SpaceX
Here to help
Coronavirus update

SpaceX Employee Reviews

United States498 reviews
In my department the workplace is fun but stressful. Some of the equipment is outdated and needs improvements or replacement which is left to us to perform. We as technicians perform many of the tasks of an engineer each day, but are only paid as a technician. Due to production rates continuously increasing, there is little to no time to design or implement changes to tooling, thus mental stress builds higher.
The benefits and perks of the company are great and the future of the company is beyond exciting. You receive shares in the companies stock and can purchase shares with each check.
Pros
Work culture, benefits, hours
Cons
High stress, big workloads, often times tight deadlines
This place is not for everyone. But if you are ambitious about being a part of the company’s long-term goal, and eager to accelerate your personal growth, there is no better place to work.
Space X is a good company. Although I feel it is very hard to work your way up in the company. The work life balance is something very difficult to deal with. Wanting to go back to school seems like it may be unobtainable.
Pros
Discounts on lunch, great place to start in tbe industry, a lot of training and knowledge
Cons
Leadership is lacking, management is lazy, hard to work into a higher position
Come in, grab a coffee, check your emails, and go.
I learned that having a work life balance is important.

Management is your best friend at SpaceX, they will vouch for you if you communicate, within reason.

The culture is inclusive and mellow, yet there is an emphasis on quality and scheduling. The hardest part of the job is the stop and go nature of high quality driven production. Adaptability is key when working here. The most rewarding part of working at SpaceX is the vast amount of expertise you will learn through your work.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, Relatively quick advancement oppurtunities, long breaks, Subsidized meals and beverages.
Cons
Family healthcare is expensive, 10+ hours overtime per week, commuting is a nightmare.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Before joining SpaceX at 2020 I've read multiple reviews stating the work life balance is terrible. I was ready for the 80 hour work weeks but to my surprise they gave me the OPTION to work 8 hours 5 days a week or more. There is plenty of holidays and vacation time. Work culture is amazing and the people that I work with are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Work culture, employee discounts, great supervisors.
Cons
No 401k matching
Great to get your foot in the door, but terrible if you think you're going to retire from this company. You'll work on cutting edge rocketry. You'll be amazed at how organized and efficient this company is. I do recommend this company to individuals whom are serious about starting in Aerospace.
Most mid management will throw you under the buss or stab you in the back to make them selves look good in upper management's eye's. They will blackmail you and threaten you with your job, don't expect HR to help. They are their to cover the company's behind.

Good luck to all looking to join this company!
Pros
The experience and knowledge gained
Cons
Everything else
to be honest the work place is alright upper management is the problem supervisors and leaders don't even know what they are doing and in any other places I have never seen a helper jump to a leader position so spacex where the helpers weld and the welders clean jajajajj so ironic.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
upper management
Always in awe of all that we accomplish. I started with very little experience and had to learn everything on the job. 9 months later and my role has expanded to more responsibilities.
Pros
Free froyo
Cons
Short 30min lunch break in a 12 hour shift.
Management needs work. Most Managers & Lead techs are more worried and involved with personal life and being in personal groups at work. Instead of being a leader they like to play with their cell phones while the real team players work with each other. Witnessing managers and leads make fun of other employees is a unsettling feeling in the work place. Some coworkers are the best a person could ask for and others come into work smelling like a Alcohol and or have poor attitude towards life. When you have a manager calling you names and or making fun of how you dress is the type of work environment you will be looking forward too. Never would I have thought working here this would be an issue. If you don't fit in they will feed you a negative positive feed back by saying great job or keep up the hard wok but unfortunately gets turned around when it gets to management. It's a great company to work lot of great people for but unfortunately I now understand why turnover is so high.
Pros
Health Insurance, Pay
Cons
Your work will be very under appreciated, you will have to look over your shoulder 100 times a day. You can get fired for any little thing you do wrong and they WILL treat your like a criminal when that happens. The only reason people work there is for the money and the food. Work and home life balance is nonexistent.
Pros
Food
Cons
Everything else
Management plays favortism , hours are crazy they discipline although working overtime. I feel there unfair and it is hard to move up in ranks. Would recommend to anyone with no life
Long days for a good cause While SpaceX has made significant advances in space technology, it currently makes money purely by launching satellites into low earth orbit and by transporting cargo to and from the International Space Station. Notably, the company charges customers much less per launch compared to other players.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
At SpaceX I have new experiences and learned new tasks which I will utilize in my daily work environment. I find it interesting of how strick the post orders are for security officers inside and outside the property.
All they want you to work. The work described to you in the interview may not be the work you do if you’re hired. I had my schedule changed multiple time and it got worse each time. Management does not care about second shift. Engineers may be smart but lack common sense. Engineers also try to control everything and it’s annoying. Let the workers work and stop getting in the way.
Before whoever reads this, I want to say that I have nothing against SPACEX, aerospace or Elon Musk and his passion for space exploration...Working with spacex at the Boca Chica location was one of my personal goals in my trade.. I was proud to work with spacex and be a part of space exploration and our mission..Until a month into working there, you will find out that there is A LOT of competition/lack of information sharing on purpose for production growth between team leaders which really affects the work performance on the other teams (which is the main goal of the opposing team in the first place) only to get a head start on production and to look good in front of the supervisors and upper management.. I was in morning shift, and the “team leader” Noe from the mid day shift who was not even MY team lead just plain didn’t like me and a couple of other welders in our crew, I have also confirmed and made sure of this that this is true by phone calls and emails to higher sources because I was shocked that all of a sudden I get a call form Human Resources department that my employment has been terminated due to “lack of performance” and they could not explain why when I asked what was the reason.. which did not match the positive reports on my performance I was getting in person from MY team leaders...and on top of all this, it was on the same day I was told to take a mandatory COVID test and was told I’d be paid for the days I would be off from work whether positive or not, which I was not paid, how convenient right?.... So, aside from truly working hard and focusing on being - more...
Pros
Good benefits, being a part of history and something great, free food and by the beach
Cons
Upper management could use some improvement
The chain of command is a joke. Everyone there has no respect for one another supervisor and leads have there favorites. You can be doing your job and someone will still come and tell you that why hasn’t it been finished some people haven’t even been allowed to take the weld tests but since they know how the leads make them weld with the pay as a support technician leads except respect but someone behind there backs telling everyone that they don’t know how to weld and fit over all this is the worst job I have ever worked at with some much D6
Pros
Free food and equipment and health benefits
Cons
Bad chain of command
Working for SpaceX was one of the most interesting places I've worked as far as welding goes. Something new everyday. They take excellent care of employees and offer great benefits. they supply food and drinks to be consumed at your leisure. taking breaks while remaining productive is encouraged. plenty of overtime as well, usually working 6-12's or 7-10's.
Pros
free food, lots of hours, stress free environment.
Cons
uncertain job security.
I do not recommend anyone working at this terrible place. After all the hype and glamour, this place is just not a good choice for employment. Idiot managers, moronic supervisors, and a toxic culture unlike no place else on earth.
Pros
Cons
Everything and anything you can think of
SpaceX has a culture focused on doing hard things, taking measures risk, and learning from failure. I loved working for Elon, because he put his money where his mouth was. I am glad to have played a small part in the story of reusable rockets.
Pros
Good pay, opportunity to learn and grow, plenty of work
Cons
Work is life.
Exciting workplace, expect to work a lot of hours. Depending on department management can be very supportive and understand of personal needs and schedule.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lots of hours
Great place to work! I've worked at many other aerospace companies and this is by far the best! I took a pretty large pay cut but sometimes money can't buy happiness. Go demo 2!