SPARTON ELECTRONICS Employee Reviews

Nice people and a decent work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Springs, NYMay 16, 2019
I had no issues working at Sparton my only complaint was the amount I was paid I made a few good friends and enjoyed my short time there. If I had made more money I wouldn’t have left
Pros
Fun people and fun work
Cons
Low pay
Ok place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 15, 2019
Ok place to work there is no advancement unless your buddy with somebody dont ever go to HR for anything the mgr is terrible people person and very rude they are not there for you at all
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Poor HR and Management
Family Oriented
MACHINE OPERATOR I (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 14, 2019
I really enjoyed my time working here at Sparton Electronics. I've made friends that I consider my work family. Everyone at Sparton Electronics is friendly, helpful and they make you feel important. I would highly recommend Sparton Electronics to a friend.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
long work hours
Lots of overtime
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 27, 2018
I liked working there. People are nice and friendly. There is a lot of work and overtime. The benefits are great. Plenty of room to advance. All kinds of shifts to work.
Don't walk, run away
HR (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 7, 2018
I worked here years ago and regular interactions with current employees indicate that things at Sparton haven't changed (not that I thought they would). In HR, we continually tried to improve employee morale with engagement activities (Brighter Ideas, Whatever It Takes, pot-luck lunches, charity events) but everything about the company was constantly working against us. Pay is low, schedules are bad, and there's no job security.
Pros
Relationships formed with co-workers
Cons
Everything, low pay, bad benefits, management, schedule, you name it
Sparton empowers people to take charge.
Senior Product Manager | Navigation & Exploration (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 28, 2018
Sparton recognizes employees that want to move ahead. They support those that are willing to work outside the box and champion change within the corporation.
Down the tubes
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  De Leon Springs, FLOctober 25, 2018
I have not seen this many cowboys running around doing whatever they want in a very long time. This ship is sinking fast. Don't waste your time getting on-board. Management is poor, everything is done in silos, culture is horrible, no one pays attention to detail on anything, even our government customers are fed up with us.
Pros
Experience of how not to run a business
Cons
Pretty much everything
good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  De Leon Springs, FLOctober 25, 2018
Fair, good manager employee relations, fun place to work, was a reliable company to work for and had fair holiday and time off policies. Good working relationships with Supervisor and Co-workers.
Pros
Activities
Cons
pay
The Night Shift Nightmare
Machine Operator/Assembly (Former Employee) –  De Leon Springs, FLOctober 7, 2018
After the third week of working there, it started going do hill. My supervisor and his second in command begin to harass me. I tried to report to Human Resources only to find that my supervisor bad month me. I also discover the really nasty side of the supervisor from remedy staffing. I discover favoritism different employees and the supervisor with creating an uncomfortable work environment. The Stress takes a toll on my body and left altogether. I will never work with a staffing agency and company like this one ever again.
Pros
decent starting pay and decent break times
Cons
favoritism different employees and supervisor.
An OK Job (Wouldn't Make a Career There)
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 30, 2018
People basically work there because of a lack of regular, decent paying jobs in the area. The factory is losing business and the work has slowed down substantially in the past year. Workers who haven't invested a lot of time there are looking elsewhere for a better work situation; so you have workers who are there because they need the work, and/or can't look elsewhere at the present time, or they haven't been there long enough to have one of the higher wage positions.
Pros
Some of the workers are sociable and make the time go quicker
Cons
Bad start times; shifts that are not agreeable to a balanced life
Work enviroment
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  DELEON SPRINGS FLAugust 28, 2018
I DONT anything to say about this job experience it so okay but it wasn't the best and it isn't a environment where everyone can work at and be succeful
Sparton Electronics is ethically challenged
Temporary Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 18, 2018
I worked in Accounting as a temporary. The manager kept telling me I would be hired at the end of my temporary period. Then when I got sick and needed 3 days off, I was dismissed from the assignment, and the manager spread lies about me doing poor work and being disruptive in the office space.
Same as previous
TEST ENGINEERING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 8, 2018
Management controlled by satellite division who micro-managed site operation and division CEO was a "puppet" without disregard to division and employees.
Good place to work if you like overtime.
Production Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FL 34602June 19, 2018
It was just an ok place to work at. I used to work overtime all the time and at time 7 days a week, there really was no time for a personal life. The pay itself wasn't that great.
Pros
Free training
Cons
pay
Poor management
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  De Leon Springs, FLJune 16, 2018
Supervisors and leads dont know how to run their lines: which results in a lot of random overtime hours. Most are hired because they know someone, even if they have minimal or no experience. Limited and poor training. No sick days or vacation, only paid time off which has become very hard to use. If you have too much PTO they requiere you to use it on the days the shut down the factory. You use PTO how they want you to use it. They dont follow their own policies.
. It was four years ago.
Strongsville, Ohio- Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 22, 2018
I had no car at the time. Hours changed for summer. My rides at the time would not comply with the changes. In the long run I was the only one with this situation which resulted in no job.
Pros
Working on medical machines.
Cons
The rides and well as the company were not flexible to the situation.
Lack of leadership and direction
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 13, 2018
Very hostile work environment. No positive input from management and very volatile with misdirected or misguided requirements on expected outcomes without proper knowledge or understanding of what is involved in performing job requirements
A good company to work for...
Embedded Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2018
Very small but friendly place, very conductive to getting a lot of work done. Verifying and validating Software on marine buoy systems. The people were very competent.
Pros
Good working atmosphere.
Cons
Not a lot of understanding of software testing.
Fast paced
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  DeLeon Springs, FlMarch 11, 2018
I would go back if I could. I loved the hours and that I most of the time had a three day weekend. Managers are very understanble and so are the team leaders.
sparton
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  deleon springs, flFebruary 28, 2018
sparton is a good company to work for. i worked there for 2 years. i started out as temp. i applied through a company called kelly services. i was hired on after 8 months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPARTON ELECTRONICS. Our community is ready to answer.