SPAR Field Services
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

SPAR Field Services Employee Reviews

United States168 reviews

flexibility,

up to the individual to get it done, no one looking over your shoulder, flexible time frames in which to get work done. Compensation for travel is low

Pros

flexibility

Cons

some of the work can be fairly physical exertion, these assignments should provide more compensation. Mileage compensation is LOW.

Originally was a great company...

But, after the "loudest" were promoted instead of the most deserving, or most knowledgeable the company went straight in the toilet. If you like to brown nose, and do half way work, this is the company for you.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, garbage motels, no raises

SPAR Field Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Nice place for part-time

You could make a career out of it. It's up to you, how much you want to work. Full-time and part-time work available. Full-time work comes with benefits.

Not a career

Horrible company treats reps poorly makes all employees 1099 but then tries to control you. Demanding but pays a pitiful wage this is more a hobby than a job surely nobody would make this a career because it never will be. Supervisors are horrible they reassign your work to someone else with out your knowledge harass you till you do it. Mileage pay is horrible and requires you to submit it to them.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Pages of stuff

The harder your a worker the more your called on.

The hard workers are expected to work hard enough for the workers that refuse to work. It’s a very divided team. So there are favorites that will totally refuse to do something. And there are the workers that try to get the job done and are ask to even clean up after the favorites. Pay is to low for the hard workers. Can’t get your predim on time. A lot of rules but none are followed threw with if your on the favorites list. Looking for something else .

Pros

Cons

Pay

Great flexability and working with the professionals in independent pharmacies is great!

Working in independent pharmacies is challenging and rewarding, by interacting with professionals that truly care about their customers. Yet, a few bad apples in management with SPAR can and have ruined my opinion of the company as a whole. There are great people to work with and there are terrible people to work with....and its sad that those people with obvious mental instability are allowed to remain in management positions.

Pros

The flexible schedule is what i like best about this job

Cons

The pay is not great compared to the knowledge required to do the job adequately. And, the paperwork and mileage reporting can be overwhelming due to not being paid adequately for either.

The more you know the less money you make

I worked for this company for almost 2 years there is alot of favoritism within the company its hard to get a raise all the supervisors do is lie they talk to people like they ant nothing. On most of the jobs you can make more money at a fast food restaurant the only good thing about the job is the miles and the people that you get to meet

Pros

Miles

Cons

No insurance

Easy

It's an easy job. You're an independent contractor, so you either accept or refuse an assignment. You can choose the days you want to go out and do an assignment as long as you complete it by the due date (say start date of 6/14-6/18) and don't go over time cap. Previous experience in retail makes it even easier.

Pros

Set your own schedule. No taxes taken from checks

Cons

Biweekly pay

Fun work environment

I basically liked the flexibility to be able to complete assignments by the end of the week. I could easily schedule appointments around my work schedule. It was not a regular 9:00 am to 5:00pm which is excellent for me. The only thing I did not like the assignments did not pay enough for your time.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Not enough pay

lots of work

good job with lots of work and a lot of traveling around from store to store and sometimes even from city to city. if you communicate with your supervisor things are better.

Great supervisor. Enjoy the type of work offered.

The hotel accommodations are terrible, cheap and most of the time frustrating. SPAR is very cheap in that aspect. They do NOT give any raises and rarely give incentives. If not for the fact I am retired and enjoy the merchandising type of jobs, would not subcontract with SPAR.

Pros

Enjoyable jobs, travel.

Cons

Low pay, terribly cheap hotel accommodations.

Independent Contractor Position

It's nice that you can that you can set your own hours. But training is limited, and it was hard to get a hold of a supervisor if you had a question. It is a physical job, doing resets.

Pros

Set your own hours

Cons

Compensation is minimal

Loved Spar

From the interview to my last day I loved everything about Spar, the only reason I no longer work there is because I had to come off of the road, I can no longer physically do so much traveling.

Cons

They employ lazy, unmotivated, and honery people.

I really liked my job at Spar and would go back but they employ people that show up but won't work and the people who work but occasionally have to miss they don't call them back! Makes no sense!

Pros

Milage and peridium

Cons

Lazy disrespectful employees

Awful company to work for

This company does not care about their employees. You are a way for them to make a profit. Most people that work for this company are independent contractors.

Pros

Make on scheduling

Cons

Everything else

Ample work

The job was amazing and the people I met were too... great company however full reset planograms and normal service often takes longer than what they are willing to pay you for. Lo ed what I did, but didn't like the money after they quit paying mileage it was no longer worth it for the distance I was going. There was no real training and luckily I had previous experience as often we worked by oursves.

Pros

Strong work load

Cons

No paid proper compensation for true amount of work done..

Flexible work. You control your hours

Great people, learning something new each week. I am at ease with many years background working in the retail business. You have a great network of help if you need anything by phone, online or in person.

Pros

I am not rushed when completing a project.

Exploitation of Field Reps

In areas where field reps are scarce SPAR will assign extra and expect you to run. During slow periods SPAR will assign projects where traveling up to 500 plus miles away but not adequately compensate their reps for wear and tear on their vehicles. I would not recommend SPAR for people who live in remote areas as their pay is abysmally low and there are no plans in place for pay increase based on rep loyalty or length of time with the company.

Pros

Cons

No benefits, ill planned project timing, expecting reps to put in 104plus hours on one project in a day.

Sometimes Managers where heard to reach

Overall I enjoyed working for SPAR, but sometimes it was difficult to find a Manager for questions when I needed one. The travel time wasn't paid based on the National pay. It was more like an arrangement with the District Manager and the Merchandiser, then it ended up being lower than the legal mileage pay. Sometimes I just thought it wasn't worth it to travel as a MS Specialist for a law pay. The Hotels when I traveled, where not more than 3 stars, hard for me to get a good accommodation.

Strait forward and no micromanaging!

It was very easy for me to understand the tasks and the communicate with my supervisors. The application for your phone worked well and made it easy to have all the information at your fingertips anytime. And the assignments were always very strait forward and your allowed a lot of freedom to work when and how you want to. I had over 10 years of retail experience before I worked for them, but the merchandising directions and plan o grams were just like every other company I ever worked for. So as long as you have worked for a larger company in retail before, it would be a cake walk for you.

Poor management

Poor management that gives no direction and merchandising stores did not understand my position, they often attempted to make me do work that their other in-store employees were required to do.

Common questions about SPAR Field Services

Answered by current and former employees at SPAR Field Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPAR Field Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits