SpaceX Employee Reviews

Great learning and incredible mission
Director Steering (Manufacturing and Engineering) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2018
Complete autonomy and get stuff done attitude by most early employees. Awesome to have been part of the mission. SpaceX will continue to do incredible things.
Goal driven; never a dull moment
Launch Reliability and Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CADecember 10, 2018
On a daily basis, the work changes regularly. One moment, all quiet on the western front, next moment all out role shifting and restructuring to compensate for new task demands. We, at SpaceX, are constantly on our toes and ready for whatever tasks will evolve.
Pros
Free lunch and decent benefits.
Cons
High demand for flexibility and long hours worked.
Productive and fun workplace
E3 Test Engineer (on contract) (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CADecember 8, 2018
SpaceX is the only company that flies rockets and deploys payload into space, brings it back, reuse it again, refurbish and launch it again with a new payload. How cool is that?
Pros
Free frozen yogurt, fruits. Food is awesome.
Cons
Short breaks
Nothing bad to say.
Propulsion Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CADecember 5, 2018
SpaceX is a very fast paced, motivated workplace with lots of great people and learning opportunities. There are numerous missions and launches, that take place a very rapid pace.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, on-site accommodations
Cons
Work schedule, Pay scale
Good campany
Propulsion Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 4, 2018
Benefits are great, however the pay is not he best and the work life balance sucks. they expect you to work way more than at any other company. The management is great.
Fast Paced working environment with a lot of responsibility
HR Internship (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 30, 2018
Working at SpaceX is incredibly competitive and fast paced. The culture at work is amazing and the responsibility given to Intern is more than many other jobs. I loved the high volume of work I was required to complete each day and I loved the responsibility I was given.
Coolest company ever and low pay
Welding Inspector Specialist (CWI and NDT) (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLNovember 23, 2018
SpaceX was the best job I ever had by far. Working in the space industry, there is a special bond you have with your co-workers and you feel like you are really accomplishing something. Rocket science is awesome. Prior to SpaceX, I was earning $70/hour (which is high). I came on to SpaceX at around half that rate per hour, but the promise of working 50 to 60 hours her week compensated for the lower hourly rate. After around 2 years of service, SpaceX cut all hours down to a maximum of 40 per week. This was a real gut punch financially. Without the 50+ hours, the job just did not compare to what my industry averages were. Sadly, and I mean sadly, I resigned from SpaceX in order to autocorrect my pay and earnings. The company is yet young and finding its footing. NASA and many in government may not want privatized space businesses to succeed. I would work for this company anytime and any day so long as the pay rates for the NDT and CWI career fields were appropriate.
Pros
Culture, morale, cool factor.
Cons
Low Pay
A fun continuation of college
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working as the only Vibration Test Technician as the company was growing but it got though to balance family time with work. Plus I could not refuse an offer to return to NGC.
Pros
Free snacks & yogurt
Cons
No work-life balance
Good company.
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 14, 2018
Competitive salary
Very good benefit
Overtime is mandatory
Proud to be a part of the successful space industry
Lack of support from management and human resource
Lack of parking spaces
Bad management
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 10, 2018
The peoole in the composites department are a toxic group and make it hard to enjoy being there long term. Some supervisors are ok, managers are the worst. It's a constant cycle of chasing your tail and putting out fires. To describe in one work the whole place is immature.
Awesome place to work
Integration Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 10, 2018
Great work place, and extra hours are always available if ever in need of extra cash. Most holidays are off and paid. Food court is available for $5 meals, great food!
Competive
Foundry Operator (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 8, 2018
Spacex is an excellent place to work. The atmosphere is supportive and fast moving. People take ownership of their projects. the employees are the best of the best, very smart. The only issue I have is all employees aren't college educated, some of us learned on the job. Although I spent 10 years there at the end I was made to feel like they wanted new younger employees that went to college. When Spacex started it was experienced aerospace workers that got them off the ground and now they don't want to be affiliated with aerospace. Even the job that I had (manufacturing planner) they want performed by educated engineers instead of experienced planners who grew from inside the company. If I spent 20 years being a machinist what better person tho write instructions for machining the an employee that was a machinist. That's my only gripe otherwise it is a great place to work.
Pros
Launch Rockets
Cons
No work life balance
Great place for new grads
Sr. Composite Structures Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 5, 2018
Great place for new grads. OK for junior engineers. Almost no senior engineers there because of culture fit.

Poor work/life balance. Long hours. Great perks.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches
Cons
Poor middle management
Gre company to work for.
Avionics Technician - Harness Production (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 1, 2018
Great benefits and pay. Friendly employees and team oriented. Loved being involved with rocket launches and tracking to different states. Interacting with Elon Musk was a plus.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
difficult management
Senor Additive Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAOctober 29, 2018
long days.
difficult management
great pride in work
used to be a great place to work and learn now its all about the numbers. management can fire you at any time
Pros
great lunches
Cons
long hours long drive
Terrible place to work. Avoid mission assurance.
Mission Assurance Systems Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2018
I would strongly advise anyone from working in mission assurance. Almost all of the work is very tedious, and NASA requires you to use antiquated modeling software that crashes frequently.
High paced work schedule.
1st Class Welder (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAOctober 23, 2018
Its the only place I have ever worked that had lunch, and dinner provided, car pooling to get to and from work, and a true care for their employees. The commute can be rough and you're not home a lot.
Pros
Free food, coffee and donuts, the pay is insanely good.
Cons
Work hours are brutal, Long commutes to and, from Vandenburgh AFB
fun place to work
Material Handler/ Expediter (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXOctober 15, 2018
Awesome place to work! Lunches are cooked fresh daily, benefits are great. They offer discounts in my area on oil changes, restaurants, etc. Stock shares.
Pros
Lunch
Better than most
Integration Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAOctober 15, 2018
They lowball new hires on salary. Almost 2 years, no reviews, no raises. Often doing work I was not hired to do because management of workflow is non-existant in the factory, it's moving from one fire to the next. Not over run with liberals, a plus.
Fast paced environment,
Propulsion Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAOctober 15, 2018
Was a great inviroment to work, mostly everyone is friendly. Work is fast paced never any down time which is something I like. There’s all the available tools needed to get the job done. Lean and organized work areas. Lots of benefits.
Pros
Lunch/food, lots of benefits
Cons
Very strict management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpaceX. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SpaceX.

Powered by Comparably