SPAR Field Services logo
SPAR Field Services

SPAR Field Services Employee Reviews

Great flexability and working with the professionals in independent pharmacies is great!

Working in independent pharmacies is challenging and rewarding, by interacting with professionals that truly care about their customers. Yet, a few bad apples in management with SPAR can and have ruined my opinion of the company as a whole. There are great people to work with and there are terrible people to work with....and its sad that those people with obvious mental instability are allowed to remain in management positions.

Pros

The flexible schedule is what i like best about this job

Cons

The pay is not great compared to the knowledge required to do the job adequately. And, the paperwork and mileage reporting can be overwhelming due to not being paid adequately for either.

The more you know the less money you make

I worked for this company for almost 2 years there is alot of favoritism within the company its hard to get a raise all the supervisors do is lie they talk to people like they ant nothing. On most of the jobs you can make more money at a fast food restaurant the only good thing about the job is the miles and the people that you get to meet

Pros

Miles

Cons

No insurance

Low Pay

Travel exclusively for Spar, hotels they get for you are basically flea bag hotels that most people will refuse to stay in for safety and security reasons. You do not get paid for travel time/mileage UNLESS you travel to another city and stay overnight to accomplish your work task. With the extremely low per hourly pay and no travel expense per se for local travel, it does not pay to work locally for Spar. You can on some occasions negotiate for better hotel to make the travel worth it along with meal expense and travel expense and you can then make a decent wage and enjoy the work you are contracting for. A lot of the work however is a definite pay by job wage, example $7.50 to straighten and order gift cards, irregardless of how long it takes you to do the job, which means the jobs normally aren't done correctly or finished if someone gets paid $10.00 an hour and you have pay for 45 minutes listed, yet they want you to work min an hour to hour and a half to do job. Have to be very careful of work being assigned.

Pros

Traveling to new areas

Cons

no travel expense for local, horrible hotel

Fun work environment

I basically liked the flexibility to be able to complete assignments by the end of the week. I could easily schedule appointments around my work schedule. It was not a regular 9:00 am to 5:00pm which is excellent for me. The only thing I did not like the assignments did not pay enough for your time.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Not enough pay

lots of work

good job with lots of work and a lot of traveling around from store to store and sometimes even from city to city. if you communicate with your supervisor things are better.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great supervisor. Enjoy the type of work offered.

The hotel accommodations are terrible, cheap and most of the time frustrating. SPAR is very cheap in that aspect. They do NOT give any raises and rarely give incentives. If not for the fact I am retired and enjoy the merchandising type of jobs, would not subcontract with SPAR.

Pros

Enjoyable jobs, travel.

Cons

Low pay, terribly cheap hotel accommodations.

Independent Contractor Position

It's nice that you can that you can set your own hours. But training is limited, and it was hard to get a hold of a supervisor if you had a question. It is a physical job, doing resets.

Pros

Set your own hours

Cons

Compensation is minimal

Loved Spar

From the interview to my last day I loved everything about Spar, the only reason I no longer work there is because I had to come off of the road, I can no longer physically do so much traveling.

Cons

They employ lazy, unmotivated, and honery people.

I really liked my job at Spar and would go back but they employ people that show up but won't work and the people who work but occasionally have to miss they don't call them back! Makes no sense!

Pros

Milage and peridium

Cons

Lazy disrespectful employees

Awful company to work for

This company does not care about their employees. You are a way for them to make a profit. Most people that work for this company are independent contractors.

Pros

Make on scheduling

Cons

Everything else

Jobs at SPAR Field Services

See more jobs

Ample work

The job was amazing and the people I met were too... great company however full reset planograms and normal service often takes longer than what they are willing to pay you for. Lo ed what I did, but didn't like the money after they quit paying mileage it was no longer worth it for the distance I was going. There was no real training and luckily I had previous experience as often we worked by oursves.

Pros

Strong work load

Cons

No paid proper compensation for true amount of work done..

Flexible work. You control your hours

Great people, learning something new each week. I am at ease with many years background working in the retail business. You have a great network of help if you need anything by phone, online or in person.

Pros

I am not rushed when completing a project.

Exploitation of Field Reps

In areas where field reps are scarce SPAR will assign extra and expect you to run. During slow periods SPAR will assign projects where traveling up to 500 plus miles away but not adequately compensate their reps for wear and tear on their vehicles. I would not recommend SPAR for people who live in remote areas as their pay is abysmally low and there are no plans in place for pay increase based on rep loyalty or length of time with the company.

Pros

Cons

No benefits, ill planned project timing, expecting reps to put in 104plus hours on one project in a day.

Sometimes Managers where heard to reach

Overall I enjoyed working for SPAR, but sometimes it was difficult to find a Manager for questions when I needed one. The travel time wasn't paid based on the National pay. It was more like an arrangement with the District Manager and the Merchandiser, then it ended up being lower than the legal mileage pay. Sometimes I just thought it wasn't worth it to travel as a MS Specialist for a law pay. The Hotels when I traveled, where not more than 3 stars, hard for me to get a good accommodation.

Strait forward and no micromanaging!

It was very easy for me to understand the tasks and the communicate with my supervisors. The application for your phone worked well and made it easy to have all the information at your fingertips anytime. And the assignments were always very strait forward and your allowed a lot of freedom to work when and how you want to. I had over 10 years of retail experience before I worked for them, but the merchandising directions and plan o grams were just like every other company I ever worked for. So as long as you have worked for a larger company in retail before, it would be a cake walk for you.

Poor management

Poor management that gives no direction and merchandising stores did not understand my position, they often attempted to make me do work that their other in-store employees were required to do.

Love my job

Love my job. Have the best boss ever. Never a boring day. Always something I can improve when setting schematic. This is the only job that I have had where if I need to take a day off due to family issues I can.

Flexibility

Very good company to work for. Very flexible and you can work your own schedule however they do require a lot of travel to job sites. They have no benefits but do pay for your traveling expenses.

Amazing company!

I highly recommend this company to anyone. Flexible hours, variety of locations. Great pay, mileage pay. Hard but fun work projects. They’re always understanding

Good company to work for but not enough hours

You go from getting 30-40 hours one week to 5-10 hours the next week. Seasonal greeting cards only pay $5 per store. If you have bills to pay this isn’t the job for you. This is good for a side job but not a main source of income. The managers are great and the work overall is good. If they would give more hours and pay a little more for certain jobs then it would be better.

Pros

Managers and make your own schedule

Cons

Pay compensation and amount of hours given

Great place

Great place to work if you love adventure you can get it here great pay people friendly great hours always changing surroundings but always safe traveling with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPAR Field Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare SPAR Field Services with