Spartan Motors, Inc. Employee Reviews

employees great ,managment not so good
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJuly 25, 2018
6am - 2pm Mon thru Sat.,
talked about 12 hour shifts ,but temp turnover too high.
clean
country atmosphere
fast pace
heavy lififting
strict attendence policy
Pros
produce a very good product
Cons
lay offs depending on plant, MNGT. Its all about the numbers
Great place to work, Long Commute
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Snyder, NEJune 29, 2018
I loved working at Spartan motors. If you were interested in a good job working with your hands I can recommend checking them out. Keep in mind, that if you live in Omaha your commute will be nearly an hour each way every day, And the shift starts at six in the morning. Aside from that, it’s a great place to work with an accepting atmosphere and excellent pay and benefits.
Pros
Pay, Benifits, Excellent Working environment
Cons
A long commute.
Dont work here
Side wall set (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INJune 17, 2018
Bad managment hours are all over the place high turn over rate bad training just a bad place to work you will regret working here terrable work life balance work 6 days a week
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Managment hours and turn over rate
Fast paced, manufacturing line
Engine Builder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Hard heavy work, worked with machinery and line employees, learned how to build an engine and other parts of the military line vehicles and worked in parts distribution area for shipping and inventory. Physical labor the hardest part, most enjoyable part was the employee activities as reward for reaching line goals.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Work days can be 10-12 hours 7 days a week
Good work
Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDJanuary 31, 2018
Good work. Lots of heavy lifting. If you get hurt on the job they deny workman's comp. Unsafe and dangerous working practices, such as working under unsupported truck frames. Micromanaging supervisor. Poor teamwork between days and nights, such as leaving all the hard work for night shift.
Productive good people
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJanuary 21, 2018
Good place to work good atmosphere long as you get your work done laid back place to work. Common sense is a must but work isn’t hard long as you do it right.
Productive and fun
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Great company who cares about there employees, I would recommend Spartan to all my friends and family by far the best place I have ever worked, you should check them out
Pros
They care
favoritism
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MINovember 4, 2017
favoritism is a BIG issue i encounter with working for spartan motor. as a temp, i choose to work hard and many volunteer overtime hours (sometimes 60+ hrs a week) to show how hard working i am, so at end of the contract i would be one of the people chosen to be moved to another plant. but instead, management chose young attractive loose girls with bubbly personalities and poor working brown nosers boys with poor attendant to fill those slots. this is not a company you want to work for if you have self respect, or want to be rewarded for hard work.
Pros
sometimes they give you pizza
nice and fun place to work
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDOctober 5, 2017
poor managaement makes me to quit..fun making enviroment .....good and helping coworker...only bad part is work till saturday...no family time .......
Pros
quaterley bonus
Cons
works on saturday.....
Dont waste your time
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PASeptember 11, 2017
Management doesn't have a clue how the products are made or what is all involved in the manufacturing process which leads them to make extremely poor decisions. Employees are just a number.
Pros
Its not fast paced at all because they arent selling product
Cons
Its mind numbing, life sucking, soul stealing, and only wprking here is only marginally better than being homeless
Company is garbage
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIAugust 8, 2017
(Production Floor Assembly Associate)
Started through a temp service then hired in down the road. The work isn't bad, people you work with were hit or miss but that's anywhere. Hours were as expected in a warehouse position environment. Management is trash, no room for advancement. Engineers are nice but have no idea how things work on the line. They will keep lazy employees who have been there forever over newer hardworking employees only because of seniority or if they're friends with someone. Would only recommend this place if last resort or short term work.
Pros
Some people, pay once/if hired in
Cons
Management, no room for advancement, short break/lunch
Utility (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJune 29, 2017
I have enjoyed working here and building different vehicles. They are usually busy with many different products and new vehicle attempts coming in at times.
It's a great place to work. It's a very fun and out going company
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIApril 24, 2017
The place is great to work for. The people are awesome. I love what I do here. I love coming in there everyday. Just an overall great place to work for.
Productive work place
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIMarch 29, 2017
Not that good of a work place. Pay sucks and there isnt much room for improvement. Management is not that great as well as the hours. Do not recommend
Friendly Environment/Not much of a future though
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIMarch 16, 2017
The company pays you a decent wage and the benefits are acceptable. The work environment is not bad either. However, the company has been consistently laying people off and I do not have much confidence in the staying power of the company anymore.
Not impressed
Parts & Accessories Logistics (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIFebruary 7, 2017
I love the people I work with, but there appears to be no room for advancement unless you know certain people. The work itself is rewarding, knowing that our products keep fire fighters on the road, but the management has no regard for the concerns of the employees on the floor.
Growing company
Manager, EMDF (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJune 19, 2013
Lots of new managers. The people are very friendly and the products are enjoyable to work with.
Nice place that welcomed high school student interns.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJune 18, 2013
This was a great place to work as my first real experience in the business world as a high school student. The co op program allowed me to work almost full time and go to high school. They gave me real world experiences that I could not get just from my education alone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartan Motors, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Spartan Motors, Inc. Reviews by Location