Spec Employee Reviews

Just not a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2019
The office staff is always rotating they're never there more than a year they never have any work you make yourself available call them and get nothing speaking from a driver's point of view I've made a lot of money at temp and found a lot of good work but this is not one of them places I would not recommend this place to anyone save yourself the headache and stress and find a good temp agency to work at like Centerline Pro-Drive even trance force is 30 times better than this place
Pros
I'm sorry but there is none
Cons
Almost everything
June 12, 2019

We're sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your experience with Spec On The Job. We do our best to place every job seeker with a company, but this isn't always possible depending on the number of open positions we have available at a given time, as well as the experience level and qualifications required by our clients for a given position. If you'd like to reach out to us with more details about your experience and the Spec recruiters you were working with, please email us at marketing@speconthejob.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

It is a staffing agency where your used at high demand for low pay and long hours with no chance of long term job placement.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2018
Very slow with work in between jobs. Your sent to construction sites to do labor work then told to do jobs that are not apart of laborers duties. Your placed in unsafe situations at times and barely have any say so about your safety or risk losing your job.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about Spec On The Job. We do our best to place our employees in long-term, full-time positive whenever possible, while also serving the hiring needs of our clients.

January 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We take safety issue very seriously and ask that anyone who feels unsafe on a job contact us IMMEDIATELY, because investigating and correcting these situation quickly is of the highest priority for us. Please email us at marketing@speconthejob.com and give us more details so we can look into what occurred and take action.

Great place for job placement
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 26, 2018
Worked here as a summer job while home from college. I was always placed with in jobs that needed a carpenters laborer/helper. Was definitely a good starting point for my career in the construction industry.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving us your kind comments. It's gratifying to hear that we were able to assist with getting you into a new career.

relaxed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2018
you can pick your own hours and will always have work for the most part. Around the beginning of he ear they are slow for class A cdl drivers but you can pick a different position until work comes.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving comments about your experience working with Spec On The Job as a driver.

I liked working there.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALOctober 24, 2018
Spent 12 years there. It was time for a change. They helped me make the transition to a new job.

I started with little experience in thier line of business and by the time I left l was managing IT, purchasing, and HR functions. They allowed me to develop a wide range of skills.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave Spec On The Job a rating as well as comments. We're proud that you were able to learn new skills while working for us and wish you the best of luck in your new position.

good driving comp.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2018
Well i mostly had good days at spec,It was mostly fast pace because most stops had appointments.It was also great to me because most of the stops were local.
January 11, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and are glad that your driving position was a positive one overall and worked well with your schedule.

Very Happy here
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Anonymous EmployeeSeptember 11, 2018
I love it here. Amazing job everybody is friendly and always ready to help when needed. Our Sales team is strong and, even though spread out, like a family. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
This organization is great. Best place to work.
Cons
I can't say one con about this place!
January 11, 2019

Thank you very much for your comments and for taking the time to rate Spec On The Job. It's rewarding to hear that your experience working with us has been such a positive one.

Telecommute available
Claims Adjuster for Conifer Value Based Care (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2018
I get to work from home. I choose my own hours. I don't have to go into an office. I can work in my pajama's. I don't gain weight when the office staff has a potluck.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving Spec On The Job a positive rating. We're pleased that your experience working with us has been a good one.

Small company with lots of opportunity to excel
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2018
SPEC is a great place to work if you value self direction and being able to both lead teams and be led in other team arrangements. Upper management is very involved and while this can cause some priorities to change between projects there is usually a consensus built about why each project has different priorities.
January 15, 2019

Thank you for leaving a rating and your feedback about Spec On The Job.

Great job to build up on
Wire and Metal Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Clarklake, MIJune 22, 2018
Job is fast paced depending on the amount of jobs that are being taken up at the time. Can feel competitive at times when you are forced to be pushed faster and faster over others. A lot of trust throughout the company that the employees will get done what is needed.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving Spec On The Job a rating. We also appreciate you taking time to give us feedback on your work experience with us.

