Spark Talent Acquisition Employee Reviews

great company
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 10, 2018
I enjoy my job here at STA. I have learned so much and the environment is amazing. It makes me happy to know I am in my element and I can be creative.
productive work enviornment
Contract worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 2, 2018
Getting a line up at the beginning of the day and working to complete the tasks I was given. Different specialties that people have do different things.
Pros
always stayed busy
Cons
short breaks
dont work for these guys
Machine Builder (Kuka Clinton Township) (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI 48310July 16, 2018
recruiter is very unprofessional, more than likely does coke and they gave away my identity to an email scam which they informed me of a month after they found out
Stressful and Difficult
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 11, 2018
This is a company that you want to work for if you are single and have a cut throat/sales mentality. It requires you to work a lot of hours to be successful and to sacrifice a lot to gain little in return. The manufacturing industry is a difficult industry to recruit for as the people are unreliable and seemed like they didn't want a job or would just waste your time.
Great company Great People
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 9, 2018
Awesome temp service to go thru they work with you and finding something that works for you and is a good fit for you.....Emphasis on You and all jobs are temp to hire so you dont get stuck in the same loop like most temp services.
Pros
Nice timely breaks great compnys
Great people to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 16, 2017
Its a temp agency so it was only a three week job. But they are nice people to work for. But there all the way in troy so the drive was far to get started with them. But the guy was nice enough to meet me closer sometimes.
Pros
Great jobs
Cons
Short brakes
Cut-throat, fast paced environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 13, 2017
If you are willing to work, all the time, great place. If you want a solid work/life balance, probably not the best fit for you. Very strenuous job that demands a lot of extra hours to succeed.
Lacks employer/employeee relationship
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 21, 2017
I've worked through this company a few times and found they don't take into consideration what really fits you. They send you out on any job even if it's not a fit for you which makes for a bad situation for you and the employer. They make promises they don't keep and I've never truly had an opportunity to work for a company that is a permanent hire, which was mandatory for me when interviewing although they ensured me they all were. My last placement for this company, I asked them several times to replace me and to find another position for this job because the company was prejudice against women in the manufacturing field they refused to replace me and I ended up walking out, so the company ended up having no one to fill the position and I looked like an unreliable employee. I tried to go to a boss higher up, but there is none. No relationship between employer and employee here.
Pros
for now placement
Cons
no future, lacks any personability between employer and employee
Great communication between recruiters and employees.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2016
Although it takes a while to get a hired in position the recruiters stay in constant contact. If there's ever an issue they will help you resolve it quickly. If you need a certain placement type or shift to work around school or everyday life, they will be more than happy to work with you.
Pros
Paid Holiday even as a contractor.
Cons
Not many temp to hire placements
Hard to get paid at times.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Michigan Hollow, NYDecember 18, 2015
They will string u along to make a buck. They only care about there bottom line not they people who are working for them. Just not happy here and time to move on.
Micromanaged and under appreciated
employee (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 17, 2015
Decent opportunity here at this company, but being micromanaged and not appreciated (financially and emotionally) eventually forced me out. You can only be treated poorly for so long before you develop resentment. Great group of people working there, but the owner and top management just don't understand people or how to lead and motivate. Really unfortunate.
Pros
tight knit group, casual fridays
Cons
low base salary, low comission rates, poor morale and working environment
Good work facilities, but poor working expectations and immensely stressful.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 16, 2015
A typical work day entailed arriving at 7:30am followed by an 8:00am company meeting to review new job orders as well as to provide updates regarding the status of current job orders. From there the recruiters multi-tasked between recruitment, sales, and handling new hire paperwork and contract employee concerns. At 3:00pm there was another company meeting to discuss the progress made throughout the day and provide candidate status updates. Upon completion of this meeting it was back to sourcing, recruiting, sales, and handling employee concerns. This kept the recruitment staff in the office until 7:00pm or later as well as on Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
Pros
Competitive commission structure, as well as a close working relationship with colleagues.
Cons
Work life balance, negative communication towards employees, base salary was low