
PARKING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 30, 2018
A chill place to work, very simp[le just validating parking tickets. Hours are spent working alone in your booth which i pretty much loved. People in office are great.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No pay
It is a nice place to work
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 29, 2018
The company is a nice company to work force. SP Plus is set up where if you have any questions on operations you can reach out to different departments to get the correct answers. SP Plus offers classes on the day to day activities that you may encounter to guide you along the way.
Pros
The friendly employees you meet along the way.
Cons
You have to be prepared to work in all weather.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2018
Great place to work as a tennager to make quick money. Competitive hours. Simple job. Make the best out of it. Could use safer all parking for employees.
fun workplace
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  philadelphia PAAugust 27, 2018
I work in hotel industry since 2009 as senior manager and manager in duty on the weekend I manage daily stuff issues which improve my management skills days in and out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SP+. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SP+.

Powered by Comparably