Spare Time Entertainment Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
poor quality
Kitchen Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 22, 2018
hires employees who don't care about company policy or procedure will never let anyone pass the 39 hour limit so no chance to make a real career no advancment
Productive and Fun work place!
Birthday Hostess (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 9, 2018
I love working here it’s a fun enjoyable atmosphere! They were so accommodating while I was pregnant and after birth they waited until I was ready to come back
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Most likely you won’t take breaks
Great job for young adults
Customer service/ meet the needs of the people (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 2, 2018
fun place to work system takes a little time to learn everything. But coworks are awsome and people that come into the bulding are fun and really nice, every now and again you will get a not so nice customer
Pros
free food, free games
Cons
no healthcare, manager
Fun workplace but chaotic and understaffed
Server (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 24, 2018
This is my account of the time I worked at Spare Time Entertainment: I assisted in the opening of the business and thoroughly loved the ambiance of the establishment and a few of the assistant managers were just wonderful people who did a great job with what they were given when opening an establishment, rarely saw and/or spoke with the general manager at the time...he would disappear at important moments or situational chaos, Understaffed, Weekly security issues including customers smoking in bathroom and employees being close to being held at gunpoint by group of gang members, this place could have been managed more carefully and closely while I was there.
Pros
Employee parties and games
Cons
Chaotic, understaffed, lack of manager attention
Most fun Job to have!!!
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 8, 2018
I started to work for Spare Time Entertainment at the Colchester VT location in April of 2017, at the time I was working Front Desk, I was then promoted about a month and a half later to Manager on Duty (due to past working experience and positive review), and was closing 4 days a week, I LOVED IT! it was the hours I liked to work and my co-workers were great as well! I loved my managers and had an awesome time at work! I didn’t dread going to work like I would if I worked somewhere else! But, December 2017 I found out I was pregnant and it got to be a medical issue when it came to things like lifting the bowling balls, and serving food, so I turned in my 2 weeks and I wish I could’ve continued working through my pregnancy! When I’m no longer pregnant maybe I can come back to Spare Time Entertainment.
Pros
99¢ games of bowling, 50% off food, flexible hours, great atmosphere, awesome staff
Fast paced
Chef (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 29, 2017
Workers were dedicate to customer satisfaction and the managers always did their best to keep all workers satisfied. If I didn't have to move I was going to be made manager.
Unprofessional
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 17, 2017
I was unsatisfied with the level of professionalism I have been shown since I was hired. I quit after 4 days of working. A front desk manager would talk about employees in front of others. No proper training and very relaxed atmosphere. There is no team or leadership among staff but they are are very nice associates. Things are very unorganized and probably have no plans of fixing the problems.I became very frustrated with how things operate during my training and concluded it wasn't worth my time. Ideal if you want something easy and chill.
Pros
discounts
Cons
unprofessional
Spare Time was a great company to work for, if everyone worked together.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALDecember 16, 2017
Spare Time Entertainment was a an overall great company to work for, it would make it a better place if everyone worked together as a team to complete task and work towards a better work environment.
Pros
Relaxed atmorsphere
Cons
So relaxed to many things are let go when they should have been addressed.
If you only want very few hours, this is the place too be.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2017
If you are a bartender, and last one hired, expect too have the worst days, you will get no parties, and if you are a hard worker, you will be cleaning up after the other bartenders. I don't recommend this job to a very hard working individual whatsoever.
Pros
50% employee meal discount
Cons
No hours, unfairness is ridiculous, poor management.
Porter
Porter (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 7, 2017
Working at Spare Time was one of the biggest mistake of my life, they did not give me any hours. I was barely paid and the time I did work there its was nothing to compare to the I worked at.
Fun workplace
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTAugust 26, 2017
Spare Time was a great place to work and if I moved back home to CT, I would definitely be applying there again. This time maybe even full time instead of part time.
Management isn't great, but good place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 11, 2017
It's a pretty easy job, but I didn't really learn anything new. Didn't think I would though. Management could be changed, the workplace culture is good...Hard to get hours though, since they're always hiring.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Management sucks, Hours suck
Upbeat, fun, and most employed there doing there jobs very well!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 8, 2017
Great place! Unfortunately, I was a bartender and there were so many, you could not get enough hours to make a living. Every single time one would quit, immediately another would be hired, If you mentioned, that another bartender wasn't needed, management would say, we have to have lots of bartenders. So all in all guys, this job would only be good for a bartender, who is looking to work very few hours, in the neighborhood of only 15 per week. Excellent management here as well, they care about their employees, something that is very hard too come by, in this day and time!
Pros
Excellent money
Cons
No breaks!
Fun work place
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
It was a nice vibrant place to work. Very friendly coworkers. I was always on my feet. I was a food runner, I run there food to the bowling lanes. And provide the customers with anything if the needed condonments.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Sometimes you didn't have a break
Fun and enjoyable employer to work for
Porter (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 27, 2017
Being able to work in multiple departments was a plus. Having the opportunity to move around and pick up hours was pleasing. Fun co-workers and management was very well.
Terrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 25, 2017
Terrible place to work they are the worst business owners I've ever seen in all honesty I've never been treated like that by a work place the way the talk to and treat there employees is a joke
Fun place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 24, 2017
This was a fun job. The business is based on the weather and the retail side of things. This place is always busy on the weekends and lots of parties. Loved working here
Pros
Fun enviroment
Two companies
Office staff (Former Employee) –  VTMay 23, 2017
There are two different companies being reviewed here - they share the same name but the Spare Time in Owatonna MN is a different company. It's important to read the reviews for the correct employer!
Fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 18, 2017
Fantastic people to work with and the managers are very understanding about things coming up. And the customers that come in are nice, so as long as you do what your suppose to do everything goes fantastic!
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Can't do direct deposit
Benefit of a Set Schedule
Server (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 18, 2017
This was a fun job for a while, but often understaffed and resulted in cranky customers. The food is great, but the cooks did not get along with the servers, often complaining about them. Servers in turn complained about the cooks. Management was never around during my shifts and the team had to band together to solve problems, which actually worked until someone the next day wanted to know why something didn't calculate out properly because customers often had to be appeased when things went ary.
The really great part though was how flexible the schedule was. I required a very set schedule and more than likely, I was only schedule when I had availability.
I enjoyed the job itself, but upper management is slow to make changes or solve problems and understaffing was a huge issue.
Pros
Great job, great food, good music