SpaceX Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No life. High stress.
Fluid Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 10, 2018
More work than the minimal staff can handle. Overworked, below average pay. Not a good job for a family person. Constant back and forth between night and day shift.
Pros
Make money
Cons
No time to spend it.
Lead/Manager Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 8, 2018
It is such a great place to work. The environment can be stressful but the reward of every launch makes it worth it. The standards are very high here but it pushes you to be the best at your position.
Cons
life/work balance
Amazing
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 7, 2018
The best part of working at SpaceX is to see your hard work go in the air! Seeing the results of hard work was very fulfilling! SpaceX is still a fairly new company considering the industry, but it's made leaps and bounds with progress.
Pros
Very rewarding work
Cons
Pay could be better
Fast paced and exciting place to work.
Avionics Harness Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work! Great benefits, good pay and plenty room to grow with in the company. Demands a lot of overtime and weekend work. A good work/life balance is hard to achieve.
Pros
Great benefits and decent pay
Cons
Lots of required overtime
Tough and rewarding
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 27, 2018
Spacex requires a lot of hours but the outcome of watching Rockets Launch live in to orbit. Very tough company to work for with the constant changes to better every rocket. No safety regards at all in the work place.
Pros
Paid well and benefits were great
Cons
long hours and no time off
Fun Place to work
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAJuly 25, 2018
Great place to work willing to let you improve to become useful to the company. Got into young and inexperienced, but learned years of skills in 6 months, sadly did not get to continue my experience at this company Tons of overtime but flexible if you need to do something outside of work.
Pros
Free lunch, cheap swag, get to watch launches
High-pased work environment.
Porter (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXJuly 22, 2018
Physically demanding job. Excellent benefits. Overall a low company moral. As for my particular department I felt the management had a lot of room to grow. Slow career advancement opportunities. Not a lot of opportunities for raises.
At SpaceX, 12 hours is half a day
Launch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAJuly 16, 2018
To work at SpaceX you need to be passionate about your work, it is going to consume your life. Engineers frequently work 60+ hours. They brag about sleeping at the office, because they are so busy. Passion is not enough, you also need to be relatively intelligent and competent. Contrary to popular belief you don't need to be brilliant, only be able to learn and be willing to work continuously.
Pros
Lunch provided onsite
Cons
No time for non-SpaceX friends
Production first
Lead Propulsion Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 14, 2018
Firstly SpaceX can be a great place to work and does amazing things all the time. However quality, process improvements and team welfare are non-existent.
Pros
Benfits and mission statement
Cons
Low quality, poor leadership and planning
Forever Changing and Growing
Dragon Lead Sub- Assemblies Technician 2nd Shift (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work. New challenges everyday. We are building the future for the continued existence of mankind. We strive to begin colonization of Mars in the near future.
Overall good people to work with and very helpful. Everyone works well together to get the job done!
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 10, 2018
It's been a great experience working at SpaceX. Benefits are great, and the perks that are provided to every employee are excellent! The work can be very exciting if you're in the right position.
Pros
benefits, perks, location
Cons
work/life balance, short breaks
Work hard for a cool company.
Test Operations Engineer II (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXJuly 10, 2018
You will work hard and work long hours, but you are part of a small group of people who get the pleasure of launching rockets on a regular basis. Better for young, driven people without commitments to distract from working.
good company to work for
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJuly 10, 2018
Welded stainless pipe every day and had three breaks. They offered free breakfast and lunch along with snacks and drinks through out the day. A well run company.
Pros
free food
Cons
low per diem
Awesome Place to work
Avionics Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hawethorne, CAJuly 9, 2018
Amazing place to work and be a part of an amazing organization doing amazing things in the advancement of rockets and space flight.The job culture challenges you everyday to be your best. You do work a lot of overtime hours without any benefits given.
Exciting Environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 5, 2018
Amazing place to work if you're looking for an inspiring, fast-paced environment. Employees are extremely passionate about what they do and are willing to put in the hours for the success of the company.
I loved working for spaceX and it was torn away from me because of 2 people having a affair on the job
Structural Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 3, 2018
I worked very hard, I was on time, got along with my co workers, I worked overtime and loved what I was doing on a day today basis. I learned All my duties at the job very fast paced engineer and work orders or followed. If there was something not to my knowledge I would ask my supervisor or manager on duty but I never left any Job done without knowing what to do. I was very communicative with my supervisor and manager when it came to my job
Pros
The lunch was amazing like a restaurant
Cons
jealous coworkers trying to get you fired for nothing.
I do not wish to share my opinion of working there
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJune 29, 2018
Please take the time to review conditions at this employer before applying. I would like to defer commenting myself but would advise researching this particular employer.
Best job I've worked
Data, Controls, and Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXJune 25, 2018
The greatest thing about working for SpaceX was the days that they would have a launch. We'd watch the launch and the first stage re-entry and landing. It was a direct result of the work that I was performing, and it led to huge job satisfaction. The culture at SpaceX is phenomenal.
Intense Work
Avionics Mechanical Integration Intern (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJune 23, 2018
The work was very intense and interns got to take on a lot of responsibilities. However, the work-life balance was terrible. The pay for the interns were pretty good, but the pay for the full-time employees were not.
Stressful, but Fulfilling
Composites Manufacturing Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJune 20, 2018
If you are trying to have a work-life balance, this job is not for you. If you want to work a lot of overtime, and do something that has a major impact on the future of humanity, this is a job for you. Although the company has production standards, they are not always followed on the floor, and this can be stressful if you are from a traditional aerospace background.