Sparetime Entertainment Employee Reviews

Productive fun place with bowling, food, and arcade experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 5, 2018
Productive fun place with bowling, good food, and arcade. Beautiful place great customer service always helped when in need of assistance just a great place to bring your family to.
Pros
Discount
Fun workplace
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTDecember 3, 2018
The best job i ever held even tho it was part time, and i was only making minimum wage. there's growth opportunity, 50% off on food. my favorite of all is i got to interact and and play with customers &
"Create Memorable Experiences Every Guest Every Visit".
Great Place
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTNovember 22, 2018
Awesome group of people with a great work atmosphere. Management is flexible and always willing to help. Work day is not too stressful, must know how to talk to customers.
Pros
discount, always laughing
Poor management
Clifton Park - Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYSeptember 18, 2018
New management seems to be only concerned with making money. Does not care at all about his employees. Biased towards older employees for hours/promotions. Some weeks I get 10 hours another I could have 30.
Pros
Cheap games
Cons
No breaks sometimes, poor scheduling
Job sucked
Game Room Atendant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 3, 2018
Worst job ive ever worked i will never ever recommend working here very racist and unprofessional lack of knowledge of those who train just over all bad experience
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
horrible managment
fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Great for parties, nice environment, and fun place to work. Keeps you on your feet and very interactive. Management and co-workers were friendly and always willing to help.
Productive and fun environment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 28, 2018
Spare time is a great job for children fresh out of school. Spare time taught me how to handle money, how to communicate with upset/angry customers, how to keep customers happy with their orders and how to just have fun working with coworkers.
Job Great/ Management Sucks
Assistant Game Warden (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 12, 2018
If you work here, really think about it because it is a wonderful place to work but management is Horrible, I have been there for 2 years and management isn't great at all. They cant help you if we have problems and customers are really rude and its no help at all. But the team mates are great.! No free lunch. You have to ask for a lunch break they aren't given.
Pros
teammates
Cons
management, lunch, customers
Fun Place to work if you like interacting with people quite often
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 30, 2018
I'm a Custodian at this place, and I got to say it's not that bad to me personally. Even though I'm only on working part-time, I like fact that I live less then 10 minutes from there. The hours vary though because people sometimes quit their position, so a door opens for another to take that spot.
Pros
Discounts, arcade area
Cons
Schedule changes on a weekly basis
Family owned and family focused
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 19, 2018
Spare Time is a family owned and operated facility focused on providing a safe and friendly environment for our guests and staff alike. we do our best to give guest the best entertainment experience available in the Lansing area. A typical day includes assisting guests with bowling, attractions or answering questions. Working well with other teammates is absolutely critical. During the winter we are incredibly busy and the high volume of guests coming through can be intimidating.

The most enjoyable part of the working at Spare Time is making those personal connections with our guests. We a small local business with high repeat customers, many of whom have been coming here for years. The owners truly care about the staff and go above and beyond to make accommodations when employees have personal issues.
Pros
Friendly and caring management, flexible hours
Cons
High volume business, busy times include weekend and holidays.
great potential, poorly managed.. dont understand the restaurant/bar side of the business
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2018
The change from a bowling company to an entertainment company was a great challenge. While management knew the entertainment side of the company, they often lacked the ability to effectively manage the restaurant/bar side of the business. Constantly understaffed and undertrained, the bar business suffered and bartenders were always overwhelmed and lacking the tools they need and the support staff or additional bartenders necessary for effective business. I found that they had enough volume (quantity), but often suffered on the quality of a guests and employee experience. Communication with staff was lacking and most of the shifts there difficult, long, short-staffed and stressful.
Poorly
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 29, 2018
They treat their employees poorly, and they don't have a stable management system. The hardest thing there was that people acted nice to you to your face, but when you turned around it seemed like everyone was about drama and not working.
poor quality
Kitchen Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 22, 2018
hires employees who don't care about company policy or procedure will never let anyone pass the 39 hour limit so no chance to make a real career no advancment
Productive and Fun work place!
Birthday Hostess (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 9, 2018
I love working here it’s a fun enjoyable atmosphere! They were so accommodating while I was pregnant and after birth they waited until I was ready to come back
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Most likely you won’t take breaks
Fast paced, competitive bowling alley
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 9, 2018
Spare Time Entertainment was an okay company to work for. Even though they barely gave out 20+ hours a week, with minimum wage pay. It was the kind of job a person would get just to have extra pocket change
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Felt like I was constantly talked down to as a cleaning crew member
Great job for young adults
Customer service/ meet the needs of the people (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 2, 2018
fun place to work system takes a little time to learn everything. But coworks are awsome and people that come into the bulding are fun and really nice, every now and again you will get a not so nice customer
Pros
free food, free games
Cons
no healthcare, manager
Fun work place
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTMarch 28, 2018
My job at Spare Time is my fun job as i like to call it... A typical work day is greeting customer's, setting up lanes, answering phone calls, handing money, making reservations setting up parties. I've learned so much there and that's the place where i knew i wanted to pursue a Receptionist career. There's really no hard part to this job, maybe seeing the kids leave crying because they don't want to leave. I love everything about this job from the regulars to the bowling.
Fun workplace but chaotic and understaffed
Server (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 24, 2018
This is my account of the time I worked at Spare Time Entertainment: I assisted in the opening of the business and thoroughly loved the ambiance of the establishment and a few of the assistant managers were just wonderful people who did a great job with what they were given when opening an establishment, rarely saw and/or spoke with the general manager at the time...he would disappear at important moments or situational chaos, Understaffed, Weekly security issues including customers smoking in bathroom and employees being close to being held at gunpoint by group of gang members, this place could have been managed more carefully and closely while I was there.
Pros
Employee parties and games
Cons
Chaotic, understaffed, lack of manager attention
Most fun Job to have!!!
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 8, 2018
I started to work for Spare Time Entertainment at the Colchester VT location in April of 2017, at the time I was working Front Desk, I was then promoted about a month and a half later to Manager on Duty (due to past working experience and positive review), and was closing 4 days a week, I LOVED IT! it was the hours I liked to work and my co-workers were great as well! I loved my managers and had an awesome time at work! I didn’t dread going to work like I would if I worked somewhere else! But, December 2017 I found out I was pregnant and it got to be a medical issue when it came to things like lifting the bowling balls, and serving food, so I turned in my 2 weeks and I wish I could’ve continued working through my pregnancy! When I’m no longer pregnant maybe I can come back to Spare Time Entertainment.
Pros
99¢ games of bowling, 50% off food, flexible hours, great atmosphere, awesome staff
Open area.
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 5, 2018
When I first started working there i was cleaning tables and getting the lanes ready for the next set of bowlers to come. Eventually i got moved to the game room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sparetime Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.