SpeakWrite

SpeakWrite Employee Review

Perfect for a SAHM!
General Typist (Current Employee) –  VirtualNovember 12, 2018
I’ve been working for SpeakWrite as a General Typist for a few weeks now and I am loving it! I am a stay at home mom, so the ability to hop on and type when I have a free minute is invaluable. I schedule myself for two hours a day (usually in the evenings after my baby has gone to sleep) and I also pick up extra hours whenever they send an email saying they have bonuses on for typist help! It’s great! I am averaging about $50/day for 4-5 hours of typing. It’s so nice to supplement my family with this income and to do it in my pajamas!

Some cons I can think of are the very extensive rules/formatting involved. You may spend a lot of time researching, and that is unpaid. However, I assume after typing a lot it becomes second nature. Sometimes the dictations are sloppy with large pauses/errors that are also unpaid and a lot of background noise to filter through.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule, make your own hours

Other SpeakWrite Employee Reviews

Flexible hours but poor compensation
Transcriptionist, Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2020
I've worked at this company for a few months now. While I do enjoy the flexibility, the compensation is extremely poor. The pay is usually .005 per word or 1 cent for every two words.
Pros
Flexible hours, totally remote location
Cons
Micro-management, poor compensation
Productive and great place to work
LAW ENFORCEMENT SALES (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2019
Great place to work and the atmosphere was family-like. The work place is very relaxed. The upper management was very understanding and easy to work with.