Sparetime Entertainment Employee Reviews

Great Highschool job
Snackbar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTMarch 9, 2019
Sparetime is a local land mark and everyone has been there once. Management seems to really care for the employees but the inconsistent schedule would mean that it would be hard to live off of the wages.
Pros
Fun environment, relaxed pace, good food, kind managers
Cons
Few hours, inconsistent schedule, little vertical movement.
Poorly managed
League Coordinator and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 5, 2019
Managers were very lazy. If there was a problem you couldn't go to them with it because they would do nothing about it. It was a revolving door of employees coming and going because nobody wanted to stay in that environment.
Pros
Food and entertainment
Cons
Poor management
The managers were the worst part
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTFebruary 14, 2019
They definitely play favorites also main managers are lowkey childish don’t really know what they’re doing only good manager is the game warden she treats people fairly. They also fired people left and right over crazy accusations. The kitchen is unprofessional they’d come to the game room and play games then go back to the kitchen without the proper hygiene before. The pay wasn’t equal among the game zone workers some made 12 some made 11 which is unfair.
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism
Fast-paced, High energy environment
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 13, 2019
A nice intimate location giving plenty of opportunity to get to know your customers and build lasting regulars and friends. Also giving a chance to meet people from around the world staying up the hill at one of the several hotels in the area.
It is a very fun place to work at
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 25, 2019
I see it as it’s a never fun place but sometimes we do not communicate together good and that cause issues and sometimes managers would not see the really problem with the workers and people think there better than other people
Productive fun place with bowling, food, and arcade experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 5, 2018
Productive fun place with bowling, good food, and arcade. Beautiful place great customer service always helped when in need of assistance just a great place to bring your family to.
Pros
Discount
Fun workplace
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTDecember 3, 2018
The best job i ever held even tho it was part time, and i was only making minimum wage. there's growth opportunity, 50% off on food. my favorite of all is i got to interact and and play with customers &
"Create Memorable Experiences Every Guest Every Visit".
Great Place
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTNovember 22, 2018
Awesome group of people with a great work atmosphere. Management is flexible and always willing to help. Work day is not too stressful, must know how to talk to customers.
Pros
discount, always laughing
Porter/Cleaning Squad
Porter (Current Employee) –  822 Congaree Road, Greenville SC 29607October 15, 2018
A typical day at work on a Saturday is pretty slow until 3 p.m. In the morning times, we tend to have birthday parties back to back, but otherwise a great job to have! Any other time during the week, evening times, is pretty busy and there tends to be a rush between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. I absolutely love my job and how I get to interact with the customers and my other employees. Our manager is great, and I personally think he's the best manager at SpareTime. definitely recommend this job, but only during the busy season so that you have a lot of hours.
Poor management
Clifton Park - Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYSeptember 18, 2018
New management seems to be only concerned with making money. Does not care at all about his employees. Biased towards older employees for hours/promotions. Some weeks I get 10 hours another I could have 30.
Pros
Cheap games
Cons
No breaks sometimes, poor scheduling
Job sucked
Game Room Atendant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 3, 2018
Worst job ive ever worked i will never ever recommend working here very racist and unprofessional lack of knowledge of those who train just over all bad experience
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
horrible managment
fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Great for parties, nice environment, and fun place to work. Keeps you on your feet and very interactive. Management and co-workers were friendly and always willing to help.
Productive and fun environment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 28, 2018
Spare time is a great job for children fresh out of school. Spare time taught me how to handle money, how to communicate with upset/angry customers, how to keep customers happy with their orders and how to just have fun working with coworkers.
Job Great/ Management Sucks
Assistant Game Warden (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 12, 2018
If you work here, really think about it because it is a wonderful place to work but management is Horrible, I have been there for 2 years and management isn't great at all. They cant help you if we have problems and customers are really rude and its no help at all. But the team mates are great.! No free lunch. You have to ask for a lunch break they aren't given.
Pros
teammates
Cons
management, lunch, customers
Fun Place to work if you like interacting with people quite often
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 30, 2018
I'm a Custodian at this place, and I got to say it's not that bad to me personally. Even though I'm only on working part-time, I like fact that I live less then 10 minutes from there. The hours vary though because people sometimes quit their position, so a door opens for another to take that spot.
Pros
Discounts, arcade area
Cons
Schedule changes on a weekly basis
Family owned and family focused
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 19, 2018
Spare Time is a family owned and operated facility focused on providing a safe and friendly environment for our guests and staff alike. we do our best to give guest the best entertainment experience available in the Lansing area. A typical day includes assisting guests with bowling, attractions or answering questions. Working well with other teammates is absolutely critical. During the winter we are incredibly busy and the high volume of guests coming through can be intimidating.

The most enjoyable part of the working at Spare Time is making those personal connections with our guests. We a small local business with high repeat customers, many of whom have been coming here for years. The owners truly care about the staff and go above and beyond to make accommodations when employees have personal issues.
Pros
Friendly and caring management, flexible hours
Cons
High volume business, busy times include weekend and holidays.
great potential, poorly managed.. dont understand the restaurant/bar side of the business
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2018
The change from a bowling company to an entertainment company was a great challenge. While management knew the entertainment side of the company, they often lacked the ability to effectively manage the restaurant/bar side of the business. Constantly understaffed and undertrained, the bar business suffered and bartenders were always overwhelmed and lacking the tools they need and the support staff or additional bartenders necessary for effective business. I found that they had enough volume (quantity), but often suffered on the quality of a guests and employee experience. Communication with staff was lacking and most of the shifts there difficult, long, short-staffed and stressful.
Poorly
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 29, 2018
They treat their employees poorly, and they don't have a stable management system. The hardest thing there was that people acted nice to you to your face, but when you turned around it seemed like everyone was about drama and not working.
poor quality
Kitchen Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 22, 2018
hires employees who don't care about company policy or procedure will never let anyone pass the 39 hour limit so no chance to make a real career no advancment
Productive and Fun work place!
Birthday Hostess (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 9, 2018
I love working here it’s a fun enjoyable atmosphere! They were so accommodating while I was pregnant and after birth they waited until I was ready to come back
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Most likely you won’t take breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sparetime Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.