Sparrow Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Saprrow Health Systems
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2018
They look at their bottom line over the safety of their staff and patients. When the hospital expanded they didn't take in to consideration they would need more staff to cover the overflow of patients.
Good Starter Job in Medical Field Office
Rehab Support Staff/ Secratary (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 16, 2018
Good place to get your foot into , to see if you want to become a medical professional. Lots of opportunity to go back to school and work at the same time. Learned more about what running an office is like. Being in charge of staffing and scheduling people for days to work and classes. Setting up meeting and rooms, making sure copies and charts are correct.
Pros
Flexable schedule, hours
Cons
A lot to do with out the minimum pay benifits.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lansing miJuly 7, 2018
We are over work under paid the bosses don't listen to you when you have a problem and as a housekeeper you are looked down as you are worthless and dumb I like most of my coworkers
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Cons
Not enough people
Sparrow review
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIJune 11, 2018
I enjoy the fast paced environment. Unfortunately, majority of the time we are short staffed which places more work on employees. Have not received quarterly bonus in about 3 years. Minimal pay raises. Insurance is great, but monthly premiums have gone up a lot over the last few years.
not much to say
RN (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 3, 2018
This place has gotten way to big for its own house. They treat patients like numbers and dismiss then if they are over weight, to ill for them to "Save" I would never go here for care
Pros
Not much
Cons
rude, over paid, rude, non-caring Arrogant, oh did i say rude??
Parking Managment
Customer service liaison (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 3, 2018
Never saw or spoke to the head people in the department unless something went bad. I didn't even know who was in charge which isn't good you should be able to develop and create a relationship with the top guys/gals in charge I believe.
Out of the five managers I have had, one was outstanding.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 15, 2018
Thankful for the good people with selfless work ethics and positive attitudes.

There needs to be more training or at least conversation, with managers and employees regarding inclusiveness among the team. Everyone,, has something they can bring to the table,,,, everyone.
Pros
Great customer/ patient base.
Good place to work many years ago, when I worked there.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 25, 2018
I was on a 2 week rotating day shift schedule. That meant I worked different day hours pending where or what I was scheduled for that 2 week period.

My favorite things to do was going to surgery, doing portable exams and going to the morgue.

I had great employees to work with.
Pros
New x-ray department and equipment
Cons
Micromanagement
Stressful Fast Paced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 16, 2018
While being a fast paced work culture, management expected you to do more with less and while this is a fiscal decision it was not practical or well thought out creating a toxic environment and stress induced productivity shortage.
Pros
Benefits for health and dental
Fast paced, busy enviroment
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 5, 2018
Sparrow Hospital is a very busy environment to work in. Shifts are 8 hours. The hospital lacks in education for staff and could benefit in more organization to insure processes are streamlined but also done correctly and as efficiently as possible. Management works to try to be hands on, but frequently drops the ball to be transparent and open with staff or follow up issues other then those that effect budgets.
Pros
broad range of exams and ability to learn, advances equiptment
Cons
poor education program, poor management
Productive, fun place to work
Supply Chain Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 2, 2018
Sparrow Health System is filled with wonderfully nice people. Very collaborative workplace that promotes one to reach out to colleagues for advice or clarity.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Pace of progress
Poor management
BILLING SPECIALIST | SPARROW TCI (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 26, 2018
Management could really benefit from training on how to handle employee issues and enhance morale among staff. There is a lot of passive-aggressiveness from management that filters down to how the employees treat each other. Despite bringing it up to the 2 managers on site for the department, no changes were implemented, no disciplinary action was taken and no issues were addressed.
Pros
Decent health care package
Cons
Poor management
no comment
laborer (Former Employee) –  Sparrow MainMarch 12, 2018
Horrible work environment. They treat associates as an expendable employee. Unsafe environment for patients and staff. Need I say more? Please reconsider your professional choice. Your integrity may be compromised, as was mine.
benefits
Cons
apathy
Amazing people to work with.
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 10, 2018
I would love to stay, however, I have 2 children to support and I need full time hours and benefits. The people I work with are fun and relaxed. The doctors are knowledgeable and supportive.
Pros
I love my job.
Cons
Part Time Hours
Sparrow Hospital
ER/Trauma Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 14, 2018
The employees were great to work with. Sparrows motto is "every patient, every time". Unfortunately, as nurses we are forced by mgmt's continued vision of medical care = profits/bonuses for themselves to manage more than a 3:1 ratio on a continuous basis without support staff, without even mandatory 30 min lunch breaks regardless of patient acuity daily. It is heart breaking to see management allowing such staffing levels that are placing the RN's at risk of a sentinel event on a daily basis. Mgmt is completely out of touch with patient care and reality.
Pros
Great core employees
Cons
Defeated moral, terrible management, no support staff, no breaks
Strong community health system
Senior Vice President / Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Sparrow Health System is a key asset to the Lansing Community and surrounding areas. Sparrow is a teaching organization, educating nurses, physicians and other healthcare providers. The salaries are generous. There is a supportive management structure to support patient care, with highly skilled nurse leaders and physician partners. There is strong leadership and experience in IT and the organization is embracing LEAN/Six Sigma to improve quality and safety.
Pros
LEAN/SixSigma structure and strong nursing leadership
Cons
Difficulty in adjusting to healthcare changes
Overall good work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Feel like a member of the team. Respectful environment. Friendly. Promotions can be difficult. Friendly co workers. Clean environment. Great training opportunities. Linked to a major University.
Pros
Friendly, respectful environment
Cons
Great place to grow your nursing career
Sparrow OPCU- Peri-OP Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Many opportunities for nurses from new grad to experienced Nurse. Variety of departments to go to, transfers, also have a clinical ladder program for those desiring to push further.
Regional Neonatal ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 6, 2018
RNICU is very rewarding caring for sick newborns. I have made many great friends working there. Patient census does fluctuate, so does make it difficult to plan your life at times. Overall, great place to work!
Productive and Friendly Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Sparrow had employers who were knowledgable and accepting of new team members/volunteer. This hospital really understands and promotes the importance of teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sparrow Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight