Sparks Group

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Sparks Group Employee Reviews

Great people; excellent leadership
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 22, 2019
I worked at Sparks Group for 14 years.
Pros: I was a remote employee so I had a good work life balance. Compensation is within market. Benefits I enjoyed were the 401K match, health reimbursement and tuition reimbursement on approved courses (there are many more)
The best part are the people and management. The people at the top are approachable and really care about their employees. They do alot of in office things like chili cook offs, happy hours, company dinners, end of the year parties.
Cons: Not alot of advancement opportunities
Pros
People, Management, Benefits, Flexibility
Cons
Career Advancement
Secure
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2019
This was a temporary agency. They were very accommodating to my needs as far as schedule and days need to work. Management communicated well and always accessible.
Sparks is ok
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 5, 2019
Had an overall not great time with Sparks especially after being terminated from a temp to perm job of which i was not at fault for being let go of other than the perception of being a negative force at Signify Health whom decided to shut down the call center in Herndon of which i was there a month. Also they have a no notice no come back policy of which i don't agree with considering this is a temp firm of which people leave jobs often and i had to push to get a replacement job for.
Pros
good friendly staff, decent benefits
Cons
cut throat policies
Production At Spark Group
Medical Coder for Medical Account Service (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 19, 2018
Spark Group is a temp agency. I worked for Sparks a little over three months coding for a medical account service. I would go in at 6.00 am to 2.00 pm on Monday - Friday and go to my desk and code my records
Sparks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDOctober 14, 2018
This company is a temp/temp to hire company. They were instrumental in my being employed at Summit.

The pay was in line with the wages at that time for a temp.
Temporary placement company
Administrative Contractor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 2, 2018
• Provided executive administrative duties in a temporary capacity with various clients while awaiting permanent job placement.

• Sent to various job locations to fulfill temporary needs.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Very busy
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 30, 2018
Did not enjoy getting pulled everywhere in the hospital to work. As a PCA had to work overtime to make ends meet. Most people were nice a few not. Work was not hard.
n/a
Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 2, 2018
My experience at Sparks was great. They were understanding when I need them to be and I can't complain. I was able to learn something new and exciting.
My typical day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 14, 2018
My Typical day at work is to be giving my task with direction on how to complete it then i follow the directions as given. When completing the task and would return to management and what else they would like for me to do. I also would reach out to my co worker to see if they need any assistance. I am a people person so i love to help people.
Staffing Agency
NETWORK INSTALLER FOR GUARDIAN IT SOLUTIONS (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 13, 2018
Great Paying temp service. I have had work in other states and they paid for flights and nights at the marriott. Only issue is when you opt in health care options you will be paying before the benefits can be used and I haven't worked any long term positions.
Pros
pay, per diem
Cons
temp work, no cash advances
Best Company Ever
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2018
Its actually called just Sparks. its not the personnel company indeed auto labeled. No ,,what this Sparks dose is Build store and Warehouse all Convention related items that companies like Google,,Apple, HP...Dell..ect. used in there annual Conventions / Expos they have every Year in Las . Vegas.
Pros
Privetly owned co. with small workforce, Family like setting
Cons
three months out of the year work slowed down.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 23, 2018
I always go back in between jobs. Great staff to help you find a job. Must be patient in between jobs. I loved getting paid weekly and being on long term positions. I loved being able to go to a new location to meet new people and learn more skills to build my resume up.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Time in between assignments sometimes
great place to work. low maintenance job and steady work
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 3, 2018
the staff and management was awesome. they are good people to work with and really make u feel welcome. they train you well and are very focused on safety.
Pros
everything
Cons
lack of shift availability
Easy-going but productive
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2018
I did love working at Sparks. I get to learn new things everyday. As a temp receptionist, I got to explore new and different technologies, meet new people, and keep an open mind. Management was good, however they would take their time giving you a job opportunity. The hardest part of the job would be learning and getting used to different workplace environments in a short amount of time. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and creating connections.
Pros
Easy-going
Cons
Not dependable
A good place to gain experience.
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 14, 2018
A great place to work overall with positive vibes and energy only. I Learned how to very precise and even more organized. The management team is great and the workplace culture is okay.
Pros
Communication is priority which is very important.
Cons
Most jobs are contract jobs.
Professional at all times
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 12, 2018
I really enjoy temping for Sparks Group. They keep me busy. When I see Sparks Group number on my phone I get excited because that means they have an assignment for me.
Pros
Really nice people.
Cons
Pay scale
Supportive and Productive
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 31, 2018
I worked at Sparks Personnel on a short-term temporary assignment for one of their local clients. My experience with the recruiters at Sparks Personnel was very pleasant and supportive helping me find employment even on a temporary basis.
fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 25, 2018
employees were very friendly and welcoming. time went by fast because everyone made work fun while remaining on task. the managers were very fair and understanding.
I truly enjoyed working with Sparks Group
Contract employee (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 23, 2018
Excellent for temporary or contract employee work. There is a lot of same day or replacement work for a Sparks client who needed a temporary at the last minute.
New Changes in Company
Lead ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 22, 2018
My biggest issue was with the new company taking over in which they came in and cut hours of salary employees and laid off people with a 2 week notice
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
New company merger shifted employees and hours were reduced or people laid off