SP+ Employee Reviews

Hard Driving
Garage Attendant (Former Employee) –  115 Ft. Washington AvenueJanuary 15, 2019
A typical day at SP+ would be arriving to the site of 115 FT. Washington Avenue in the Manhattan to begging at 6:30AM. Bringing down cars form the hospitals [ Milstein or from Baby's ]. After around 9AM, I was working on the 7th floor setting up to receive in the valley. The hardest part was working in the elements. The most enjoyable thing was meeting with the recipients of the workers in the area.
unstable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I recommend this job to people who are looking for a second job because the hours are flexible and you make the choice on when you want to work. It is not a job you can survive off of at all because of the minimum pay and the short hours. Sometime they only offer two days out of the week to work. You're standing on your feet the whole job and it does not matter the weather conditions. You are also standing outside basically your whole shift. I personally do not think this job pays enough for the type of conditions they expect you to work in and they also do not provide you with anything to help you with the weather conditions.
Pros
good second job
Cons
pay and hours
Was enjoyable and fun job.
Cashier/Flagger (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2019
The staff and my coworkers were very accepting and fun and loving. There was times where work was slow but my managers made the best of it just selecting tasks for us to complete.
standard parking
Valet/Porter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2019
i was a valet and porter when i worked here. i worked here for about 6 years and i really like the job because i really like interacting with people, i developed really nice relationships there
Great working enciornent
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Awesome leadrership, very understanding the job there was berry informing and also gave you room to learn and grow. Team oriented and the managers help you when you need it
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Lazy workers
Review
Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Just help customers get bags out car and load bags in the car
park cars
workplace culture is pretty good every body is chill until it comes down to the management
Pros
laid back
Cons
poor management
Na
Valet parking different sites (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2018
Fast paced environment. Must be team work oriented and have great work ethics. Enjoyable job and experience as long as it can and will be your primary objective and not too many things committed to outside of job.
It was a nice place to work
Overnight supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo airportDecember 26, 2018
Being an overnight supervisor wasnt a bad position. I enjoyed working with the cashiers and drivers. The boss was a good guy to work for. There was one bad supervisor that no longer works there. Working over night is a difficult thing to do.
Pros
Cons
Overnights messes up your system
Long commute to austin and houston
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2018
Too long of a commute to Austin and Houston. Back braking work when cleaning garages and pressure washing. No room for advancement or to become full time employee.
Pros
Free luch when out of town
Cons
Hard physical labor
Write checks that they cant cash
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2018
SP+ seemed like a great company to work for starting out. I worked in the Hospitality division in Washington, DC. Its structured in different tiers depending on the location size and of course the smaller ones make less. They basically sold me a dream of taking the smaller location and promised me an promotion within a year. A year and a half after and nothing. The location I worked at was near the baseball stadium so I worked well over 80 hours a week during baseball season. Which would be fine if I was hourly. I had to work overnight for 2 months straight as they don't help you at all with staffing. I wasn't even able to take more than 2 days off when my first child was born because it was baseball season. In the end they decided that my location didn't need as manager only a hourly supervisor. Funny how they determine that as soon as baseball season ends. I was offered other jobs within the company but they weren't fair. I was offered to be a supervisor. I didn't go to graduate school to be taking steps back. I would never work for this company again. The upper management is poor! The senior managers hire their buddies and family as FM'S and give them promotions that others really deserve.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Good for earning something on the side
Parking Attendant/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2018
If you plan on earning something on the side this is for you, if you plan on earning a decent living then you must be willing to work back-breaking hours.
Routine
Lane Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2018
Management did not care about employee retention. Valuable lessons as a professional though and working in a billion dollar industry. High volume of customers, staff and equipment knowledge.
Toxic Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2018
Minneapolis upper management has no professional leadership and will micro manage. They lead by fear, threats, and lies to clients and employees. Absolutely zero people skills. Will place blame on anyone but themselves. You will be thrown under the bus, in front of everyone, and run over again. When issues were reported to HR, no action was taken.

Locations are understaffed. You will work 60+ hours a week if in location management. Clients are mis-lead from Minneapolis upper management and the lies that occur from them are placed on the location manager to deal with.

My advice to potential applicants - do not work here unless you need a job to buy time. Very toxic work culture. You are better off looking elsewhere.
Pros
Decent compensation
No chance of advancement
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
I worked for SP Plus for almost three years. They state they will promote from within. Well, sure if you are a Man. Forget about a female with well over 30 years of management.
No Summary
Parking Garage Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
I have been working as a second shift manager in a garage near Lakeshore Drive. As a manager, I do not have any authority to manage the employees if needed.
Pros
Near my home
Cons
Short breaks/no breaks
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2018
I hate working at standard parking not enough leadership and enough workers. You get written up for crazy things, management is not on the same page. And its a very high turn over.
Pros
get more overtime
Cons
not enough leadership
Ok for transition job
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2018
Poor managers, no follow through with policies, no accountability for not showing up to work, sleeping on the job, etc. Great for slackers that want to collect a check.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Managers, Hr, benefits
Great management
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2018
All around good place to work. clear training, decent pay and great coworkers and management. the only thing to watch out for are work place politics.
valet
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 14, 2018
its a cool little gig to work i like the people the people and the environment the supervisors a cool everbody seem chilled i would do it again if i had to
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2018
Comfortable workplace lovely staff and management learned alot of new things and met alot of really nice people felt like a new family welcoming you into a new home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SP+. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SP+.

Powered by Comparably