Spark Employee Reviews

Great place to gain sales experience
Club member (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2018
Sales Professionals Attaining Remarkable Knowledge was a great club offering great experiences and knowledge for students attending Arizona State University.
Collaborative and Creative
Illustrator, Writer, Animator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Spark is united by several successful products, largely comic books and graphic novels. The members of Spark each have vision for their own projects, all of which are incorporated in the company's plan. We boost each other up and work through the tough contracts together, ensuring that the client gets exactly what they're looking for, if not beyond. Spark encourages you to grow in your field of art, creating a powerful network of producers with imaginative content.
Pros
Wealth of knowledge
Very relaxed environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CADecember 3, 2017
Their program is focused primarily on homework correction. No benefits or extra perks. Management and staff very nice and nurturing. Only available hours are about 20-30 hours per week. You have to pay for your own background check. They provide uniforms
Set up for failure
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
Spark is growing so fast they don't know how to keep up. I joined an account that had been at the agency around 4 months and walked into a half staffed team with no set processes for anything.

They have no organization to their mass hiring and it can take weeks to get employees access to programs that are necessary to do their daily jobs.

Pay and vacation days are good but you will have no life outside of work. There's a lot of talk of "work/life balance" but everyone on my team (around 20 people) were consistently working until 10 pm every night and on weekends. After leaving at 10pm and arriving back at the office at 8am you can expect 30+ emails that happened in the time you were gone.

I was let go with no warnings after only two months of being there. The clients are already unhappy with the agency so they had to sacrifice someone to prove they are making changes. The worst part is that my two direct supervisors didn't even have the guts to talk to me about it.
Pros
pay, vacation
Cons
everything else
n/a
n/a (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
At one point MVS was a great agency to work for with some great brands. However in the past few years, started to see a lot of attrition of the top client base along with talent. There is a clear divide between cultures between chicago and NY.
fast pace
Youth program leader (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CADecember 29, 2016
This Job requires a lot of patience and a lot of energy. I Enjoy working with kids but for what the job i do i do not believe i get paid enough.
Pros
helping kids
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay
Fun Learning Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 12, 2016
Every day was a learning experience. SPARK is a company that encouraged you to try something new, whether it was a Camera or Lighting Gear. Management always made sure we were well fed and had and in a safe environment. My co-workers were just as willing to learn as I was and found the niche that they wanted to work for the rest of their lives.

There was no hard part of the job. I always wanted to be there and couldn't wait to sign up for the next event they were hosting.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Safe Work Environment
coordinator
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
• Review contracts and set up packets
• Check credit scores with factoring company
• Call drivers regarding delivery shipments, and product pick-ups; and, notify customers of case status
• Assist with accounts payable and receivable; depositing checks, dealing with bill of ladings
love working with young adult
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 29, 2015
I love helping young adult out with their personal issues. I never had a little brother or sister so all the kids were like my little brother or sister. Seeing them following they dream means a lot to me.
An amazing experience with a stellar company culture and talented employees.
Branding/Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2015
At SPARK, I had the opportunity to experience every realm of the business: branding, marketing, creating, and managing.

I learned how to effectively plan social media strategies, how to productively communicate with clients and internal employees, and that time management and preparation are keys to success.

A typical day at SPARK started with greeting everyone in the office and having casual morning conversations over coffee. As the work day started, I would typically begin with checking our client's social media channels, and engaging with its fans. As the day went on, I would plan for future posts, attend client meetings, manage small projects, and get back on social media channels.

I wouldn't say there were any "hard" parts of the job, just certain things I looked at as challenges, such as getting used to the variety of tasks I was asked to do.

The atmosphere of the office was upbeat, positive, and fun. Definitely one of my favorite parts of working at SPARK. At any moment I was prepared to be laughing hysterically or learning something new about the industry. Several times a week my team and I had lunch together at a nearby restaurant and I always felt welcome when having lunch with people on other teams.

The management at SPARK was superb, my co-workers were brilliantly smart, and overall I had an amazing experience.
Pros
Company culture, productive environment, positive energy, quality deliverables, productive processes, effective communication
Great place to meet dedicated students and great place to get hands on experience in the field.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 19, 2013
Spark was the learning experience. We are sent to events with a producer and a full crew involving camera operators, audio techs and photographers. We all support each other and make sure everyone is getting their job done. Its a fun working environment but also very fast pace.
Pros
Free Lunch, Learning Experience, Hands on experience