Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Good work place
NICU Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 23, 2019
Very flexible shifts. Good communication with nurse manager. Too few hours, and I do not think this position exists anymore. Some staff were helpful to the tech, others were not.
Pros
Employee discount in cafe
Pca
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 15, 2019
I worked in home hospice. It was great. I met a lot of nice people. I like the flexible hours and I drove the company car. I was recognized when I was there only 2 months. I also was employee of the month.
Pros
Good pay flexible
Cons
Sometimes we short staffed more patients
Fun place
Porter ll (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 11, 2019
Porters need to be paid more. We don’t get as much as nurses but do basically what they do without al the schooling and all that. We move patients just like they do.
preceptorship only
Student Nurse / Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 10, 2019
I did not get paid for this. I was only here for a very short period. It was to get my final hours of clinical work for nursing school. Enjoyed the unit very much though and the hospital itself.
Pros
School help set up this preceptorship
Cons
only there for 12-15 shifts
Productive Place to work Caring for the Patients
Lab Assistant Non-Technical (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 4, 2019
Patients are a number one priority at Spartanburg Regional. That's one of the main reasons I love working here so much. That is what makes the job so important and so much fun.
Pros
Patients are Number 1, pay is pretty well
Cons
short breaks, super busy
Review
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 1, 2019
Great organization, some departments have high satisfaction while others have very low satisfaction and turnover rates. I loved my job, but the daily stressors became too much for me. I would definitely work in the organization again, but not in the same department. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the satisfaction that my work in the hospital helped make patients live's better. I enjoyed speaking with patients and guests when I could. The patients remind you of why you come to work every day. This organization also pays well if you are a good fit for the position. Raises aren't large but they are annual. Tuition reimbursement also helped me out! High quality care. High regards to safety.
The culture of the organization among employees seems to be changing, but not for the good. The organization's vision and mission statement are not communicated well. Employees aren't "bought in" to the mission statement and vision.Management is not standard among departments. Engagement from high level administrators is infrequent. The hardest part of my job was trying to accomplish my workload within 8 hours and being micromanaged. Job roles were not understood or delineated well by management.
Pros
Patients, Co worker relationships, awesome gift shop
Cons
micromanagement, stress level, more criticism than appreciation
Spartanburg Regional Medical at Pelham
Periop Charge Nurse/Specialty Services Leader (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 20, 2019
Beautiful facility and very well managed. great place to work. let to pursue better opportunities in Florida. I had a life changing event which provoked this.
My Overall Experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 12, 2019
My overall experience with this hospital system has been positive however I have greater career goals and I feel it is time to start making changes so that I am get where I want to be career wise and financially!!
Radiographer and MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC 29303February 8, 2019
Worked as PRN, hours weren't steady but good place to work, a lot of confusion with radiologists changing protocols but not checking with each other before we tried to implament those changes. Overall, protocols made sense and were fairly easy to follow.
I was so excited to start my newest job/ Call center.
Medical Records CLERK -Dates (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 5, 2019
There was no dress code. You could wear what you felt looked appropriate. The health insurance was great. I had a family feel all over the hospital except the call center. I had friends from every floor. I loved working with people. I have heard they have nepotism but I never saw it. I worked their for 7 years 1 month it would have been 8 years. I contributed to the March of Dimes Graphic Design for t-shirts and won twice. I knew every inch of that hospital. I gave my left arm to be the best employee and the end was sad, I had to make a choice, bc of circumstances ...if I should quit and lose 142 hours of PTO. I never called out, well twice. ((flu and sickness)) HR. was so friendly and understood I could not finish in this position and extended my stay at the hospital and put my application before all others and let me use all my paid time off being let go/ before the holidays and just turning 50 was heart breaking and HR felt my pain and said she would push everything she could through. I had so many awards, pineapples for good service and golden stars and a golden rocking star was coming my way till they changed the awards to points. I absolutely gave Spartanburg my whole heart.
Pros
Famly-coworkers, efficient hours. ((7-3))
Cons
One person made a change that has effected me ever since i left.

Want to know more about Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System?

