Space Coast Credit Union Culture reviews

Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 27, 2018
Excellent work/life balance
Very friendly work environment
High value placed on professional training and development
Excellent benefits
Tuition reimbursements
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, work culture, professional development and training
Cons
Compensation is below average
Poor place of employment - poor management - large turnover not a happy place in any area
HR Administrator – HRIS/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 21, 2018
no increases. very low moral , very much into clicks and mgmt did not appreciated staff, sad place to work mgmt. did not want to hear your opinion on how to improve moral and business. You only advanced on who you know not what you know sad, long term employees have the wisdom and skills that current staff will never had but they were mostly being weeded out. Management is horrible, clueless, and very condescending. Extremely long hours, lots of micromanagement, high goals, consistently hounded for production. There is way too much turnover because you get "burned out" very fast. Human Resources does not protect its employees from constant harassment from management and you WILL be fired if you voice your disliked about the environment. The moral is very low and people are unmotivated anymore. The company placed strict demands on female employees and literally controlled everything from our hair style to the height of our heels! W e HAD to wear heels EVERYDAY! Pay was LOW and management was very sneaky and not trustworthy. There was no open door policy, no transparency...nothing. They acted s if the chump change they paid was the end all and begin all to human existence. No one there liked the job, but jobs were so scarce in Florida, we really had no choice but to stay. Management is all politics and cliques, and don't apply in hopes of advancing. large turnover not a happy place in any area. My former manager and assistant manager did whatever whenever they wanted. Incredibly lazy, unprofessional and fake. If they don't like you they will make it impossible for you to work  more... there.They implement ridiculous rules which them as managers can't even follow! Management is horrible, clueless, and very condescending. Extremely long hours, lots of micromanagement, high goals, consistently hounded for production. There is way too much turnover because you get "burned out" very fast. Human Resources does not protect its employees from constant harassment from management and you WILL be fired if you voice your disliked about the environment. The moral is very low and people are unmotivated anymore. Morale was in the toilet, incompetence seems to be in the water, and if you have knowledge and experience they don't like it because it raises the bar. If you want to work here expect low pay and lower your expectations. Flipping burgers would be a better alternative and more satisfying. My tenure at SCCU taught me one valuable lesson about working there that I would like to pass on to perspective employees. Everything is black and white and nothing in-between. Thinking outside the box is not welcome. If you are yes-man (or woman), you will fit in well. Worst work experience I have had in my 30 year career. I wished I had listened to those who warned me...maybe you will...It generally takes two to four months to be hired, they do a lot of assessments but they have huge turnover. Employees are told not to go to HR with any issue (including harassment) but to go to their supervisor? Training is poor. They review you every month but they have no progressive discipline policy. Hard to find info on basic policy. They store everything on the "I" drive so it s a mess. You cant tell which policy is new or old.
Dress is very conservative. Men in suits and women in dresses and pantyhose. They bought Eastern Credit Union in South Florida and killed the morale.IT departments has many openings because the system is very old and always shuts down.
Tried calling the VP of HR several issues we had in my department but she is always on vacation or sick, never returns calls.
Pay is about 30% less than at Chase or Wells Fargo.
Offices are beautiful but stiff and sterile like the culture.
Very strict dress code which was taken a bit too far. Management as inept for their position. Very hostile work environment and not an easy company to work with. Kinda cheap on pay scale
Pros
Good location, beautiful building
Cons
Management, Human Resources does not protect you, High turnover, High pressure, low pay, Low Moral. overworked and underpaid, constantly pushing you with more work without pay.
Productive fast pace enviroment
Customer Service/Call Center/Atm Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 8, 2017
I have No Complaints, I appreciate my 14years there. Experienced Teamwork, Disciplines, Patience, Integrity and Fun. The best part of the job was the employees, we pulled together as a team to help when necessary making us capable to grow as individual. Hardest part of the job was Leaving.
Pros
Discipline, Teamwork
Cons
Department Closing
Great learning environment in customer / sales
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 30, 2017
It was a great learning experience. You get to know and understand how vidal it is for different departments to work together in achieving one goal in assisting customers.
Not worth the pay
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 20, 2017
Besides being the least paid teller/bank position in the entire county of Brevard-or central Florida for that matter, you don't get paid enough-we are required to do personal banker jobs in addition to daily teller functions-and get paid absolutely nothing for it. Management is all politics and cliques, and don't apply in hopes of advancing. You are not even allowed to apply for another position within the credit union without getting approval from your current manager-which is nearly impossible to do since all managers care about are themselves and how to make themselves look better to the district managers. You are verbally abused by members on an hourly basis, and are told to "deal with it...its all member perception and we need good surveys". Also, don't bother asking other departments for help since they claim to "not have an answer, and figure it out yourself". Oh yeah, recently began cutting hours for the entire company.
