Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Transfer Opportunity
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 13, 2018
I started as a temporary employee in one department. I was given an opportunity to transfer for a permanent position. Favoritism existed in the new department.
Pros
Relaxed environment for both departments
Cons
Favoritism existed in the new department
Productive and exciting environment to work in.
Case Management - Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC 29303December 7, 2018
Spartanburg Medical Center is a great place to work. I enjoyed working with and caring for the patients from our surrounding communities. While employed with SMC, I had multiple opportunities to advance my career and education through the tuition reimbursement program.
Great organization to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 3, 2018
Some policies are outdated and could be reviewed but overall great place to work and advance in the medical field. Good health benefits as well as tuition reimbursement.
Work in the right office or department it’s heaven-don’t well keep looking...
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 28, 2018
I worked for this hospital for 6+ years. Throughout that time it was some of the best and worst times I’ve ever experienced in a “professional” environment. I had a manager who was absolutely deplorable. The turn over rate in her department was >2 employees a week. And our manager could not figure out why. Transferring to another job role would solve my problems (so I thought). I got into an even bigger mess there. People in the office I was at were cut throat. The manager wanted you to be her friend so she could get the inside scope on what the others employees where doing. With her new found information she would hit HR up on speed dial. I can’t see how these department managers can not put 2 and 2 together. I just blows my mind. Thankfully, I found a wonderful place to call my home away from home. I’ve never worked with such a group of wonderful ladies. They are like family. The manager listens, values my in put and strives to improve any way she can. I truly felt my opinion counted. She was also very professional and what was said to her stayed with her. By far the most professional and thoughtful manager I’ve ever had. In short, this place has such great potential. Not all departments are bad, you just have to keep moving until you find a place that you love and fits for you. The coworkers I’ve come in contact with for the most part have been wonderful. I’ve made so many friendships through my time here. I would consider going back.
Pros
Meeting new people, patient care, payroll deductions for food, pharmacy, and purchasing power.
Cons
Pay rate, the patient is always right mentality, underhanded deeds are happening everyday, bleed you dry to support their own organization
My Day At Regional
Psychological Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 27, 2018
My day consisted of assisting patient in crisis, assessing the patient and determining the patient's needs for psychiatric treatment. In addition, communicating with the psychiatrist and my team members in reference to the patient's status/needs, family needs and the hospital ability to assist. I enjoyed the flexibility, the variety of my work day and the ability to engage with staff throughout the hospital.
Pros
My co-worker was a team player.
Cons
Using PTO when the census was low on the psychiatric unit.
Too Much Politics, clicks, Manager Blocking request for transfers.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 26, 2018
Acuity too high for pt /nurse safety. Pt transfers happening at shift change with unstable pts. inadequate reports given on critical pt transfers.
the ratio of new grad nurses to veteran nurses completely unsafe and unacceptable.
Pros
Can't think go any
Cons
Was better when I first went to work there
Nepotism and politics rule
mid management (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 26, 2018
Even though this is a large organization, promotions and transfers are based on nepotism and politics, not on qualifications. For this reason many incompetent people have been promoted into jobs for which they are not qualified causing the whole organization to be very inefficient.
great benefits. pay could be more
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 24, 2018
long day in traffic . learn how to be more considered on people feeling. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and meeting different people.
I worked with a wonderful group of people who were dedicated to their job.
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 7, 2018
I loved my job there and all of the employees were very nice and compassionate about what their jobs involved. I feel that working this job gave me a better knowledge in all aspects of insurance, billing, customer service, etc.
Pros
wonderful employees
Cons
there were none.
I helped patients, I helped the nurses. I helped the doctors.
Volunteer technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 2, 2018
I loved worked with patients, I loved helping patients, nurses, and doctors. I worked in triage. I learned to take care of patients. I loved helping .With nurses, and doctors. It was a fast taker taking. It was a fast paced environment.
Pros
I loved working with the patients.
Best place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 29, 2018
Many opportunities to advance, to transfer within. Most management will recognize hard work and appreciate your position and what you have to offer. Been the best 10 years of my life.
Pros
Payroll deduction meals, employee pharmacy, great benefits, PTO accruals
Cons
Need more employee appreciation on a daily/weekly basis.
Great job
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 27, 2018
Awesome place to work,that's why I'm still there. Honestly the best place that i ever worked,they care about patients and staff. Very pleased to wear my badge so people know where I work!
Volunteering is fun and I enjoy assissting people in times of need.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 25, 2018
When I go to the Hospital it is to help people feel more at place than they would normally at the hospital. The people are wonderful, doing their best to help people in the greatest way possible and always keeping a positive vibe. My most enjoyable part of volunteering here is when I see someone smile after I've done them a service they desperately needed. Whether it's retrieving them some water or a blanket, or simply locating a loved one who is waiting to see them. The hardest part is leaving, I'm usually scheduled for 4 hours, but unless I'm promptly doing something afterwards I do my best to stay an extra 30 min to see what else can be done.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and fast paced environment.
Clinical Unit Educator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 21, 2018
A typical day at work would include patient review, business meetings, staff review/competency, etc. I learned very much re: the various management roles, how to handle/resolve employee situations in order to foster an engaged staff and unit. The hardest part of the job was to see employees work hard the entire time of every shift and become "burned out". The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see employees flourish and actually enjoy their job and the patients.
Pros
Retirement, Insurance
Cons
5-7 day work week
SRHS is a great company
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 16, 2018
I work with a wonderful group of doctors that truly love our patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see patients smiling faces upon getting a good report.
Teamwork
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 4, 2018
Working in employee pharmacy was a good experience. Managements goal is to give employees the best service they can offer. I enjoyed being Accounts Specialist for 6 years & pharmacy Technician for 4.
Work
Vascular Ultrasound Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 3, 2018
Scan 8+ patients a day which includes helping patient undress and dress.Management needs tons of work.Hardest part of the day is lifting patients and most enjoyable is getting to know my patients.
Typical day at work
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 26, 2018
Typically I have 4-6 patients. I work on a psychiatric unit so it is never boring! My coworkers and manager truly care about each other and we all work at a team. The hardest part of the job is when you get a patient who is truly sick, for example, with schizophrenia and you have to explain to the parents that it is an illness they will never "get better" from.
productive
PCT (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 24, 2018
It a really great place to work if you like caring and helping people It's kind of hard see people lose their love ones and seeing people in really bad pains but the thanks the families and the patients give you makes it worth it all.
Pros
peaceful work place
Cons
work along sometime wiith a lot of patients
Great Place to Work
Incident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 19, 2018
Great Place to Work. I recommend this place of employment to anyone who applies. The work life balance is an added bonus to the company. The have a great benefit package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Reviews by Location