Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 7, 2018
This was a great company to work for. During my experience there I gain a lot of knowledge from the job that I performed. The management staff was very supportive in my growth . A typical day over all not so bad. The work load was spread out evenly between the phlebotomy staff. I enjoyed my position at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
Not perfect but not bad
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 25, 2018
pretty decent workplace they actually looked out for work life balance, but in some positions you cannot avoid working extensive hours at certain times
I miss working here
High Risk Obstetrics Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 18, 2018
I think it is a great place to work for and provides job security. I dislike their rehire policy. They say you ca be eligible for rehire after a year with successful employment at another job but they make it difficult to even get an interview. Things and people change and with all the positions that they have open it seems they could offer a person who has worked there before a 6 months probationary period and if they do that then keep them on but keep the monitored for the next 24 months on tardiness, absenteeism, and job performance. Then I think they would be more in line with their pillars and goals they stand on,
Pros
positive atmosphere, job security
Cons
pay and benefits
Review
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 12, 2018
responsible for performing all diagnostic and therapeutic examinations performed in accordance with the orders and instructions of the referring physicians or cardiologist, rendering preliminary interpretation of exams, supervising control of work flow, assisting with clerical duties, and assisting with maintenance of equipment.
Overall snapshot of a large growing organization
Performance Measures Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 9, 2018
To harness and measure quality performance of a large growing organization spread over seven counties, including in-patient and out-patient physician offices, ancillary sites, ambulatory surgery centers, as well the hospital network, is a daunting task to say the least. What I did each day was largely dependent on which day of the quarter it was, and which quarter of the year it was, or if it was year end. It was a continual race against the clock to ensure concurrent medical record reviews were performed, gathering quality data on physician members on several different layers, compiling reports for meetings, and juggling multiple tasks. My day became consumed with excel spreadsheets and workbooks, eating lunch in my office, assisting managed care companies with chart audits, addressing issues from my staff, and the list is endless. The workplace culture was very compartmentalized and being in a large open room was not conducive for me to concentrate on detailed reports and documents due to noise and overheard conversations, which was one of the hardest things for me. I started wearing ear plugs. I was doing the work of two people and was under a lot of stress. What I enjoyed the most was when SRHS recognized professionals every year by having Fuddruckers' provide a meal outside and they played music. Enjoyed the ice cream socials too.
I learned the power of excel and the importance of physicians and their staff embracing quality initiatives to improve and maximize reimbursement. Striving for excellence in healthcare requires that everyone get on board, and the sooner the
  more... better.  less
Pros
Great benefits and opportunities to attend continuing education workshops/conferences
Cons
Hard to sit at the computer all day, few breaks, some week-ends to catch up.
Wonderful Place to work
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 2, 2018
Loved this job. Only left due to family situations. Excellent if you want to work and gain knowledgeable experience on the job. Very understanding staff and management.
Busy, Noisy, and a lot of walking
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCApril 15, 2018
A typical day working at the doctor's office was busy. I didn't like that I was expected to put in orders for one of the doctors and he expected all of "His" labs to be a priority no matter what the other doctors needed. Also, I didn't like the lab area as it was- divided into two rooms that were not connected and one room was by the back door so I was often expected to answer it (even though it was a BIG distraction!) I loved doing the lab work, it's akin to doing puzzles which I really like.
Pros
Drug Rep lunches- Free (and usually) good food.
Cons
Too much "extra" work was expected of me!
Spartanburg Regional is a state of the art healthcare facility
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Gibbs Cancer Center. They provided comprehensive inpatient and out patient cancer treatment. I assisted patients with activities of daily living working 12 hour night shift.
Pros
State of the art equipment and facility.
Cons
Became too far to travel for my changing goals
Friendly atmosphere, patients satisfaction very important
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 11, 2018
Great place to work, supports the community, alot of public information provided by different events.Typical day providing patient satisfaction and assisting families and medical staff.
Good benefits
Cyto prep tech (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 3, 2018
Good benefits and average pay for the area. Coworkers are very helpful. The hours I work allow me to have a life outside of work. The hardest part is the lack of work to keep me busy throughout the day.
good place to work
Referral Tech (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed my job. I love patient/people contact weather it is in person or over the phone. My co workers were all pleasant and easy to work with. I can truly say I enjoyed coming to work and helping the public. The hardest part of the job would be if there was nothing that could not be done for the patient or the patient did not feel satisfied.
Pros
interaction with public/co workers, healthcare, discounts, payroll deduction
Cons
short lunch break no personal space for belongings
Great place
Medical Assistant and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 25, 2018
The environment was one of care and concern for the patients as well as the staff. There was good Team work on the job. Although losing patients to death was sad.
Pros
experience
Cons
attachments
Work Load
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 17, 2018
Spartanburg REgional is a good place to work. However, they can overwork their employees at times and mistrust with some of the employees and management.
Pros
pay is okay
Cons
micromanagers
It's a teaching hospital that has a lot of educational opportunities.
Unit Ambassador/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 5, 2018
A typical day will include a rush of physicians and auxiliary staff in the morning with a mixture of customers requiring assistance to get to their designated area.
Pros
Educational benefits
Cons
Diversity
Friendly environment
PCA (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC 29303February 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with fellow employees. They were friendly and helpful. Management was great and answered any questions you may have. I could no longer work the night shift.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, benefits
Cons
Night shift
Smc
Staff & Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 23, 2018
This health care system is an awesome system to work for with great benefits. The administrative and management team are awesome and provide support to the staff at all levels. The goal is to provide the highest quality of care and produce positive patient outcomes.
Spartanburg Regional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2018
Great place! Too many work hours. I've learned a lot while working here. Not a hard job but the long hours make you not work as hard. I hated working 7AM to 9PM or later
Great co workers and benefits
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 30, 2018
Great group of phlebs that always work together no matter how crazy the day had been. They always had each others back. Very down to earth workplace with lots of great benefits.
Typical Work Day
PM Resource RN (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 29, 2018
This hospital is one of the busiest ER in this region being a level 1 Trauma Center. At times, it can be stressful, but most of the time, it is organized due to the competency of the nurses and staff. Most importantly, management and leadership roles in this department supports and encourages staff engagement.
Great place to work with nice people
Denials Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 11, 2018
Good place to work. Health benefits are great. Advancements are hard to come by. JObs are already accounted for before being posted. its all about who you know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Reviews by Location