Pros
free lunch when short staffed, 401k matching, experience, benefits
Cons
short staffed, all about politics, not enough pay
moderate
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLMarch 2, 2017
This was a great starter job but there was very little advancement in the job. The work environment was great and the relationship you built with customers was amazing.
n/a
member service representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 2, 2015
The work environment is fun and the people there are very nice and helpful. I enjoy working for SCCU. The management team is very supportive and the employees work well with one another.
Great place to learn alot variety
Escrow & Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, floridaJune 22, 2015
Days were spent paying Insurance and taxes from members escrow, Escrow analysis, answering phone calls. Co-workers were not willing to share information. Hardest part of my job was not having the right tools to be successful. the most enjoyable was learning when I could
Awful!
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 28, 2014
From the very first interview they make you feel like you should feel lucky that you are even allowed to talk to them, I really should have known and run away then! They will every single day make you feel like you are total garbage and not worth higher pay. The training is awful, you learn one part of your job, go back to the branch, learn something else, go back, learn a little more... Meanwhile you are expected to remember all of this stuff across 6 months when you don't even really use it all and if you ask a question you are treated like a moron. The managers know nothing and are horrible, there is no leadership or support at all! There is such a competitive environment to get loans that my coworkers would go days without talking to me. The equipment is antiquated and breaks constantly, even the new buildings are damp and musty, the cleaning people they hire cant even manage to take out the trash so we ended up cleaning all the time. A member service specialist is supposed to do every single task in the branch, a lot of times there were only two of us in the branch, and our manager didn't even answer when we called her at the other branch she was at. We ate lunch on the clock at a desk off to the side where we couldn't be seen but we could get up and help if there was a line. If you get hired here, be prepared to constantly kiss butt, otherwise they will find a way to get rid of you. The usual reason they give is customer complaints, even if you never see the complaint and its not real, they don't care or want your side of it. Oh and the awful dress code; you are not  more... allowed to wear anything cotton, your clothes cannot come from GAP because that is casual wear. Women must wear heels at all times and if you cant afford to go shopping where the managers shop they offer to show you where you are allowed to shop and where the clearance racks are.  less
Pros
once a month they let you wear jeans
Cons
training, management, dress code, coworkers, pay, pretty much everything
Beatifful
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 7, 2014
Not a boring day, always exciting and vigorous ! Wonderful people to work with.
A great place to start
Member Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Great relationship with my co workers they are the reason I am happy to come to work everyday.Love working with my members
Pros
Flexible work schedule, incentives
Cons
Healthcare
Full time teller & platform
Member Service Special II (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 14, 2013
I have been in Customer Service for many years and enjoy assisting others. I have learned the true meaning of multi tasing. I am a team player so I prefer to work with others rather than isolated.
The hardest part of my job is consisting meeting sales goals but I have achieved 31 month continuous meeting or exceeding performance goals.
productive & fun
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 12, 2013
very fast pace job. Great workers & management I love the job. The company is good great benefits for you and your family. You can move up in company very easy if you meeting quotas.
Pros
job picnics
Cons
great benifits
Goal oriented work environment
Senior Collector (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 21, 2013
Great co-workers and family atmosphere. Goal oriented performance appraisals on a typical mid size credit union.
Pros
Medical benefits
Great place to learn about customer service.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 14, 2012
A typical day at work had a lot of customer interaction. It was my job to make sure all the customers left satisfied. It was also my task to make sure all my employees were working to achieve the same goal.
Great Company To Work For!
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 21, 2012
Space Coast Credit Union is a great company to work for. They have a strong commitment to their culture and values. The working environment is pleasant and co-workers become like family. I would highly recommend this company to someone seeking a potential career in the financial/banking industry.
Pros
incentives, paid time off, 401(k) employer match up to 5%
Cons
short breaks, health care
Poor Management, very unfriendly and unhappy workers
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 23, 2012
It generally takes two to four months to be hired, they do a lot of assements but they have huge turnover. Employees are told not to go to HR with any issue (including harassment) but to go to their supervisor? Training is poor. They review you every month but they have no progressive discipline policy. If you are there 15 years and come up short $50 on your till you are fired.
Tried calling the VP of HRon several issues we had in my department but she is always on vaction or sick, never returns calls.
Pay is about 30% less than at Chase or Wells Fargo.
Offices are beautiful but stiff and sterile like the culture.
Pros
monthly review, no credit check on employment, very conservative
Cons
long interview process, poor managers, low morale, hr dept is a joke, mis has mass turnover