Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Culture reviews

Review
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 1, 2019
Great organization, some departments have high satisfaction while others have very low satisfaction and turnover rates. I loved my job, but the daily stressors became too much for me. I would definitely work in the organization again, but not in the same department. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the satisfaction that my work in the hospital helped make patients live's better. I enjoyed speaking with patients and guests when I could. The patients remind you of why you come to work every day. This organization also pays well if you are a good fit for the position. Raises aren't large but they are annual. Tuition reimbursement also helped me out! High quality care. High regards to safety.
The culture of the organization among employees seems to be changing, but not for the good. The organization's vision and mission statement are not communicated well. Employees aren't "bought in" to the mission statement and vision.Management is not standard among departments. Engagement from high level administrators is infrequent. The hardest part of my job was trying to accomplish my workload within 8 hours and being micromanaged. Job roles were not understood or delineated well by management.
Pros
Patients, Co worker relationships, awesome gift shop
Cons
micromanagement, stress level, more criticism than appreciation
It was a great place to work. Always had multiple resourses. It is a teaching hospital and helped me grow in my career.
Travel RN/med surg tele (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 8, 2019
I would clock in, get my assisgnment, bedside report, then huddle. I would start off assessing my patients, then huddle. Next I would do my med pass and make rounds with doctors. I would admitt, discharge, transfer to higher level of care if needed. I would carry out all of my duties assigned to my patients and help other teammates.I would start IVs on hard sticks. Insert difficult foleys and NG tubes. I would get Case Management involved with a difficult situation. I worked for my patients and when I found another problem, which they were not admitted for, I would call the doctors.Any time a patient had a new diagnosis I would print out educational information and go over it with them. If a patient were sad I would sit and listen to them.When multiple doctors were assigned to a patient I would make sure that they all knew what was going on with the patient. When a patient died I always did post mortum care and allow the familys to be with their loved one, providing any needs the familys might need. I would de escalate situations when familys were arguing and rarely had to call upon security. When familys did not have money to eat I would call and get meal tickets for them. When a patient was in restraints I would try all kinds of ways to get them removed, sitter, medication, etc. If radiology was having a hard time keeping a patient still for a procedure I would always go and led up and hold the patients hand and talk them thru it and if that did not work I would call md and get a medication order. If I saw another teammate struggling I would always jump in and help. If a patient  more... were nervous about a procedure I would sit and talk with them.We had many different cultures at the hospital. I understood and respected their wishes and beliefs in their decisions in their care. I learned alot by being at a Trauma level 1 teaching facility. I worked with residents closely. The hardest part of my job was taking care of the familys. You had to go thru hoops to get a family member a meal ticket.  less
Pros
Lots of team work. I knew my schedule 6 weeks in advance
Cons
I was a travel nurse and lived to far away to become full time staff
Overall a great place to learn and family oriented
Sr System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 26, 2018
Was a great place to work for the majority of my 18 years where I could participate in delivering world class healthcare. The collaboration and teamwork was stellar.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressful at times
Best work environment
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 14, 2018
This is a place where growth can occur and honestly would love to grown within this company. They treat the employee's like family and everyone expresses great team work.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Nepotism and politics rule
mid management (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 26, 2018
Even though this is a large organization, promotions and transfers are based on nepotism and politics, not on qualifications. For this reason many incompetent people have been promoted into jobs for which they are not qualified causing the whole organization to be very inefficient.
great benefits. pay could be more
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 24, 2018
long day in traffic . learn how to be more considered on people feeling. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and meeting different people.
Great job
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 27, 2018
Awesome place to work,that's why I'm still there. Honestly the best place that i ever worked,they care about patients and staff. Very pleased to wear my badge so people know where I work!
SRHS is a great company
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 16, 2018
I work with a wonderful group of doctors that truly love our patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see patients smiling faces upon getting a good report.
Work
Vascular Ultrasound Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 3, 2018
Scan 8+ patients a day which includes helping patient undress and dress.Management needs tons of work.Hardest part of the day is lifting patients and most enjoyable is getting to know my patients.
Nice place to work
ICU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 6, 2018
SRMC is a nice place to work with friendly people. The most enjoyable part of my job is patient interaction and the toughest is seeing families/patient deal will bad healthcare outcomes due to illness.
Fast pace medical environment
Referral Tech (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 8, 2018
Spartanburg Regional is a fast pace medical environment which provides a diverse working culture as well as offer employees the opportunity to move with in the company to grow and learn within the healthcare system.
Overall snapshot of a large growing organization
Performance Measures Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 9, 2018
To harness and measure quality performance of a large growing organization spread over seven counties, including in-patient and out-patient physician offices, ancillary sites, ambulatory surgery centers, as well the hospital network, is a daunting task to say the least. What I did each day was largely dependent on which day of the quarter it was, and which quarter of the year it was, or if it was year end. It was a continual race against the clock to ensure concurrent medical record reviews were performed, gathering quality data on physician members on several different layers, compiling reports for meetings, and juggling multiple tasks. My day became consumed with excel spreadsheets and workbooks, eating lunch in my office, assisting managed care companies with chart audits, addressing issues from my staff, and the list is endless. The workplace culture was very compartmentalized and being in a large open room was not conducive for me to concentrate on detailed reports and documents due to noise and overheard conversations, which was one of the hardest things for me. I started wearing ear plugs. I was doing the work of two people and was under a lot of stress. What I enjoyed the most was when SRHS recognized professionals every year by having Fuddruckers' provide a meal outside and they played music. Enjoyed the ice cream socials too.
I learned the power of excel and the importance of physicians and their staff embracing quality initiatives to improve and maximize reimbursement. Striving for excellence in healthcare requires that everyone get on board, and the sooner the
  more... better.  less
Pros
Great benefits and opportunities to attend continuing education workshops/conferences
Cons
Hard to sit at the computer all day, few breaks, some week-ends to catch up.
Great Agency
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 2, 2018
This is a great agency to work for, they are super friendly and very helpful when it comes to finding a new assignment. Choose them for all of your staffing needs.
Great company!
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 2, 2018
This is a great company to work for, they are super friendly and very helpful when it comes to being placed in an office. Choose them for all of your healthcare needs.
Wonderful Place to work
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 2, 2018
Loved this job. Only left due to family situations. Excellent if you want to work and gain knowledgeable experience on the job. Very understanding staff and management.
Good benefits
Cyto prep tech (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 3, 2018
Good benefits and average pay for the area. Coworkers are very helpful. The hours I work allow me to have a life outside of work. The hardest part is the lack of work to keep me busy throughout the day.
Smc
Staff & Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 23, 2018
This health care system is an awesome system to work for with great benefits. The administrative and management team are awesome and provide support to the staff at all levels. The goal is to provide the highest quality of care and produce positive patient outcomes.
Great co workers and benefits
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 30, 2018
Great group of phlebs that always work together no matter how crazy the day had been. They always had each others back. Very down to earth workplace with lots of great benefits.
Great place
MGC-HEMATOLOGY ONCOLOGY Clinical nurse (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Good place to work to raise your day. Many good people to work with. Busy place. State of the art facilities and care. Gibbs Cancer Center is the best. Nothing else to add.
Pros
SC Retirement
Cons
Not competitive pay
Best Place I've Ever Worked
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 5, 2018
Work at the Pelham Medical Center Campus. There is a reason it was in Modern Healthcare Magazine's top 100 places to work in 2016 and 2017! Management, staff, and safety culture are awesome! Every day is different in the ED! The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the patients I care for every time I go to work. I love my job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Reviews by Location