sparks group Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Easy-going but productive
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2018
I did love working at Sparks. I get to learn new things everyday. As a temp receptionist, I got to explore new and different technologies, meet new people, and keep an open mind. Management was good, however they would take their time giving you a job opportunity. The hardest part of the job would be learning and getting used to different workplace environments in a short amount of time. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and creating connections.
Pros
Easy-going
Cons
Not dependable
A good place to gain experience.
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 14, 2018
A great place to work overall with positive vibes and energy only. I Learned how to very precise and even more organized. The management team is great and the workplace culture is okay.
Pros
Communication is priority which is very important.
Cons
Most jobs are contract jobs.
Professional at all times
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 12, 2018
I really enjoy temping for Sparks Group. They keep me busy. When I see Sparks Group number on my phone I get excited because that means they have an assignment for me.
Pros
Really nice people.
Cons
Pay scale
I truly enjoyed working with Sparks Group
Contract employee (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 23, 2018
Excellent for temporary or contract employee work. There is a lot of same day or replacement work for a Sparks client who needed a temporary at the last minute.
New Changes in Company
Lead ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 22, 2018
My biggest issue was with the new company taking over in which they came in and cut hours of salary employees and laid off people with a 2 week notice
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
New company merger shifted employees and hours were reduced or people laid off
Overall
Document Imaging Scanning Technician (WMATA) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2018
First contracted assignment via Sparks Group working for a very prominent employer WMATA. Communication between Sparks Group and I have exceeded expectation. Very good agency to work for. Excellent team and services overall.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Starting salary could have been more
Fabulous
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2018
Fabulous organization to work for. Would refer any one to this organization. If you are looking for wonderful recruiters who are understanding and truly want to help you this is the place to be!!!!
review
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 16, 2018
Relaxed environment to work in. The owner of the company is not very pleasant to work for and does not give clear instructions. Can be very passive aggressive.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
coworkers
Great Temporary Agency to Work for
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 13, 2018
I love working for Sparks Group, I have been with the company for 5 years with different assignments. Some assignment better than other as far as pay and location. Not to many temp to perm positions.
Interesting places to work
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 8, 2018
Enjoy doing receptionist/administrative assistant positions. Enjoy working with others, team player. People person, helping others on the job. Working.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Somtimes not enough hours to in the week to work.
my last assignment was not what was expected
Microsection Technichian (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 25, 2018
I did not have a steady place to work after i started work. After a about a week i was bounced around from department to department because the person that i was covering for was coming back from vacation.

I thought the way the employees went about it was unfair
Solid place for the short time.
Tier II Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2017
No complaints. Although Sparks is a temp agency they handled everything very well and professional. Would recommend Sparks to anyone that is filling a contract to hire.
Temporary agency
Office Clerk, File Clerk, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoy working with the temporary agency. They provide a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. The jobs are with good educated and well informed clients.
great place to find work.
Temptorary administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2017
I come to Sparks because I had just started my graduated school program and I was looking for something that would fit an college schedule. Not only were they able to accommodate my college schedule, but they also managed to kept me employed on a more than less regular bases. I was put in job opportunities that allowed me to learn new skills.
Pros
great jobs
Cons
some jobs can be pettey
Family Environment - Fast paced, Learn a lot
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 8, 2017
Great company culture. They invest in you, take the time to train you well, and help you grow as a professional. They split up sales and recruiting and have great managers, directors, and executives.

Staffing is very fast paced, and you learn a lot about different industries. You need to be able to adapt to a lot of situations. You build your own business from the ground up, and are given the tools you need to succeed. A lot of hard work required, but you get out what you put in.

It's a competitive environment, but sales and recruiting work hand in hand. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Training, Great Benefits, Great Culture
Cons
Staffing is stressful
Ok Company overall
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 14, 2017
Not enough time spent with employee, to ensure work is going well.
The overall communication from company to employee needs improvement for successful work flows.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Overall communcation
Sparks
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2017
Overall the company means well. New to start a company and seems to be all over the map. When you do find a match it works, though. Give it time. Long history of work related experience.
Temporary Employers
Temporary Radiology Transcription Editor/Aide (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 21, 2017
My experience with Sparks Group has been wonderful, a well-paying temporary assignment right when I needed it. The people are very professional and I highly recommend Sparks Group.
Pros
Well paying
Cons
Well it is temp work, so there is that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at sparks group. Our community is ready to answer.