Space Coast Credit Union Employee Reviews

Excellent
CALL CENTER ASSOCIATE II (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 11, 2019
Best company to work for. The management staff is amazing and the employees are friendly and kind. This is truly the best job I ever had. If I wasn't relocating, I would have never left.
It is ok at best
BSA Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 5, 2019
I'd rather not write a full review. I think my experience there would count as a 6/10 overall. I did enjoy the current CEO, he had the employees interests in mind and did some great changes.
Okay
Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Good schedule, demands a lot of work from employees for low pay.

Management is always on top to make sure employees are good.

HQ needs to understand the employees a little better.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
wage
Good employer
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 29, 2018
My experience at Space Coast Credit Union was good. Employees are a team players and supervisors are there to help when needed. Great HR employees support.
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 27, 2018
Excellent work/life balance
Very friendly work environment
High value placed on professional training and development
Excellent benefits
Tuition reimbursements
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, work culture, professional development and training
Cons
Compensation is below average
Poor, Untrained, Uneducated Management
Processor (Current Employee) –  HQNovember 7, 2018
When I began at SCCU, I had high-hopes. I was greeted with a positive work environment, supportive management, and fair pay. At the beginning of 2018, new management began to dismantle the organization that so many employees respected and appreciated. Turn over is very high-not only with regular, hourly employees, but also within management (due to extreme pay and bonus cuts). Micromanagement is a rising issue, and moral is very low across the company. Management and executives are typically condescending and uneducated, and act as if they were a cliche in high school. It is possible to move up in the company, but not based on knowledge or work ethic. Overall, Space Coast Credit Union is on the downhill, and I wouldn't advise jumping on the sinking ship.
Pros
Bank hours
Cons
Extremely poor management and low moral
Pay is not competitive, lack of communication
MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 22, 2018
The job requieres too much for the little pay that is received, you are doing a teller and a personal banker functions but getting paid less than some tellers. There is too much miscommunication between departments causing issues at the branch level.
Don't do it
Loans Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 12, 2018
This is not the company you work for if you want to advance. Terrible pay. Terrible management. Enough said. All departments are poorly managed by unhappy people that hate their jobs. And it shows. The turnover is ridiculous.
Lack of Management Skills & Abilities
Human Resources Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 7, 2018
SCCU was a decent place to work when I first began my tenure; however, HLM began making changes and the company started going downhill. New management coming in did not have the skills or knowledge to correctly manage the departments they were hired to manage. Then HLM continued with the changes and started removing the majority of employee incentives and became a very ego-centric driven organization. Very unpleasant place to work the last couple years of my tenure with SCCU.
Pros
Decent benefit package
Cons
Environment, Management, Closed Door Policy, Dress Code, Lack of Growth and employee engagement or incentives
Great Place to Work
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 10, 2018
Space Coast Credit Union is a Great Place to Work but there are some things that could be changed a little. Overall i loved working there! Good Morals and Ethics
Good overall culture
MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
Would have preferred more opportunity for advancement in my area, but overall good company to work for. Strong customer service values. They want to make the most of every member dollar.
hr joke
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 28, 2018
HR joke. they fire for no reason and with no notice or evidence. they pay is not great. only thing is their platform product is newly designed. work life balance is not there.
Very Nice Work atmosphere
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 15, 2018
Very Nice Work atmosphere, very professional, good management, excellent training, hardest part of the job , amount of calls on Mondays and after the Holliday. Some calls very complicated, due to scams and frauds (banking related).
Wish I had not left
Technical Coordinator, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 19, 2018
This is a nice place to work. The longer you work there the more people you meet. One of the worst mistakes I made was leaving my job here to relocated to the State of Georgia. If I could go back in time I would not have left.
It’s an awesome company to work for.
Member Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 26, 2018
SCCU has given me so much, I don’t know how to thank them but by striving to work hard for them. Their employee and health benefits are great. The executive management team has exceptional leadership and they always lead by example. They offer you growth opportunity and training classes to help your career path. I have never worked for a better company before. SCCU rocks!!
