SpaceX Employee Reviews

I worked there.
Structural Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CA 90250May 20, 2018
It was a good place at the start but got more stupid by the day. It was not a good experience in my opinion. I worked there on the Falcon rocket, stage 2.
Excellent experience
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXMay 20, 2018
One of the best job that I have ever had. I am unable to discuss my job duties due to propietary information but it was an exciting place to work and I urge anyone who has the chance to do it.
Pros
Good pay
Fast paced, high pressure
Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXMay 15, 2018
In summary, if your and Engineer here your god. If your not, your dirt. 50hr a week minimum but 60+ is the norm for techs. Bonuses and raises are poor to non-existent.Overall pay is less than industry because they bank on the fact that everyone wants to work here.
yuk
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXApril 20, 2018
don't work for them not worth the effort. treat you like your nobody. you are the bottom of the totem pole treat you like lower end of the food chain. work you like a dog with no appreciation
Mission to Mars! or Die Trying
The Guy (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 20, 2018
Not sure how much I can write here given all the ITAR stuff so I dont necessarily want to add it in. If you can find a position here where you are not stressed, get paid well, and feel like you can advance come let me know about it!
Management is constantly leaning on the employees to meet "goals" which in turn pads their pockets with bonuses.
day at space x
Lead receiving Inspector/Lead Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 11, 2018
a typical day is starting my day following up with the first shift lead making sure we can complete any unfinished jobs or issues that came up during the day, i have learned many skills as being a lead and how to incouraage a team to get the best outcome from any stituation. Managemnet has a strong trust in there leads and what needs to be accomplished every day. Work day and culture is very fast paced and up beat, team memebers always willing to help others, and i always want my team to feel free to come to me with any problems so i can train and resolve the issue together.
Pros
Pay, benefits and team work
Cons
very long hours are hard sometimes
Spacex
Composite production lead of interstage assembly (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 10, 2018
Spacex is a great company if you do not have kids. If you have a family consider that life to be non existent...... I worked at spacex for 5 years and wouldn't look back .
SpaceX Review
Launch IT Support (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FLApril 7, 2018
SpaceX at Cape Canaveral is a really great place to work. The IT department and the manager are the best people I've ever worked with. You work very hard and at times long hours. I did it for 4 years but was looking for a cheaper place to buy a house so I moved to North Carolina

I recommend SpaceX to anyone who is in the IT field and lives around Cape Canaveral, FL
good
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 5, 2018
This place was great to work FREE food , the people is great to work unfortunaly it was onky a contrat position
Awesome!
Data & Control Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 4, 2018
There are down times and there are times where it can be fast-paced but with all it has to offer it is a great place to meet hard working people and learn as much as possible
Great place to work.
Structures Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 31, 2018
Receiving assignments from supervisor in the morning.
Many new things to learn.
Job was well supervised and management cared about the product.
Workplace culture was great with many employees offering help.
Hardest part of the job was waiting for someone to inspect the work.
Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and working with top of the line aerospace equipment.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Long hours.
Good Job that has alot of growth
Composites Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 13, 2018
Management needs changing. They hire people for management that have no business being there. they need to hire people with alot more experience hands on
Cons
No 401k, managers dont give bonuses
High Stress
PROPULSION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 7, 2018
Stressful and long hours. 10 hour days, six days a week minimum Long term outlook of F9 program is unsure as they are ramping production back. Benefits are a bit lacking.
Pros
WOW factor
Cons
Management, hours
Productive and Fun Place to Work
SpaceX Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAMarch 6, 2018
Here you work hard and arty harder. The views are outstanding, the people are great, and the job is fulfilling. The compensation and benefits are the best around.
Great People to work with
Structures Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 6, 2018
Work would fluctuate, Thanks to all the people that helped me learn those little Veteran technics. Management would change so much some good some not.The most enjoyable part was learning the skills of the trade.
Phenomenal Company doing incredible things
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 2, 2018
SpaceX is doing incredible things and is at least 5 years ahead of competitors in terms of technology. You have a ton of responsibility and the ability to succeed. However, be prepared for long hours and a lot of stress
Productive and fast paced workplace
Launch Intern (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Working at SpaceX is a dream for those wanting to do whatever it reasonably takes to get a job done. On the other hand, everyone is expected to do just that, so it is easy to get peer pressured (and even outright required at times) to work 70+ hour weeks. Full-time employees are mostly not compensated for overtime, so this would be tough if you want to spend more time with family and friends.
Pros
Free or cheap lunches, free gym, productive environment, exciting work
Cons
Stressful environment
Awesome job!
Inventory Control Specialist/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Working at SpaceX was one of the best work experiences I ever had during my career. The best company I ever worked for, I would have liked to have been hired on permanent.
Best job ever
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Everything was great, free food and beer, lots of activity, great people, very smart people to be around, learn a lot, great pay, close to home, FREE FOOD.
Pros
everything o.k.
Cons
nothing
Stressful environment, but excellent end product
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Highly stressful, very poor work/life balance, management changes constantly, and advancement opportunities are few and far between. Politics play a big role in getting a chance to move into a new position, and it takes a lot of pestering HR and management to make it happen.

In the end you are working on something great, and when you see the end result you feel reassured and proud of what part you and your team have played in making it happen.
Pros
Free Coffee, Frozen Yogurt, Employee Discounts on Shirts and Swag, Good Benefits
Cons
Newer Employees get little shares of stock, Long Days, Tough Hours, Mangement Changes Too Much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpaceX. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.