Spec on the job is a great company
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 13, 2018
Spec on the job is a great company. A typical work day last about 7 to 9 hours good pay easy work. It’s almost foolish not to apply the this company. APPLY NOW!!!

Comment – March 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback! We appreciate your kind comments.

Fun productive jobs
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2018
A great place to work for with great people. I enjoy the jobs and love my boss. Never had any real complaints about anything they do or any of the jobs they sent me too.

Comment – February 2, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments! We're glad that you've had such good experiences working with us.

Spec was a great Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 29, 2018
I could tell they really care about the people that work for them, and they are always trying to get people excited about work. Everyone was really nice and supportive in my time there.

Comment – February 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive comment! We appreciate your hard work and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Temporary Work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 24, 2018
I was sent to 2 different construction companies to work for a couple weeks each. The first was good, just really hot out, but can't blame anybody for that. The second I was less enthused about, I was sent to help the owner's right hand man, who told me, he'd told the previous temporary worker to "go brush his teeth with a pistol".

Comment – January 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and your positive review.

If any supervisor or co-worker says or does something that makes you feel unsafe, please contact the authorities immediately, or either your local Spec office or Spec’s corporate office. You can reach the corporate office by phone at (919) 808-1011, or by email at: info [at] speconthejob.com.

Spec takes comments like this seriously, and we do not want anyone put in harm's way. Any information you can provide us with to prevent a situation like this from happening again would be appreciated.

Great place to work with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 12, 2018
I've greatly enjoyed my time working for Spec. The office atmosphere is friendly and the work is varied enough to keep the workday interesting. This is a great company for self-motivated people, because you have a lot of freedom to choose how you get your daily tasks done.

The management style is relaxed, and hard work is acknowledged and appreciated.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and friendly coworkers
Cons
None that I can think of

Comment – January 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that your experience working with us has been a positive one.

Great Place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Spec on the JobJanuary 11, 2018
I look forward to go to work every day. Spec is a very rewarding job. I love being able to help people find work. there are the occasional issues, like temp employees not showing up or clients cancelling a job at the last minute, but that is the staffing business for you...even Though we are spread out as a company, and each branch office is small, I feel like I can always get help from a coworker.

Comment – January 12, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your kind comments.

Moving the goal posts daily
Selling Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 5, 2018
We constantly had changes made to the compensation package that seemed to be designed to reduce our pay. We, the ones doing the work, getting phone calls at 11 pm on a Friday night. I MADE a bonus before I left, was told I was going to get it, my co worker was told I was going to get it, but I was never paid.
Pros
sunny offices
Cons
no money for copy paper or anything

Comment – January 11, 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We understand that any changes in a commission structure can be frustrating. We did respond to feedback from our branch offices on this issue over two years ago. Since that time, the commission structure for the Selling Branch Manager position in the Hartford office - and Spec’s other offices - has not changed.

SPEC’s corporate office in Durham, NC provides all office supplies - including copy paper - to our branch offices. Branch offices only need to email a request for office supplies to our Administrative Officer, and we quickly honor those requests, because we understand that an office can't function without the proper supplies.

a good place to work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Derry, PADecember 3, 2017
if you are looking for a place to learn and grow with a company in a production atmosphere, this is the place for you. Must have high attention to detail. Quality and good performance is a must.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for your comments! We like getting feedback on people's on-the-job experiences.

Would not recommend
Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2017
I honestly wouldn't recommend any one work for SPEC. They are a placement agency that takes 15% of your check as their fees, they don't work with you if you need anything, and their office is disorganized.
January 11, 2019

Spec On The Job does not, and has never, charged any employee a fee for finding them employment. Like other staffing agencies, we are paid by companies who hire us to find them workers, not by job seekers.

Great job
Turn Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 17, 2017
It was a great company,. I liked the people I worked with as wenas the job. I hated the job had to end but It was a temporary job. I turned apartments for GSC.

Comment – December 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us positive feedback! We're glad that your experience with Spec was a good one and we want to thank you for working with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spec. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Spec.

Powered by Comparably