Poor place of employment - poor management - large turnover not a happy place in any area
HR Administrator – HRIS/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 21, 2018
no increases. very low moral , very much into clicks and mgmt did not appreciated staff, sad place to work mgmt. did not want to hear your opinion on how to improve moral and business. You only advanced on who you know not what you know sad, long term employees have the wisdom and skills that current staff will never had but they were mostly being weeded out. Management is horrible, clueless, and very condescending. Extremely long hours, lots of micromanagement, high goals, consistently hounded for production. There is way too much turnover because you get "burned out" very fast. Human Resources does not protect its employees from constant harassment from management and you WILL be fired if you voice your disliked about the environment. The moral is very low and people are unmotivated anymore. The company placed strict demands on female employees and literally controlled everything from our hair style to the height of our heels! W e HAD to wear heels EVERYDAY! Pay was LOW and management was very sneaky and not trustworthy. There was no open door policy, no transparency...nothing. They acted s if the chump change they paid was the end all and begin all to human existence. No one there liked the job, but jobs were so scarce in Florida, we really had no choice but to stay. Management is all politics and cliques, and don't apply in hopes of advancing. large turnover not a happy place in any area. My former manager and assistant manager did whatever whenever they wanted. Incredibly lazy, unprofessional and fake. If they don't like you they will make it impossible for you to work  more... there.They implement ridiculous rules which them as managers can't even follow! Management is horrible, clueless, and very condescending. Extremely long hours, lots of micromanagement, high goals, consistently hounded for production. There is way too much turnover because you get "burned out" very fast. Human Resources does not protect its employees from constant harassment from management and you WILL be fired if you voice your disliked about the environment. The moral is very low and people are unmotivated anymore. Morale was in the toilet, incompetence seems to be in the water, and if you have knowledge and experience they don't like it because it raises the bar. If you want to work here expect low pay and lower your expectations. Flipping burgers would be a better alternative and more satisfying. My tenure at SCCU taught me one valuable lesson about working there that I would like to pass on to perspective employees. Everything is black and white and nothing in-between. Thinking outside the box is not welcome. If you are yes-man (or woman), you will fit in well. Worst work experience I have had in my 30 year career. I wished I had listened to those who warned me...maybe you will...It generally takes two to four months to be hired, they do a lot of assessments but they have huge turnover. Employees are told not to go to HR with any issue (including harassment) but to go to their supervisor? Training is poor. They review you every month but they have no progressive discipline policy. Hard to find info on basic policy. They store everything on the "I" drive so it s a mess. You cant tell which policy is new or old.
Dress is very conservative. Men in suits and women in dresses and pantyhose. They bought Eastern Credit Union in South Florida and killed the morale.IT departments has many openings because the system is very old and always shuts down.
Tried calling the VP of HR several issues we had in my department but she is always on vacation or sick, never returns calls.
Pay is about 30% less than at Chase or Wells Fargo.
Offices are beautiful but stiff and sterile like the culture.
Very strict dress code which was taken a bit too far. Management as inept for their position. Very hostile work environment and not an easy company to work with. Kinda cheap on pay scale
Pros
Good location, beautiful building
Cons
Management, Human Resources does not protect you, High turnover, High pressure, low pay, Low Moral. overworked and underpaid, constantly pushing you with more work without pay.
Fun workplace
Financial Reporting Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Good place to work and has a good work culture. Gives you the opportunity to learn and interact with different departments. They value education and encourage it.
No career growth
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 12, 2018
no career growth, there are no opportunities, you work towards an end goal and the company does not offer any benefits or compensation for your hard work.
Stressful workplace
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 9, 2018
lots of advancement opportunities if you are willing to dedicated all of your time to the company. Expectations are set high and employees spread thin
Great Place to Work
Member Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLDecember 15, 2017
Depending on branch location, days can go from very slow to constant fast-paced environment. Excellent group to work with every day. Good managers to work for and will go to bat for you. There is a lot to take in if you have never worked in the banking industry before but they have great trainers and training classes in place. May require some traveling, especially in first beginning weeks of training.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Kinda cheap on pay scale