Ask a question
fun,caring,loving enviroment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 18, 2019
I loved this job!! I started in patient transport then made my way to the pharmacy after finishing pharmacy tech school. If I hadn't moved I would probably still be working for them
Pros
great pay
It was a great place to work. Always had multiple resourses. It is a teaching hospital and helped me grow in my career.
Travel RN/med surg tele (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 8, 2019
I would clock in, get my assisgnment, bedside report, then huddle. I would start off assessing my patients, then huddle. Next I would do my med pass and make rounds with doctors. I would admitt, discharge, transfer to higher level of care if needed. I would carry out all of my duties assigned to my patients and help other teammates.I would start IVs on hard sticks. Insert difficult foleys and NG tubes. I would get Case Management involved with a difficult situation. I worked for my patients and when I found another problem, which they were not admitted for, I would call the doctors.Any time a patient had a new diagnosis I would print out educational information and go over it with them. If a patient were sad I would sit and listen to them.When multiple doctors were assigned to a patient I would make sure that they all knew what was going on with the patient. When a patient died I always did post mortum care and allow the familys to be with their loved one, providing any needs the familys might need. I would de escalate situations when familys were arguing and rarely had to call upon security. When familys did not have money to eat I would call and get meal tickets for them. When a patient was in restraints I would try all kinds of ways to get them removed, sitter, medication, etc. If radiology was having a hard time keeping a patient still for a procedure I would always go and led up and hold the patients hand and talk them thru it and if that did not work I would call md and get a medication order. If I saw another teammate struggling I would always jump in and help. If a patient  more... were nervous about a procedure I would sit and talk with them.We had many different cultures at the hospital. I understood and respected their wishes and beliefs in their decisions in their care. I learned alot by being at a Trauma level 1 teaching facility. I worked with residents closely. The hardest part of my job was taking care of the familys. You had to go thru hoops to get a family member a meal ticket.  less
Pros
Lots of team work. I knew my schedule 6 weeks in advance
Cons
I was a travel nurse and lived to far away to become full time staff
driver
Shuttle transport driver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 27, 2018
working as a driver is very stressful, they constantly add and change routes which causes delays in pick up,

I did enjoy spending time with and meeting alot of new people and I love to drive.
Pros
driving
Cons
stress
Overall a great place to learn and family oriented
Sr System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 26, 2018
Was a great place to work for the majority of my 18 years where I could participate in delivering world class healthcare. The collaboration and teamwork was stellar.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressful at times
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 23, 2018
Team work can be a lot better. The moral of employees are low because of the work load. Not much more to say. Sometimes the work can get overwhelming at times.
Cons
No great team work
Best work environment
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 14, 2018
This is a place where growth can occur and honestly would love to grown within this company. They treat the employee's like family and everyone expresses great team work.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Transfer Opportunity
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 13, 2018
I started as a temporary employee in one department. I was given an opportunity to transfer for a permanent position. Favoritism existed in the new department.
Pros
Relaxed environment for both departments
Cons
Favoritism existed in the new department
Productive and exciting environment to work in.
Case Management - Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC 29303December 7, 2018
Spartanburg Medical Center is a great place to work. I enjoyed working with and caring for the patients from our surrounding communities. While employed with SMC, I had multiple opportunities to advance my career and education through the tuition reimbursement program.
Great organization to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 3, 2018
Some policies are outdated and could be reviewed but overall great place to work and advance in the medical field. Good health benefits as well as tuition reimbursement.
Work in the right office or department it’s heaven-don’t well keep looking...
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 28, 2018
I worked for this hospital for 6+ years. Throughout that time it was some of the best and worst times I’ve ever experienced in a “professional” environment. I had a manager who was absolutely deplorable. The turn over rate in her department was >2 employees a week. And our manager could not figure out why. Transferring to another job role would solve my problems (so I thought). I got into an even bigger mess there. People in the office I was at were cut throat. The manager wanted you to be her friend so she could get the inside scope on what the others employees where doing. With her new found information she would hit HR up on speed dial. I can’t see how these department managers can not put 2 and 2 together. I just blows my mind. Thankfully, I found a wonderful place to call my home away from home. I’ve never worked with such a group of wonderful ladies. They are like family. The manager listens, values my in put and strives to improve any way she can. I truly felt my opinion counted. She was also very professional and what was said to her stayed with her. By far the most professional and thoughtful manager I’ve ever had. In short, this place has such great potential. Not all departments are bad, you just have to keep moving until you find a place that you love and fits for you. The coworkers I’ve come in contact with for the most part have been wonderful. I’ve made so many friendships through my time here. I would consider going back.
Pros
Meeting new people, patient care, payroll deductions for food, pharmacy, and purchasing power.
Cons
Pay rate, the patient is always right mentality, underhanded deeds are happening everyday, bleed you dry to support their own organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Reviews by Location